Hogwarts Legacy - Whimsical Wizardry

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
The only people who matter are people who agree with me and my narrative.
People like that don't matter, because they only exist to feed you the information you want to hear in the naive belief that if they proove they're one of the good ones you won't hate them as much.

Everything they do and are is a lie designed to make you feel better about yourselves.

Have the basic decency to own your own awful opinions. I don't care whose mouth they get paid to come out of.

I don't care about facts, or statistics!
If you're getting your facts and statistics from right-wing youtube, then no. I don't care, and neither should you.

I'd also like you to explain to me how this is relevant to the actual fucking child who got murdered in what is and always very obviously was a hate crime?

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan and Kwak

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I'd also like you to explain to me how this is relevant to the actual fucking child who got murdered in what is and always very obviously was a hate crime?
I wasn't even referencing that so nothing?

If you're getting your facts and statistics from right-wing youtube, then no
Because only the left-wing has the real facts. Statistics only count if someone left handed writes them down. This is the same thing I said, and it makes you sound like CNN.

Everything they do and are is a lie designed to make you feel better about yourselves.
Both sides are guilty of this.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Then maybe stay out of conversations you aren't following.

Multiple people have asked you to drop this.

Because only the left-wing has the real facts.
Normally, I would agree with the point you're making, but on left-wing Youtube it's normal practice to provide a sources document on videos involving statistical research.

The source for that video is a single Russia Today article which doesn't exist any more. The fact that you're convinced by that is a bigger self-own than anything I could say to you at this point.

Last edited:

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
They've done studies that prove that there are distinct behavioral differences between men and woman that have nothing to do with outside influence. Science and society have prove it time and time again.
How do you prove that while also being part of the culture where that happens? It's not like they are or have a control group of completely isolated humans

Reactions: BrawlMan

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Does this mean that trans-genderism isn't real and is basically just a performance?
Why do you insist on being difficult? Were you stung by a transgender bee as a child, or something?

Because only the left-wing has the real facts. Statistics only count if someone left handed writes them down. This is the same thing I said, and it makes you sound like CNN.

Both sides are guilty of this.
This is all just you saying it's okay for you to lie and bullshit because some other people are dishonest bullshitters too.

Reactions: Kwak and BrawlMan

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
How do you prove that while also being part of the culture where that happens? It's not like they are or have a control group of completely isolated humans
Because the same cycle repeats for every society in the world. Can you name one culture where men behave in traditional female ways and vise versa? Did TikTok and gender norms pollute African tribes that have no real contact with the outside world yet they exhibit the many of the same "Social norm" behaviors seen in modern cultures?

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Can you name one culture where men behave in traditional female ways and vise versa?
Every single society that has ever existed. Including this one.

Would you like me to list some of the various Latin terms for men who behave in traditionally female ways?

Did TikTok and gender norms pollute African tribes that have no real contact with the outside world yet they exhibit the many of the same "Social norm" behaviors seen in modern cultures?
Have you ever spoken to someone who has studied anthropology?

Does your definition of the "social norm" behaviours seen in modern cultures include young boys consuming as much semen as possible from older men in order to absorb their power, or a newly married bride being expected to have intercourse with her uncle in law before she is allowed to sleep with her husband? What about one woman marrying several brothers who take turns sleeping with her and treat all her children as their own?

Last edited:

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Because the same cycle repeats for every society in the world. Can you name one culture where men behave in traditional female ways and vise versa?
Yes, but you'll say they don't count because "not all the men did that" or something
Did TikTok and gender norms pollute African tribes that have no real contact with the outside world yet they exhibit the many of the same "Social norm" behaviors seen in modern cultures?
Damn, sub-Saharan isolated african tribes regularly practiced incest like upper-class Victorian England with highly stratified gender based responsibilities that have nothing to do with base biology? Or can we stop pretending like "social norms" have a singular definition?

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
No you don't, that's obviously fallacious.

And even if you did, non-binary people have been around for decades. Your personal incredulity does not determine the nature of reality.
It's not my incredulity I leveraged to make my point. It's social clout and tradition. Like in Thailand you have ladyboys there, it's a "thing", so sure it can be. But here, it isn't.

The world is full of animals who live solitary lives and yet reproduce. Reproduction is actually one of the easiest parts of social life, so easy that you don't need to be a social animal to do it. You don't even need a central nervous system in order to do it. In fact, the capacity for abstract thought, language and social identity seems to make it harder to reproduce, not easier. There are countless evolutionary advantages to being a complex, intelligent social animal. The ability to reproduce isn't one of them.
Dude, we're not tigers (apologies to the furries out there), we're apes, apes are social creatures. Also, I am willing to say that this social element is precisely why we managed to achieve so much progress and came to dominate all other life forms on this planet, so I'd expect some gratitude towards the thing that made our lives into those of people and not of animals. Even the most asocial human (I know cause that's me! :p) is still orders of magnitude more wired for social interaction than a tiger who only mates once or twice a year and lives in the forests of india by itself.

