Playstation showcase 5/24/23

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I'm making a thread for this because this is supposed to be quite a large event over an hour long and filled with new games, and updates to previously announced games. I expect a lot of release date info and perhaps new trailers. Feel free to discuss your hopes and what you want to see in this showcase and of course live updates and reactions to announcements as they happen.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Probably not a big release, but I hope they port ghost of tsushima to PC.

Maybe a god of war DLC? The game printed money and it was kinda weird they never tried to do anymore with 4 post release.

Not that I care, but maybe LoU3, the show just came out and was well received, so they might try and capitalize on this. Wonder how miserable they'll make it this time.

Now that they might lose COD, I still think they'll try and make their own FPS, with blackjack and hooker.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Maybe a god of war DLC? The game printed money and it was kinda weird they never tried to do anymore with 4 post release.
Santa Monica stated that they're not doing any additional dlc. What you see, is what you get in the main game. They did the New Game Plus update a few months ago, and added some additional reward items.

Reactions: meiam

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Not that I care, but maybe LoU3, the show just came out and was well received, so they might try and capitalize on this. Wonder how miserable they'll make it this time.
ND already stated they their next project is so new fantasy game. So I don't think that's on the table yet.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Expecting a new Spiderman trailer, because it's been a sweet while.

That's a strange way to describe Crash Bandicoot.
Naughty dog pointed out it's going to be all humans for their fantasy game. It's going to have the realistic art style similar to Last of Us.

Reactions: gorfias

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
ND already stated they their next project is so new fantasy game. So I don't think that's on the table yet.
Thats kinda strange, you'd think they'd coordinate with the TV show to try and have simultaneous release of S2 and TLoU3.

Studio won't bat an eyelash at spending literally hundreads of millions of dollars on advertising and then just ignore free publicity...

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Maybe a Dead Rising 2: Off the Record style alternate take on the sequel where we play as Joel (with a golfing mini game!). Or patch in a Far Cry style early ending that allows you to just stay home, knowing revenge is pointless without having to mass murder your way to that chestnut.

In all seriousness I don't know where you go with a third game. Feels like we're done with every character, and without any of them it's just another zombie post-apocalypse IP.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
In all seriousness I don't know where you go with a third game. Feels like we're done with every character, and without any of them it's just another zombie post-apocalypse IP.
That's what I though after the first one but here we are. It'll turn out that the 4th non name henchman in the game actually has a brother’s nephew’s cousin’s former roommate that really want to take revenge on the giraffe.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Thats kinda strange, you'd think they'd coordinate with the TV show to try and have simultaneous release of S2 and TLoU3.

Studio won't bat an eyelash at spending literally hundreads of millions of dollars on advertising and then just ignore free publicity...
The second season is on hold due to the writers strike, and trying to have both it and a potential third game line up release wise would be madness. ND is working on the stand-alone factions TLoU game though, and it's rumored it'll be in this showcase. Though if it is a games-as-service... that would be a bigger blunder than TLoU2 ever was.
Or patch in a Far Cry style early ending that allows you to just stay home, knowing revenge is pointless without having to mass murder your way to that chestnut.
endgame-avengers.gif

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
That's what I though after the first one but here we are. It'll turn out that the 4th non name henchman in the game actually has a brother’s nephew’s cousin’s former roommate that really want to take revenge on the giraffe.
TLoU3: Tommy goes after Abbie, wanting revenge for Joel. Ellie, having learned revenge is bad in the previous game, races to stop him, but she's too late. Tommy kills Abbie. Ellie leaves him, disappointed.

TLoU4: Lev goes after Tommy, wanting revenge for Abbie. Ellie, having learned revenge is bad in the previous two games, races to stop him, but she's too late. Lev kills Tommy. Frustrated, Ellie swears revenge.

TLoU5: Ellie goes after Lev, wanting revenge for Tommy. Dina, knowing revenge is bad all along, races to stop her, but she's too late. Ellie kills Lev. Dina leaves her again, disappointed.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
The elephants in the room are all remakes/remasters. An MGS Remake of some kind, Silent Hill 2 Remake, Bloodborne remaster, etc. Not that I’d be displeased though.

Reactions: gorfias

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Hmm, hoping for something from Sucker Punch (GoT 2? or new Infamous?), maybe a teaser from Team Ico? I have a gut feeling we'll see more of FF16 and FF7 Rebirth.

As much as I don't want it, I feel like Naughty Dogs will have something, most likely TLOU multiplayer. I swear to god if it's another live-service....

Or perhaps something from Komani, Capcom, or Bandai?