Funny Events of the "Woke" world

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Ah yes, the few examples. Just like that one twitter message that said a thing and so the entire left/LGBTQ+ said it.

You probably shouldn't search for stories about sex offenders within conservative groups then. Probably stay away from the Catholic church all together, eh.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom

So, yet again, just allegations from people who're dead hostile to teachers even talking about these topics, in the midst of lawsuits.

Because at present that will be the systems understanding of such things.
You're literally the only person in this entire discussion to attribute diagnoses and drugs to nonbinary people. You just pulled it out of your ass.

It's Reductio ad absurdum with a touch of allegorical application actually. So you finding my claims of magical power to be absurd showcases the issue even if you will never admit it when looking back at the actual thing in question. If we're arguing feelings are reality then why would a person feeling they have magical powers be any less valid or less requiring of validation? The simple answer being one is politically popular and people think it's them being good while the other isn't.
We're not arguing "feelings are reality". Gender is literally already about identity and the sense of self.

You're doing exactly the same thing as those utter clowns who argued that if we accept gay people we must therefore accept bestiality. Fallacious, false equivalence bullshit, the flimsiest kind of argument.

Also to horrifyingly torpedo your second point..........There's actually groups online who use I think it's a weird Z symbol in their twitter name to signify themselves as Zoophile or something like that and some of them very much have been pushing for acceptance.
Sorry, how does this torpedo anything?

Do you believe zoophile people delegitimise gay people? Is that the bullshit you're now going to try to peddle? Sheer, classic homophobia?

Oh....... you didn't get the point did you?

Does some-one self identifying as an EMO mean they have clinical depression?
It's difficult to follow what-the-fuck your point is, because you're seemingly incapable of arguing on the merits of the topic itself, instead just constantly making specious comparisons to other shit. Emo is a subculture, which isn't equivalent to depression.

People who actually report depression should be provided with support.

People who call themselves emo, but aren't depressed, aren't asking for support for depression.

And somehow from this, you've concluded that... people should be disbelieved about their own sense of identity? When even your own analogy doesn't show that? As I say, it's difficult to follow, because the points of comparison are so fucking weak and idiotic.

Last edited:

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Ah yes, the few examples. Just like that one twitter message that said a thing and so the entire left/LGBTQ+ said it.

You probably shouldn't search for stories about sex offenders within conservative groups then. Probably stay away from the Catholic church all together, eh.
If you'd been paying attention I'd already made an off colour joke about the priesthood myself earlier in this discussion so nice try but no cigar there.

Also like it or not that issue has been acknowledged and work being done to try and fix that shit rather than saying it's all the fault of the evil sinners blowing it all out o proportion to hurt the poor church.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
You're doing exactly the same thing as those utter clowns who argued that if we accept gay people we must therefore accept bestiality.
I would like to, once again, point out that legally recognising gay marriage in Australia has not led to anyone marrying a bridge unlike what we were promised would happen by some of its opponents.

My disappointment is real.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
So, yet again, just allegations from people who're dead hostile to teachers even talking about these topics, in the midst of lawsuits.
Did you read the first article because even in the interview the parents of the first one were talking about very much not being against the teacher teaching said topics.......

You're literally the only person in this entire discussion to attribute diagnoses and drugs to nonbinary people. You just pulled it out of your ass.
Actually I attributed it to Trans people.
Might want to try bothering to read what I actually say.
Also you can transition using hormones and be non binary so not sure why you think this is some gotcha.

We're not arguing "feelings are reality". Gender is literally already about identity and the sense of self.
We used to call those personalities / personality traits and styles lol.

I don't see how we need depressogender because some-one feels depressed or similar such stuff.

The grand hilarity is just how many of the many genders are defined by the supposed binary they're supposedly outside of. E.G.

" Gyaragirl/Gyarafeminine: having multiple genders, none of which are understood, that have feminine qualities. This is a type of gendervex or gyaragender. "

or

"Femgender: a nonbinary gender which is feminine in nature"

Why not just say girl? it literally would therefore encompass all that in one without the need to then section off elements now deemed feminine to each be their own gender. I mean what is there female walk gender? Female eyebrow gender? Titsgender?

You're doing exactly the same thing as those utter clowns who argued that if we accept gay people we must therefore accept bestiality. Fallacious, false equivalence bullshit, the flimsiest kind of argument.
Ok lets play out this argument because it's interesting to me.

I don't think we should accept bestiality but lets play it out and could argue for such but I want to see this argument play out.

Why is it you draw the line at people loving their animals?

Sorry, how does this torpedo anything?

Do you believe zoophile people delegitimise gay people? Is that the bullshit you're now going to try to peddle? Sheer, classic homophobia?
No I do believe they're making many of the same arguments and it's funny to see you still refuse to admit we all draw our own lines.

