Funny Events of the "Woke" world

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
He also said implied he had his time planned out.
Yes, he said he had his time planned out "to the second", and yet didn't cite a single specific plan. Funny that!

Some people can't do that all the time and do have to schedule that stuff.

To give an actual example I got to hilariously hear both sides of.

I was waiting for a bus and at the bus stop a 20 something year old girl was on about how awful her kids father was how he was refusing to have his son for the weekend and how he was being so mean stopping her going out.

I got onto the bus and there was a 20 something dude on there with his friend going. "I can't believe her, she called up yesterday and asked if I could have my son for the weekend as she wanted to go out with friends, I love the little guy and have happily had him every weekend for years, I told her this weekend I was catching up with you and everyone else and I had tickets to the match , I told her this months ago and I've got the tickets for the match she knew this one weekend she'd have to look after him and she's now taking it out on me because less than a week ago she decided this weekend she wanted to go out with her friends when she could have gone out with them any other weekend.".
Yes, I'm absolutely certain this happened for real, in real life.

Generally you try to plan schedules to work round one another. You don't just get upset you don't immediately get your own way all the time.
You also don't generally fly off the handle if someone wants to borrow the car for a short while.

OK then what were the complaints against him that were so very serious from his colleagues again?
The detailed account by his colleagues has already been provided before.

Except he was fine with her going and suggested she take an Uber not the car which seemingly caused her to become more upset because um....... I don't know she has a chronic phobia of Ubers?
She was kinda visibly upset by his intensely hostile attitude and derogatory language, which you seem entirely incapable of recognising. Which is what makes me concerned for the women you know in your life.

And yeah, it's moronic and degrading to expect someone to take a series of expensive cabs when your own family car is right there and available.

Both parts,

HIS

AND

HERS.

So yes I did fucking say it.
Uh-huh, you used those words... after rewriting the scenario to be a completely unrecognisable one in which the woman is evil and manipulative and the man is off the hook. Empty words don't mean shit when they're clearly at odds with the rest of your approach.

Seriously: do you genuinely think that if the roles here were switched, that it would have gone down similarly? If he had wanted to use the car, without scheduling it with her well in advance, do you think she would have 1) refused, and 2) exploded into unprovoked aggression?

It's extremely obvious that this isn't a two-way street. That shines through from every hostile, half-spat recrimination he throws out. And, of course, if the roles were reversed, you'd still be fully on board with the man and you'd be fully against the woman.

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
Conjecture we have no substantive evidence for either way. Also unless it's good at permeating things gloves would likely be sufficient to handle the stuff.
Why is she expected to do it and not him? He's not the one carrying twins, for Christ's sake.

No, But I'm not the one who employed the logic that it was good in Fallout Shelter you can have pregnant women work the nuclear power plant. The person I cited as some-one presenting what should be the modern standard of equality was lol.
So you don't have a point to make and are just grinding an axe against someone who disagreed with you about a video game.

Not controlling as such but trying to influence as that's where she jumped to.
Do you really not consider that as a victim of verbal and emotional abuse, that is the only way she can defend herself?

The at she jumped to that when not getting her own way.
There is only one person in that video acting like a child over not getting their own way and it isn't the woman carrying children.

Yes, there are no perfect victims. As Depp's trial showed and his imperfect moments were used against him quite publicly by Heard and her team.
Frankly, every word you've written only proves to me that you don't know a victim of abuse when you see one and are more likely to make excuses for the abuser.

Because he was going to do it, along with the other things.
Where does he say that? He's more upset over not going to the gym (which isn't the same thing as school or work).

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
Emotional abuse
Does your partner or someone you live with ever:

• deny that abuse is happening, or downplay it?
Isn't this a catch-22? Either you admit a relationship is abusive or you deny it , which demonstrates that it is?

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
Isn't this a catch-22? Either you admit a relationship is abusive or you deny it , which demonstrates that it is?
In that context, abuse would more mean definable instances of abuse, e.g. specific insults or blows.

After all, people in relationships hurt each other sometimes. If they have pulled up their adult pants, they'll take responsibility and apologise for it properly later. Not taking responsibility is, you surely agree, a very bad sign.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
No, he's not. That's why its infuriating to read.
I mean, there was a bullet point on faulting someone

Crowder blames Hillary for 4 or 5 things but Hillary faults him once so... that means, to DH, that she wins the point

How can anyone not see that as a joke?

(Yes, I know DH is likely not joking but there will be a LOL later pretending they said none of this so they can blame us for being mean. That's how this always works.)

Reactions: Ag3ma

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
(Yes, I know DH is likely not joking but there will be a LOL later pretending they said none of this so they can blame us for being mean. That's how this always works.)
Bonus points for accusing other forumites of "gaslighting" for reminding him that he said things he said.

Reactions: Ag3ma

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Nope, same procedure, I really don't get how you don't understand this unless you're just a troll.
The procedure involved asking people to self-evaluate.

How did they replicate that with randomly generated numbers?

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
For something to be a HUMAN bias, it has to be a HUMAN bias...
It does indeed. Something which cannot be tested for in random numbers. Because you cannot ask those random numbers to self-evaluate.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, message received, just trolling then.
No. The procedure involved in the original study undeniably involves self-evaluation. That's core to the entire study. That is literally impossible to do with subjects that are incapable of self evaluation, such as numbers.

In response to this being pointed out, the only thing you've done is endlessly repeat and insist it was the same procedure. Absolutely zero explanation for how to square that circle.

So no, you don't get to just say "oh well I'm right, bye". Either explain how random numbers could self-evaluate, or admit the procedure was not the same. Those are your only two intellectually honest options.

Reactions: BrawlMan