General Movies, Music, Web Show, and TV News Thread

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
Call me crazy, but maybe the guy who produced, wrote, stared as and based the character off his own life, Rick, maybe just maybe has anger issues?

But next you're gonna tell me Grr Martin writing multiple scenes of brothers raping their sisters and extended scenes of underage girls taking long, stinky, squirty diarrhea shits in the woods might have some unresolved issues with women.
Thing is, this isn't always the case. There are numerous writers whose work contains all kind of messed up stuff but are otherwise pretty normal, down-to-Earth people. Being creative also comes with the potential to go into some very messed up territory and sometimes it can be a sign of underlying issues, but that isn't always the case. I'm sure if I met Martin he'd be a pretty swell guy (I hope).

Reactions: BrawlMan

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Thing is, this isn't always the case. There are numerous writers whose work contains all kind of messed up stuff but are otherwise pretty normal, down-to-Earth people. Being creative also comes with the potential to go into some very messed up territory and sometimes it can be a sign of underlying issues, but that isn't always the case. I'm sure if I met Martin he'd be a pretty swell guy (I hope).
I dunno, its that "I hope" that worries me. Whedon, creep. King, creep. Rowling, creep. If the new Velma show is anything to go by, Kaling, creep.
Feels like every author is a real creep, and we just don't know it yet. I wouldn't want to be alone with Grr Martin that's for sure.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I dunno, its that "I hope" that worries me. Whedon, creep. King, creep. Rowling, creep. If the new Velma show is anything to go by, Kaling, creep.
Feels like every author is a real creep, and we just don't know it yet. I wouldn't want to be alone with Grr Martin that's for sure.
I get where you are coming from, but not every writer, performer, author, or director is some creep or assholes. They're plenty of others that mind their own business, do their job, and actually help others or don't go out of their way to be terrible people. You don't have to praise nor trust every single one of them, but as long as they're not acting up nor intentionally hurting others, I usually don't have a problem with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: SilentPony

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I didn't know they did a sequel to The Accident Man. Comes out next month on DVD/Blu-Ray. First day buy for me!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Don't know why this needs a revival as it already had a definitive ending with a majority of the kids grown up to young adults and about to start college. I'm happy for the fans, but there's really not much left you can do with this show.

Last edited:

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria

Don't know why this needs a revival as it already had a definitive ending with a majority of the kids grown up too young adults and about to start college. I'm happy for the fans, but there's really not much left you can do with this show.
Did their summer vacation ever end?

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Something, something, then everything changed when the fire nation attacked, something, something.
Something Something I don't remember the next verse

SECRET TUNNEL.....SECRET TUNNEL!

I'm sorry, I don't know where that came from. I'll go now.

HP Lovecraft would not do well in the age of social media, that's for sure. I know he's dead, that just sprang to mind and someone who would else up on the wrong end of the twitter Ratio spectrum real quick.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Wait a second…….
…….I think you mean Trini. Her actress, Thuy Trang, died in a car crash when she was 27. Amy Jo Johnson is still with us.

But you’re right, it’s not the same without them.
Derp, name confusion. Yes I meant Trini.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Well, was King just creepy in his books or was he creepy in real life? Same with GRR Martin. With Whedon, Rowling, and Orsen Scott Card we know they are. Roald Dahl also said some unhinged shit about the jews, along with apparently being a bit of a piece of shit father.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Well, was King just creepy in his books or was he creepy in real life? Same with GRR Martin. With Whedon, Rowling, and Orsen Scott Card we know they are. Roald Dahl also said some unhinged shit about the jews, along with apparently being a bit of a piece of shit father.
Roald Dahl was born in 1916 and went to war in World War 2. So personally I’m surprised it’s only the Jewish he’s said unhinged shit about.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Roald Dahl was born in 1916 and went to war in World War 2. So personally I’m surprised it’s only the Jewish he’s said unhinged shit about.
Well, in the original draft of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory the oompa-loompas were a tribe of, like, bushmen from Africa that were seemingly happy to be enslaved by Willy Wonka, but then Dahl's publisher (I think) was like 'Uuuuh no, how about we don't do that'. So it likely wasn't just jews that he was fucking weird about, even for that time.