It's difficult to follow what-the-fuck your point is, because you're seemingly incapable of arguing on the merits of the topic itself, instead just constantly making specious comparisons to other shit. Emo is a subculture, which isn't equivalent to depression.

People who actually report depression should be provided with support.

People who call themselves emo, but aren't depressed, aren't asking for support for depression.

And somehow from this, you've concluded that... people should be disbelieved about their own sense of identity? When even your own analogy doesn't show that? As I say, it's difficult to follow, because the points of comparison are so fucking weak and idiotic.
Except I was arguing based on the merits of the topic by using examples of other things to show the error in the present arguments.

EMO is a self identity that people can choose to adopt that is short for "Emotional" and traditionally is meant as a show of being tormented and listening to music many of which is about depression etc. So merely identifying with said identity therefore would mean identifying with depression thus should action not be taken?

My example just showed up the hypocritical nature of acceptance of peoples claims. Because if we are to truly accept people's identity fully it means you must accept EMOs are people with clinical depression. Or you have to accept self identification in such a way doesn't make something true and we don't have to entertain it.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
I would like to, once again, point out that legally recognising gay marriage in Australia has not led to anyone marrying a bridge unlike what we were promised would happen by some of its opponents.

Wasn't there a woman in the UK who married a ghost not too long ago?

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010

Yeah, is annoying how people can make absurd predictions which are quietly forgotten when they don't turn out to be the case.

Though, is that more or less absurd than claiming not to care about gay marriage anymore, because someone gets torn apart by a crocodile every week?

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Did you read the first article because even in the interview the parents of the first one were talking about very much not being against the teacher teaching said topics.......
Yes, people involved in ongoing suits tend to describe their motivations quite positively.

Actually I attributed it to Trans people.
Might want to try bothering to read what I actually say.
Also you can transition using hormones and be non binary so not sure why you think this is some gotcha.
That's odd, I could've sworn you were the one whining about the NB character in Ridley Jones, before then whining about drugs and diagnoses. Guess that was someone else!

We used to call those personalities / personality traits and styles lol.[/quote

I don't see how we need depressogender because some-one feels depressed or similar such stuff.
We don't. Again, you're the only person here equating emo, depression, and nonbinary, even though they're obviously different things.

You're the only one doing it, and then instantly whining that other people are doing it. OK. Sounds like you just want to throw shit.

The rest is just "hurr attack helicopter" lazy drivel so I cut it.

Ok lets play out this argument because it's interesting to me.

I don't think we should accept bestiality but lets play it out and could argue for such but I want to see this argument play out.

Why is it you draw the line at people loving their animals?
Because animals cannot meaningfully consent.

Are you comfortable using the same "slippery slope" nonsense that opponents of mixed-race marriage and same-sex marriage used?

No I do believe they're making many of the same arguments and it's funny to see you still refuse to admit we all draw our own lines.
....? Literally never denied we all draw our own lines.

Some of those lines make rational and moral sense. IE the ability to consent.

Except I was arguing based on the merits of the topic by using examples of other things to show the error in the present arguments.
Identical argument to those who screamed about mixed race marriage and same sex marriage by comparing it to bestiality. Exactly the same logic: "oh you support X so you must also support Y".

We got over this flimsy excuse for prejudice decades ago.

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
I'm still trying to figure out if DwarvenHobble thinks I exist. After all, non-binary is not a thing, and while I'm still discovering myself (fun fact: there is a stage of "questioning" these things. I don't think anyone wakes up one morning and goes "Holy shit, I'm transgender!"), it's starting to become increasingly clear that in my mind, neither "male" nor "female" fully seem to register. "Male" fits me more than "female", but it fits in the same way that "bisexual" fit before I discovered the term "pansexual": not exactly inaccurate, but feeling like there is some part that's just not quite clicking into place, or missing entirely from the definition.

Oh, wait, that's all "feeling", stuff going on in my head. No science to back it up, so it isn't real. *poof*

ETA: Just to make the point of this post a bit clearer, I'm just going to ask DwarvenHobble one question. If you don't answer, it's fine, and I don't really want to argue, so while I might reply to your answer, I can't guarantee even that, let alone a back-and-forth debate. The question is this: Have you ever actually met someone who identifies as transgender or non-binary, or anyone who is related to someone who does? Or is all your information about those groups based on what you read in the media?

Last edited:

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Yes, people involved in ongoing suits tend to describe their motivations quite positively.
It's to what many here would probably claim is a right wing publication lol

That's odd, I could've sworn you were the one whining about the NB character in Ridley Jones, before then whining about drugs and diagnoses. Guess that was someone else!
Because that's how the system will react............ I already explained this.

