What have you purchased recently?

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Some lead paint testing strips.

After about 10 minutes of scraping paint off my bathroom floor it slowly occurred to me that given the house was built in the 1820s and the bathroom extension was likely built in the 1950s there is a pretty good chance there's some lead based paint in there.

I have stopped scraping for now. If my future posts start getting even more incoherent than usual you'll know that'll be the lead poisoning.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Dwarf Fortress. I need to watch a how-to.
Boy howdy, will you need one. The game's... complex. At least the Steam version comes with actual graphics; imagine trying to figure out what that "@" is supposed to be.

For all the jokes I've made about Cyberpunk 2077 being a great $15 Steam sale game, I got bored and ended up getting it for twice that. It's surprising how well it's run on my decidedly mid-range system with pretty high graphics settings (not RTX, of course), but I've seen a couple bugs already- one of the intro stories features a scene in a techno club, and a few of the patrons couldn't decide which plane of reality they wanted to exist on and were just flickering in place.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Boy howdy, will you need one. The game's... complex. At least the Steam version comes with actual graphics; imagine trying to figure out what that "@" is supposed to be.

For all the jokes I've made about Cyberpunk 2077 being a great $15 Steam sale game, I got bored and ended up getting it for twice that. It's surprising how well it's run on my decidedly mid-range system with pretty high graphics settings (not RTX, of course), but I've seen a couple bugs already- one of the intro stories features a scene in a techno club, and a few of the patrons couldn't decide which plane of reality they wanted to exist on and were just flickering in place.
I got Cyberpunk at launch and for the most part the only bugs I found were visual like that. I only had like 1 crash in 66 hours and one quest lockup that restarting let me finish.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
but I've seen a couple bugs already- one of the intro stories features a scene in a techno club, and a few of the patrons couldn't decide which plane of reality they wanted to exist on and were just flickering in place.
To be fair, I've seen shit like that in bioware games too. LIke when you're having a conversation with a character and a 2nd version of the same character is wandering around in the background during the conversation and man that kinda ruins the scene.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I had chicken curry from the Vietnamese restaurant last night. Also went ahead and got some groceries after driving around for a while.

12314.jpeg
12316.jpeg

Last edited:

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
A few days ago, I finally got all of these components in:

View attachment 7572

And with a few spare parts from my previous computer, I now have this:

View attachment 7573

(Don't ask to see the cable management. Just don't. I love you too much to hurt you that way.)
I got a 1 TB Samsung SSD that I can use now in my current build (ran out of space on the 256 in it) but move to a new build I will make in Q1 2024.

Also got a Samsung Galaxy S22+. The screen is much brighter than the S20+ I traded in. I wonder if that is because it is OLED, and OLEDs are supposed to fade over time? I have a PS Vita with an OLED screen I think looks pretty good after all these years. But I do use my phone way more.
1671335408067.png

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I got a 1 TB Samsung SSD that I can use now in my current build (ran out of space on the 256 in it) but move to a new build I will make in Q1 2024.

Also got a Samsung Galaxy S22+. The screen is much brighter than the S20+ I traded in. I wonder if that is because it is OLED, and OLEDs are supposed to fade over time? I have a PS Vita with an OLED screen I think looks pretty good after all these years. But I do use my phone way more.
How are you liking it so far, aside from the screen looking great? Are the built in apps very annoying? I'm trying to get my boss to get me an S22 Ultra and knowing more would be cool.

Reactions: gorfias

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
How are you liking it so far, aside from the screen looking great? Are the built in apps very annoying? I'm trying to get my boss to get me an S22 Ultra and knowing more would be cool.
So far so good. Much was carried over from my old phone automatically. But things like email? I need to set them back up. New Messaging app. Things look different. Not better. Just different.

I really like my S20 + so, I expect to like this.

One downside so far? This one does not allow me to use additional storage (SD card). Came with 128 Gig internal.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
So far so good. Much was carried over from my old phone automatically. But things like email? I need to set them back up. New Messaging app. Things look different. Not better. Just different.

I really like my S20 + so, I expect to like this.

One downside so far? This one does not allow me to use additional storage (SD card). Came with 128 Gig internal.
I would be moving from an S8 so it will be a much more dramatic upgrade for me. I was planning on getting the 256 so I don't think storage will be too much of an issue.

Reactions: gorfias

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I would be moving from an S8 so it will be a much more dramatic upgrade for me. I was planning on getting the 256 so I don't think storage will be too much of an issue.
I had the S7 before going to the S20+ and it greatly pleased me!
The charger will change to USB C, block you plug into is still standard so keep yours if you can change the cord out. The phone comes with the cord, no block. No 3.5 mm headphone jack. You can get headphones that plug into the USB C. I think you can get blutooth headphones that will work too.