Funny events in anti-woke world

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
Fair point. It might be better to say that he admires Trump's cult of personality and wants one just like it.
I certainly think that he got a taste of fame through Tesla and SpaceX, and it's gone to his head (of course it did, he's highly narcissistic).

The nice thing is that we all self-sabotage to some degree, and people with outsize personality traits and disorders often self-sabotage particularly spectacularly. Trump, Kanye, enough said already. Musk has avoided the worst for a long time - there is stuff like that cave rescue and unwise tweets about Tesla stock, but the Twitter takeover is very much looking like his first, grand-scale, public implosion. I figure there will be more, and I've got a metaphorical bag of microwave popcorn waiting.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Maybe I shouldn't, but I gotta sass this
Perfecting that Adolf Hitler cosplay
Von Nukem, who was born as Teddy Landrum, told the outlet he changed his name in 2012 in a nod to his German heritage and the video-game character Duke Nukem.

Von Nukem was arrested on March 17, 2021 while entering the United States from Mexico. On his way into Arizona, Customs and Border Protection agents discovered 15 kilograms of fentanyl pills hidden behind the seats and floor compartment of his 2019 Nissan Pathfinder. According to law enforcement records, Von Nukem quickly admitted that he had been paid 4,000 Mexican pesos (around $215) to smuggle the pills into the country.
As a certain president once said: "they aren't sending their best"

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
The tragedy of the commons is quasi-mythical. It originated as a hypothetical idea to demonstrate the potential advantage of private ownership, but in reality there's no particular evidence it was (if you'll forgive the pun) common in reality. The reason for this is that the theory did not consider that in reality, and even in primitive societies, commons tended to be managed by the community.
You can find lots of instances that fit the "tragedy of the commons" idea. But you can also find more than enough instances where that didn't happen.

Generally healthy commons require a healthy community. And humans are actually pretty good at forming those. And there is not really much difference between "primitive" or "civilized" people in this matter.

However there is a huge difference in scale. Properly managed commons are rarer, the bigger the corresponding community is because people tend to identify more with smaller In-groups. Most drastic example would be climate politics where the humanity continually fails to properly manage its atmosphere.

Reactions: BrawlMan

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I hope nobody's surprised. Musk's main aim with buying Twitter was to make sure that he'd always get to say whatever he wants on there and get the adulation he "deserves".
As he keeps failing to learn, Musk ain't shit either on Twitter or outside of his little fan club. More people dislike him, hate his guts, or are indifferent to his insecure biatch ass.

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must

More than 20 of Jeffrey Epstein’s sex trafficking victims were paid through JPMorgan accounts, as the megabank’s former top executives privately discussed abuse allegations surrounding the late predator as far back as 2006, newly unsealed passages of a federal lawsuit reveal.

“These women were trafficked and abused during different intervals between at least 2003 and July 2019, when Epstein was arrested and jailed, and these women received payments, typically multiple payments, between 2003 and 2013 in excess of $1 million collectively,” one of those passages alleges. “Epstein also withdrew more than $775,000 in cash over that time frame from JP Morgan accounts, especially significant as Epstein was known to pay for “massages,” or sexual encounters, in cash.”

Those accusations, and others, were previously hidden under redactions when the Virgin Islands government filed its lawsuit accusing JP Morgan Chase of “complicity” in Epstein’s crimes.

JPMorgan has tried to dismiss the lawsuit, calling it a “meritless” reach into “deeper pockets” since the Virgin Islands’ more than $100 million settlement with Epstein’s estates.

On Wednesday afternoon, the Virgin Islands government unsealed more of their lawsuit signaling what they say their investigation uncovered. The less-redacted complaint states that JPMorgan not only knew about Epstein but also his fellow accused predator: French modeling scout Jean Luc Brunel, the owner of the MC2 Modeling Company.

“Financial information also reflects payments drawn from JP Morgan accounts of nearly $1.5 million to known recruiters, including to the MC2 modeling agency, and another $150,000 to a private investigative firm,” the lawsuit says.

As early as 2006, JPMorgan’s Global Corporate Security Division flagged “(s)everal newspaper articles . . . that detail the indictment of Jeffrey Epstein in Florida on felony charges of soliciting underage prostitutes.” Epstein later entered into a non-prosecution agreement allowing him to serve a light, widely criticized sentence, predating his federal sex trafficking prosecution.

Some four years later in an internal email, JPMorgan’s risk management division discussed fresh allegations against Epstein: “See below new allegations of an investigation related to child trafficking – are you still comfortable with this client who is now a registered sex offender.”

“In my short tenure working on the account these stories pop up including these from the summer,” a JPMorgan employee responded, according to the lawsuit.

The unsealed passages also discuss Epstein’s “close personal relationship” to JPMorgan’s then-senior executive Jes Staley, who later became CEO of Barclays and resigned amid scrutiny over his ties to Epstein.

“Between 2008 and 2012, Staley exchanged approximately 1,200 emails with Epstein from his JP Morgan email account,” the lawsuit alleges. “These communications show a close personal relationship and ‘profound’ friendship between the two men and even suggest that Staley may have been involved in Epstein’s sex-trafficking operation.”

The Virgin Islands claims that Staley apparently sent one of those emails from Epstein’s Little St. James — on Nov. 1, 2009, when Epstein was incarcerated in Florida.

“So when all hell breaks lo[o]se, and the world is crumbling, I will come here, and be at peace,” the email said, according to the lawsuit. “Presently, I’m in the hot tub with a glass of white wine. This is an amazing place. Truly amazing. Next time, we’re here together. I owe you much. And I deeply appreciate our friendship. I have few so profound.”

The Virgin Islands say that Staley followed up a month later with the message: “I realize the danger in sending this email. But it was great to be able, today, to give you, in New York City, a long heartfelt, hug.”

That December, Epstein allegedly sent Staley a photograph of a young woman, whose image is redacted from the lawsuit.

In 2021, reports emerged that the emails included mysterious messages about “Snow White.”

That exchange is quoted in the unredacted lawsuit.

In July 2010, Staley sent an email to Epstein, saying: “Maybe they’re tracking u? That was fun. Say hi to Snow White,” according to the lawsuit.

“[W]hat character would you like next?” Epstein is quoted responding.

Staley answered “Beauty and the Beast,” and Epstein replied: “well one side is available,” the lawsuit states.

Last edited:

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Oh hun no. The fuck you gonna do when you have to debate Trump for the Republican nomination and you have to suck his dick cuz your base is actually his base?

Also this. Trump: "Isn't your real name Nimrata Nikki Randhawa Haley?"
Well...say he's a loser who didn't fulfill his promises, say he's part of the elite and that you'll magically do better? The first parts are even true.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Those two teens knew exactly who she was.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Well...say he's a loser who didn't fulfill his promises, say he's part of the elite and that you'll magically do better? The first parts are even true.
We both know his base doesn't care about any of that so long as he promises to hurt the right people.
Does Trump really want to play the "your name sounds foreign and therefore you can't be trusted" card? I mean, his ancestral family name was "Drumpf".
Why not? That a German name. Can't get more aryan than German.