Funny events in anti-woke world

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
The reaction to the new Fable game would be a case of a funny event in anti woke world. I didn't think there was much controversial to see but apparently far righters got a panic attack regarding the main character. They're convinced that wokeness has infiltrated fable and they went out of their way to make the new main character hidieous. This despite the main character....not being ugly. She's quite cute actually but then you get some alt right youtuber frothing at the mouth and going on a long rand about how woke devs ''just can't help themselves putting ideological messages in their games''

I mean....I guess the main character is a little plain but hardly some hideous troll. In fact she's more plan in a sort of cute outdoors kind of gall sort of way.
It's all based on her pulling a very awkward face in the trailer. Which is funny because it's Richard Ayoade describing a typical hero over her doing things that are the exact opposite of what he's saying. Because it's a Fable game which have always been tongue in cheek.

My main concern, which if I cared I could easily find out, is Molyneux just better not be involved.

Reactions: BrawlMan

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
My main concern, which if I cared I could easily find out, is Molyneux just better not be involved.
Ah nah he's found some baffling success in a crypto NFT """""game"""""now as far as I was last aware. Would find the link to it, but providing further exposure to that scam is against the holy scriptures of human decency.

- Ok, after a quick double check, it seems the company he partnered with for it is dodgy as fuck: pure international crypto/nft grifters with little to no oversight and a whole lot of paid fawning promotions in place of a single shred of transparency. Might as well include a snapshot of the reviews on trustpilot for a quick laugh;

Screenshot_20230619-180754.png

Last edited:

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
It's all based on her pulling a very awkward face in the trailer. Which is funny because it's Richard Ayoade describing a typical hero over her doing things that are the exact opposite of what he's saying. Because it's a Fable game which have always been tongue in cheek.

Also, the uncanny valley exists.

The more realistic and realistically proportioned faces in games become, the more it's going to stand out when animations or expressions are slightly wonky. And there will always be some wonk here and there no matter what. Everyone knows this is a thing, yet the usual crowd sees it as a targeted attack on them. Everyone knew Mass Effect Andromeda was an unfinished pile of crap, but no, the women were totally made ugly on purpose.

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
Ah nah he's found some baffling success in a crypto NFT """""game"""""now as far as I was last aware. Would find the link to it, but providing further exposure to that scam is against the holy scriptures of human decency.

- Ok, after a quick double check, it seems the company he partnered with for it is dodgy as fuck: pure international crypto/nft grifters with little to no oversight and a whole lot of paid fawning promotions in place of a single shred of transparency. Might as well include a snapshot of the reviews on trustpilot for a quick laugh;

View attachment 9046
So confirming what many of us said in the 2000's then. No he is not an over-enthusiastic hype man. He is a lying scumbag grifter who wants to lie to you and take your money.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
What do you think they should've done?
I was referring to the Arab Nations. I'm not calling movie studio pussies in this specific case. And what those Arab Nations should have done is to shut the fuck up and watch a kick-ass movie. For Spider-Man fans in those nations that still want to watch the movie, pirate away! You literally have no choice!

Last edited:

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
Why why but why how no wait.

Why... are survivalist currents ALSO so often in denial of climate change or pandemics ? They are expecting a collapse, but not THAT collapse ?

They really think like... if there is a Big Catastrophic Event, then of course the big bad states and the big bad lefties (same thing because governments are all so progressive) and the big bad scientists will be the last ones aware of it ? Or the ones concealint it for reasons ? Therefore if those point out a problem, it has to be fake ?

Fringes are so fringe for fringe's sake. I swear. If governments and medias announce some day that Aliens exist and have landed on Earth, UFO nerds will all be "hah, that's what THEY want you to think !!!".

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I know right? Self-isolating should have been right up their alley, hoarding food in their bunkers and all.

They could have spent years telling people how they were right and the governments not doing enough to save people, and people wouldn't be able to really argue with that. Got gas masks and ready to die for their country, but not stay at home or wear a mask outdoors.

OTOH, preppers and the like spend a lot of time arguing amongst themselves, maybe there's lots of less weird ones you don't hear about. Maybe they are still hiding in their bunkers?

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
So confirming what many of us said in the 2000's then. No he is not an over-enthusiastic hype man. He is a lying scumbag grifter who wants to lie to you and take your money.
I worded that last post poorly, the snapshot of reviews were for the company he partnered with, not his mysteriously successful NFT game, sorry! Was still avoiding any reference to the actual product name. Nonetheless, it is no doubt any less of a scam, or some money laundering scheme they approached him with a big bag of cash to develop, holding hopes of a vague awareness of his name to bank off. Am on full speculation mode with this, of course, but there's no fucking game there, only money flowing through money. At least black and white and fable and all the rest were playable, reviewable games, with likely too much credit syphoned up and appropriated by one person for the team's hard work.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Oh man, publicans gonna have a field day with this one.
Still won't change the scumbags they are, so those hypocritical twats can have a field day all they want and do a blood orgy with each other for all I care.

Well Hunter isn't the only one in trouble.

Enjoy being butt buddies with the other prisoners, ass wipes!

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
While anecdotal (personal experience and Reddit threads), I find people are quick to resort to believing very optimistic things about social relationships ("just be yourself" or "get better friends", for example) and that can leave somebody jaded if it doesn't work out at all.
To be fair, I think that's symptomatic of the problem of asking for advice about such things. Social relationships are so deeply individual and personal that it's often very difficult to give any kind of meaningful or useful advice on how to navigate them. Often, it's not going to work out anyway, and there's probably no magic thing anyone could have told you that would have helped. Part of learning those social skills boys tend to lag behind on is just trying and failing until you start to fail less.

When people say "just be yourself", though, I think that's often mistaken for a passive statement. There's a difference between just passively present as the person you are and being actively authentic. The latter is harder, it requires a bit more self-awareness and it feels more vulnerable. But yeah, that's kind of the point I'm making. Sociability isn't easy to learn, it requires a willingness to fail.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Why why but why how no wait.

Why... are survivalist currents ALSO so often in denial of climate change or pandemics ? They are expecting a collapse, but not THAT collapse ?

They really think like... if there is a Big Catastrophic Event, then of course the big bad states and the big bad lefties (same thing because governments are all so progressive) and the big bad scientists will be the last ones aware of it ? Or the ones concealint it for reasons ? Therefore if those point out a problem, it has to be fake ?

Fringes are so fringe for fringe's sake. I swear. If governments and medias announce some day that Aliens exist and have landed on Earth, UFO nerds will all be "hah, that's what THEY want you to think !!!".
I mean, a lot of these "preppers" that buy the plastic buckets worth of food are the kind of people that load up on bullets instead of can openers. A story a could years ago that came out of the Texas freeze involved a guy who only had an electric can opener and thought, for some reason, that his cooking gas wouldn't also go out.

Like, there are actual preppers out there I'm sure, but most of them just get off on eating commercial MREs