What have you purchased recently?

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
No, but I have heard of that happening. The updated drivers for the monitor included a color profile which seems to have prevented that.
Hmm, either that or driver updates finally got that resolved. I'll have to play with HDR more when I game later.

Reactions: gorfias

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
A new keyboard.

Well, technically 2 keyboards. I replaced my full-size keyboard with a 75%, but also bought a separate stand alone number pad.

I like having a number-pad for when I'm working from home (which is most of the time) and am using excel, but I don't need a number pad all the time, and having a longer keyboard when gaming interferes with my mouse sometimes. This way I can move the number pad when it's not in use to give myself more room. This also allows me to have the number pad on the left side of my keyboard instead of the right side, so I can used it with my left hand so I can use the number pad and arrow keys or mouse at the same time.

Both the new new keyboard and new number pad are custom. The keyboard uses tactile switches, is an aluminum body and uses foam inside the keyboard and a gasket mount for the PCB and has a nice deep "thocky" sound when typing. It sounds very pleasant and much better than my old keyboard which sounded kind of hollow and rattly. The number pad has the same construction but uses clicky switches instead.

For the keyboard and number pad plus shipping I paid almost $300. Is it worth it for a better sounding keyboard and a bit of extra desk space and convenience? I don't know yet...probably not. But I really like it so far.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
A new keyboard. Both the new new keyboard and new number pad are custom.
Woah, spooky! I just got myself a new keyboard to replace my old custom one that crapped out on me... aluminum case, PCB, gasket mounted as well. I was waiting to put it all together before posting about it here. Went from an all plastic 67% to an aluminum TKL.

The precense of case foam suggests it's not the same as mine though, which is the Maker Scarlet (in lavender colour). Keychron, KBDFans perhaps?

Reactions: Dirty Hipsters

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Woah, spooky! I just got myself a new keyboard to replace my old custom one that crapped out on me... aluminum case, PCB, gasket mounted as well. I was waiting to put it all together before posting about it here. Went from an all plastic 67% to an aluminum TKL.

The precense of case foam suggests it's not the same as mine though, which is the Maker Scarlet (in lavender colour). Keychron, KBDFans perhaps?
Keychron Q1 version 2 (with a knob) along with a Q0 number pad, both in gray/silver.

Version 1 had some issues with the aluminum case being very pingy and kind of hollow sounding which this one fixed.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
An air fryer. My gf has denied my getting one citing that she doesn't want to clutter up our counterspace with more crap, but her sister's bf brought his over to make wings for the Rams v. 49ers football game Saturday, and she was sold on it immediately. Should arrive today; I've been watching the front window like a puppy awaiting his master to come home.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Some new replacement cables for my headphones. Good set of cans, but I guess the cable design just sucks cuz I've gone though like 6 of them so far. Can't even get official ones anymore, been going aftermarket for a while now. Last two turned out pretty shit, so I hope these ones are better.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Some new replacement cables for my headphones. Good set of cans, but I guess the cable design just sucks cuz I've gone though like 6 of them so far. Can't even get official ones anymore, been going aftermarket for a while now. Last two turned out pretty shit, so I hope these ones are better.
I have the same problem with mine- good-quality headsets, but it never seems to take long for the wire to fritz out and lose sound on one side.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
I have the same problem with mine- good-quality headsets, but it never seems to take long for the wire to fritz out and lose sound on one side.
That's curious. What headphones are you guys using that are having this issue?

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
That's curious. What headphones are you guys using that are having this issue?
Sennheiser Momentum 1.0 over-ears in my case. Build quality of the headphones is high, as in actual metal and real stitched leather, but the cable that comes with is this thin, cheap feeling pos with a 2.5" jack going into the cans that seemingly inevitably craps out and loses sound on the right side.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Ordered a Google Pixel 7.

I wish I didn't need a new phone, because my current OnePlus 8T isn't really that old at all, but the software is so buggy, that it is really getting irritating.

Frankly, the biggest deal breaker for me, is that Spotify no longer seems to work on Android Auto. If I restart the phone, and fuck about with the USB connectivity settings, or battery settings on Spotify, I might get it to work for a trip or two, but then it just stops working again. I've tried clearing the storage/cache, and uninstalling the app, but it doesn't fix it. My girlfriend's phone works first time, every time, so I know that it isn't the car or cable.

Otherwise, the battery life is getting much worse, 5G connectivity seems to barely work at all, and the general software experience seems to get worse and worse with every update.

I really did like my OnePlus 6T (that I also replaced because of software issues, now that I think about it), but the 8T has put me off the brand for good, now. And to be honest, judging by the reviews for OnePlus' latest devices, the brand has descended even further into mediocrity.

So, im making a switch, and hopefully this phone lasts me much longer.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
New mouse. Logitech G502. To replace my near decade old G402 that's on its last legs, but which I was quite happy with. And I've gotten used to that specific button layout.

Reactions: gorfias and Worgen

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
New mouse. Logitech G502. To replace my near decade old G402 that's on its last legs, but which I was quite happy with. And I've gotten used to that specific button layout.
I did that upgrade also, ended up really liking the 502 even more then the 402.

Reactions: gorfias and Chimpzy