God of War Ragnarok Thread

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Im actually surprised i passed you so significantly. Ive even been trying to do everything to get as close to the plat as possible. But you are hours behind me in the story now. Oh well. I wont spoil anything.
Been doing lots of side quests.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Atreus gets a magic sword now too! Also, Thor is doing a temporary assist with the BOI! Muspelhiem is where I am at right now. This game gets getting better and better. I cannot wait for NG+!
Im actually surprised i passed you so significantly. Ive even been trying to do everything to get as close to the plat as possible. But you are hours behind me in the story now. Oh well. I wont spoil anything.
What difficulty are you each playing on?

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I'm super behind everyone here. I'm doing all the side stuff on Vanaheim right now. I'm at the point where I'm finally enjoying the game for all it's worth, same as with 2018, although it took longer to get there.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
You know, as much as I’m a sucker for souls games, and I really loved Elden Ring enough to play 10 times over, I also think GOWR is the better game between the two and definitely the goty award winner, or even the best game of the decade.

I always appreciated whenever game featured amazing lore, characters, and story. I also love games that are based on mythologies and established media, as it allowed me to interact with those worlds.

GOWR has it all; Everything and everyone has at least some form of backstory. The one-dimensional characters are nearly none existent and all the character you meet have something going on that makes you invested in the game. The story is one of the greatest takes in Norse mythology of all time, clearly showing the devs love, understanding, and respect for the source material while taking few creative liberties here and there. It dominates AC Valhalla on so many angles.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I played about 5 hours doing all of the side quests in Midgard with Kratos and Freya. Did the mainline quest there, and back to Sindri's house. I am stopping for now and having pizza.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
GOWR has it all; Everything and everyone has at least some form of backstory. The one-dimensional characters are nearly none existent and all the character you meet have something going on that makes you invested in the game. The story is one of the greatest takes in Norse mythology of all time, clearly showing the devs love, understanding, and respect for the source material while taking few creative liberties here and there.
Agreed. Ragnarök and Odin's Sphere are the only games I know with the best takes on Norse mythology.

It dominates AC Valhalla on so many angles.
Anything dominates over that piece of trash.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
You know, as much as I’m a sucker for souls games, and I really loved Elden Ring enough to play 10 times over, I also think GOWR is the better game between the two and definitely the goty award winner, or even the best game of the decade.
Little fucking early for "game of the decade" lol. But yeah I see what you're saying. GodRag is one of those rare games that comes out practically perfect. In the sense that you can't look at anything in GodRag and be like, "This could have been way better". Like you could nitpick things to personal tastes, but the fact that the combat is great and varied, the characters are great and fun, the story is great, the graphics and world are great, the lore is great, it's like....fuck dude. It's kind of a perfect game in that sense, there is basically nothing at all wrong with it. While GodRag might not be for everyone based on preferences, it's hard to argue against anything objectively lacking in the game tbh.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Well they needed to give more exp, because there is a lot more stuff to spend that exp on this time. So it makes sense.
Just a heads up to everyone, the Berserker Warriors side quests (you'll know it's one because of green energy with a sword hilt sticking out of a gravestone) are the new optional Valkyrie boss fights. They are tough. The first one took me 4 tries, and the second one only took me 2 tries. There seems to be one in each realm. Though they are way easier compared to later Valkyries. The first one you'll encounter in Midgard.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Just a heads up to everyone, the Berserker Warriors side quests (you'll know it's one because of green energy with a sword hilt sticking out of a gravestone) are the new optional Valkyrie boss fights. They are tough. The first one took me 4 tries, and the second one only took me 2 tries. There seems to be one in each realm. Though they are way easier compared to later Valkyries. The first one you'll encounter in Midgard.
Heads up for you. Some are meant to me fought as you encounter, some are meant for post-game and will fuck you up. So if you encounter a stone, be prepared to die if you aren't ready for it. I was trying to clear out realms and ran into a stone and got curbed stomped lol. But I have been able to kill 4 of them just playing naturally through the game. But some of them....jesus.

Reactions: BrawlMan

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I'm super behind everyone here. I'm doing all the side stuff on Vanaheim right now. I'm at the point where I'm finally enjoying the game for all it's worth, same as with 2018, although it took longer to get there.

Not me! I'm in the mine pits :)

Half of that is only playing an hour or two every other day at best, the other is GMGOW impeding progress by probably around 50% over what I comparably made in 2018. That was the diff below it though.

Reactions: BrawlMan