Okay, so to try and explain it again. Identity and emotion are different things. I'm not sure where you get the idea that anyone thinks otherwise. Emotions are gendered because the society we live in is deeply irrational and everything in it is gendered, but that relates more to the expectations placed on people than the reality of their emotional states.
I may surprise you, but america is a lot less gendered than where I grew up. In the Greek tongue even words are gendered, so a lot of inanimate things like stairs or socks or what have you are also male or female or neutral (we have a neutral, yes, so this is by default what you classify things that don't belong in male or female at, it's not some chaotic soup of confusion lol).

Now, because it's an issue close to my heart, I could point out that some people do have personality or identity disorders which means they lack a stable sense of identity, and for those people their identity might be heavily affected by their mood. Those people have very hard lives and deserve to be treated with respect, because they're still human beings like you even if they work a little differently sometimes.

But for me, no. My moods do not determine my identity. Furthermore, far from being constantly in flux, my identity is actually just as stable as yours. I am not a man one day and then a woman the next, I am always non-binary. Sometimes I feel like I want to be seen as more masculine (as more like a man, not as a man) and sometimes I want to be seen as more feminine (as more like a woman) and I might express myself accordingly in order to be seen as such. But this isn't determined by my moods, it's mostly determined by how much I am experiencing gender dysphoria, because I do have gender dysphoria and while I don't subscribe to the idea that you can only be trans or non-binary if you have gender dysphoria, it's a big part of why I am the way I am.

We all have an internalized sense of who we are and how we would like others to see us. That's what identity ultimately is. It's not the same thing as your mood, although it can certainly make you very unhappy if the way you see yourself doesn't match up with the way others see you.
Yep, this is the part I don't get, so I'll just say props to you but I'm just confused XD.

Again, I don't accept that being feminine, or even having a demure and ladylike persona (which I don't think is quite the same thing) is the same as feeling happy, or sad, or any other emotion. I think in large part masculinity and femininity are aesthetics, it's about what you look like. It's also about the position you occupy in a gendered society, the dynamics of your relationships with other people, which are not always heterosexual dynamics between men and women.
Yeah that's why I said "or whatever it is you have in mind" cause I'm sure my romantic ideals are too old-fashioned for you. Though I think you can incorporate ANY look into one of masculinity or femininity, it's not like this one look is default feminine. I think you just choose to interpret it as such, but another person may feel the exact opposite. Like for example, I have long ass metal hair, but to me that is just cool and old school epic, not feminine at all. To someone else I can see how having hair like mine may be them trying to be more ladylike or something, but I just don't see it that way. So at the end of the day it still boils down to how you feel about the gendered nature of certain traits, and it's a deeply personal thing. Not something you can externalize to other people and expect them to, at a glance, grasp and respect. Like I had people ask me if my hair is some type of traditional native american thing, and I don't get offended, I'm like "no, it's native european!" and they seem confused, but it's literally true. XD

I am not a trans woman. There was a time in my life when I very much wanted to be a woman, but I am not that person and haven't been for decades. If I want to be feminine, it's not because I want to be a woman and it's certainly not because I want to live out your fantasies about demure straight women. I am literally none of those things, and I don't find them to be aspirational.
Oh boy, ok so I have to word this in a very precise way. I think you are an inherently very rational and thoughtful person, so you recognized reality. Other people I think fail to do what you did, and just focus on really really wanting to be what they're not instead of being introspective and figuring out how to be ok with what they truly are. I don't think that's something worth respecting, but I also don't know how to ascertain if that is truly the case or not.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Then the intelligent thing to do would be to talk less, listen more.
No you have to ask questions and to do that you have to put forward what you're thinking. You can't figure things out if you just listen because you will hear things that don't actually address the specific matter you're not clear on.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
No you have to ask questions and to do that you have to put forward what you're thinking. You can't figure things out if you just listen because you will hear things that don't actually address the specific matter you're not clear on.
Then try to ask non-stupid questions and make fewer assumptions. You're making a lot of assumptions.

Reactions: BrawlMan

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
One Vshojo member plays wizard game and gets pushback
Some people: "how dare people criticize that! Playing the game doesn't make you transphobic!"
Other Vshojo member raises money for trans charity while not playing wizard game
A disturbing number of the exact same people: "how dare that fucking [slur] support mutilating kids and pedophila, fucking [slur]"
Game's cancer