We don't. Again, you're the only person here equating emo, depression, and nonbinary, even though they're obviously different things.

You're the only one doing it, and then instantly whining that other people are doing it. OK. Sounds like you just want to throw shit.

The rest is just "hurr attack helicopter" lazy drivel so I cut it.
Because you're asking for people to react based on a self applied label.

Both are self applied labels at tis point.

Why is one not worthy of fully accepting as true but the other totally so?

Because animals cannot meaningfully consent.

Are you comfortable using the same "slippery slope" nonsense that opponents of mixed-race marriage and same-sex marriage used?
Dolphins.

....? Literally never denied we all draw our own lines.

Some of those lines make rational and moral sense. IE the ability to consent.
Dolphins.

Identical argument to those who screamed about mixed race marriage and same sex marriage by comparing it to bestiality. Exactly the same logic: "oh you support X so you must also support Y".

We got over this flimsy excuse for prejudice decades ago.
An what if you're wrong about this just as generations past were wrong?

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
The question is this: Have you ever actually met someone who identifies as transgender or non-binary, or anyone who is related to someone who does? Or is all your information about those groups based on what you read in the media?
YES.

That's where my point about "tick box" culture came from because that was one of the points they brought up lol

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States

I know a lovely little bridge in New York that is just looking for the perfect man.

(Why yes, I do run a mail-order-bridge-bride service, why do you ask?)

Reactions: RhombusHatesYou

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
It's to what many here would probably claim is a right wing publication lol
? I'm talking about the people involved in the suits.

Because that's how the system will react............ I already explained this.
You assume. Based on nothing. And it's never happened.

Paranoid delusion.

Because you're asking for people to react based on a self applied label.

Both are self applied labels at tis point.

Why is one not worthy of fully accepting as true but the other totally so?
Because people know their own identity and sense of self better than random, obviously-prejudiced online nobodies who've never met them.

To turn the question around: "man and woman are just labels for genders. Why are they worthy of acceptance and others totally aren't?"

Dolphins.
So you do indeed believe bestiality is equivalent to mixed-race and same-sex marriage. Glad we got that sorted out.

How odd that you were complaining about zoophiles earlier, and now you're the one insisting it's the same. Every accusation is an admission, as they say.

An what if you're wrong about this just as generations past were wrong?
You're now at the stage of arguing "what if past generations were wrong for accepting mixed race relationships and same sex relationships", then? That's really what you want to go with?

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
? I'm talking about the people involved in the suits.
Yes and I'm talking about the website said interview was conducted by, the one it's increasingly becoming clear you didn't look at or read lol

You assume. Based on nothing. And it's never happened.

Paranoid delusion.
ROFL

It's a little thing called precedent.

You really think trying to get the system to accept 137+ different genders will break it? Oh please it will adapt in the most uncaring rubber stamping way possible, and charge you for it lol. "Oh you want to change your Gender again on these documents? $50 admin fee there mxum, no your gender changing seasonal doesn't count as a medical issue so you can't claim it's disability discrimination we have to charge this for everyone sorry"

Because people know their own identity and sense of self better than random, obviously-prejudiced online nobodies who've never met them.

To turn the question around: "man and woman are just labels for genders. Why are they worthy of acceptance and others totally aren't?"
Then why should we not accept and automatically believe all emos are suicidally depressed?

You said people know their self better than some random right? They have chosen to identify themselves as Emos right?.

The answer your question they're gender identities derived from the sexes be that on a neurological, genetic or phenotypical way. They can be identified, they can be defined as what they are. Most of the 137+ non-binary genders have no such ways to define them other than how a person feel and most have no obvious associated indicators to identify them or signifiers.

So you do indeed believe bestiality is equivalent to mixed-race and same-sex marriage. Glad we got that sorted out.
No.
Unless you are calling the a beast due to my heritage.

To clarify (as you either intentionally or unintentionally didn't get the point). Time moves forward who is to say you and I may not be entirely wrong on this issue too? That future generations will look back and think how backwards and primitive we are?

Also you'd better watch this damn clip it took me a whole 5 minutes to track it down just for this occasion

How odd that you were complaining about zoophiles earlier, and now you're the one insisting it's the same. Every accusation is an admission, as they say.
No you're just making a logical leap there to try and score cheap points rather than addressing my argument.

You're now at the stage of arguing "what if past generations were wrong for accepting mixed race relationships and same sex relationships", then? That's really what you want to go with?
No I'm not. I'm posing the question to you.
What if you and I are wrong?
I know my reasons and they consist of much more than what you brought up but what if your point is proved wrong?

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
More from Woke world.

Reporters rush to show how stupid Trump supporters are, more reporters end up turning up than actual protestors lol

The total protest apparently 1 dude 1 sign and a rat suit