Hogwarts Legacy - Whimsical Wizardry

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
This sort of obsessive online rules lawyering is why a lot of LGBT+ folks are just going back to being queers. The cishets keep trying to break up the acronym and the younger queers are falling for it.
It's not rules lawyering, It's language lawyering.
Language has applicable meanings and if we're going to have those meanings keep changing on a whim and changing back then it truly is a path to madness and problems if the meanings of words can't even be reliably defined anymore.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Same difference from the same type of jackasses.
Oh look more insubstantial anger and as hominem pretending to be some kind of cogent response.

Keep trying maybe you'll actually be able to counter 1 point I make at some point with an actual argument rather than bluster of bile.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Oh look more insubstantial anger and as hominem pretending to be some kind of cogent response.

Keep trying maybe you'll actually be able to counter 1 point I make at some point with an actual argument rather than bluster of bile.
Good to know you like being wrong as always without actually admitting it and saying it. Keep working on it. I'm sure you'll do better next time.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Good to know you like being wrong as always without actually admitting it and saying it. Keep working on it. I'm sure you'll do better next time.
If I'm so wrong you'd be able to argue and prove it with actual points.
Instead you cast aspersions and throw insults.

It's an amazing show of illusory superiority on your part

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
If I'm so wrong you'd be able to argue and prove it with actual points.
Instead you cast aspersions and throw insults.

It's an amazing show of illusory superiority on your part
Said by the guy that likes to constantly goal post, use what about his own, and lacks the actual empathy to care for about anyone other than himself. The usual bullcrap from the likes of you.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Dude, don't give him what he wants. Put his ass on ignore and move on.
I do. But when somebody says something that ignorant and untrue, I will call them out. I have nothing left to say to him, because he's so not worth it at this point. Never was.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Same goes for Slytherin. Piece of shit house for piece of shit people. There's exactly one canon example and exception to the rule, and unlike real life he happens to be a liar and a coward who's directly responsible for the rise of the Slytherin equivalent of Hitler and would rather do nothing to oppose him later.

We've been down this rabbit hole.

If you got sorted into Slytherin in one of those online personality tests and this is why you're so defensive about it,
Got sorted into Gryffindor, actually.

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
Reordian twêgen nu [changes].

That's Old English for "language never changes". Ironically, it seems Old English actually didn't have a single word meaning "changes".

Reactions: Buyetyen

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
I got put into Ravenclaw. Why didn't you also get the bird one? HAWKi?
Well, for all you know, I could just be lion about it.

Edit: I was actually surprised as well - I'd actually say that in real life, I'm more of a Hufflepuff.

Reactions: CriticalGaming

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Said by the guy that likes to constantly goal post, use what about his own, and lacks the actual empathy to care for about anyone other than himself. The usual bullcrap from the likes of you.

The goal isn't moving, you're just licking the ball and saying it should count at this point.
You're now not even managing complete thoughts.
Are you done ranting and raving yet and showing you truly lack an understanding of empathy due to your highly egocentric nature?

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I do. But when somebody says something that ignorant and untrue, I will call them out. I have nothing left to say to him, because he's so not worth it at this point. Never was.
How is it ignorant and untrue for me to say I wouldn't want to emotionally blackmail people I consider friends into joining a boycott I supported?
Because that's what I said and you got so mad at.
I don't consider a boycott especially one this small and petty to be something I'd demand friends join in on and sacrifice something that potentially made them happy.

How the hell is that ignorant and untrue?
Because if that's your experience and position, I don't think those people round you are your friends.......

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Strange, then, that a lot of people are able to use people's preferred pronouns and it's not a problem. Even stranger, they don't have to go out of their way to cause problems for others who have preferred pronouns not the ones society gave them at birth either. Weird.
And there's one little word that can stop an accidental misgendering turning into a massive headache: "Sorry".

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012

We've been down this rabbit hole.
The hole of you not being able to provide more than one canon example of Slytherin not being a complete waste of oxygen, because they were written as a bunch of racist purists who're supposed to exemplify cunning and ambition yet all of them are uniformly portrayed as petty bullies or deranged followers?

Was actually surprised as well - I'd actually say that in real life, I'm more of a Hufflepuff.
Everybody is more of a Hufflepuff. Hufflepuff is the 'Other' option vs. three extremely limited and reductive personality traits. One of them being merely a douchebag.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
The hole of you not being able to provide more than one canon example of Slytherin not being a complete waste of oxygen, because they were written as a bunch of racist purists who're supposed to exemplify cunning and ambition yet all of them are uniformly portrayed as petty bullies or deranged followers?
No, more the fact that what you call canon is far smaller than what's actually canon, meaning that like I said back then, it's a waste of time to discuss it.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Reactions: Gyrobot