General Gaming News.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
Maybe if the main event was to wheel Bobby Kotick out in stocks and every attendee is supplied water balloons full of urine and paint dye.

Otherwise? They're fucking dreaming.
I'm thinking besides the AB white knights/shills, most of the attendees are in fact the AB employees in disguise. Execs pay for the tickets and all, but they have to be the hype crowd. Fake positive and hype emotions or they are fired

Reactions: Dalisclock

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

JFC, $200M each? And both were met with rather lukewarm reception? (Understatement for TLOU2)

And no value of interest was lost. Good riddance

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
JFC, $200M each? And both were met with rather lukewarm reception? (Understatement for TLOU2)
Yeah, Sony can afford charging games at $60, if they're costing that much for production on these games. Once again proving that the $70 price hike is bull crap. Despite lukewarm reception, both games sold well anyway. Though I highly doubt you're going to find most people play Last of Us Part 2 multiple times nor for a second time.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

TLoU2 sold 10 mil copies and HFW sold 8.4 mil. Obviously not all sold at full price, but both no doubt made a profit.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

They made their money back they don't care.

That's really what matters and what people have to consider. Hollywood movie budgets have been at this level for a long time and they usually make 3X in return. Well they used to, not so much anymore lately but that's a different problem and it's a problem the video game industry doesn't have quite yet.

Budgets are crazy, but the money coming it is also crazy. And video games are bigger than anything else except professional sports in terms of entertainment revenue now.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
...glances at BrawlMan's location indicator...

Anything you were planning on seeing?
I just found about this driving on the way home. I saw an interesting article about something going on in my hometown, so I decided to share the news! The only thing I am seeing right now is the Mexican food my table.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bedinsis

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

Was anyone actually anticipating a sequel to this?

I don't think anyone was.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

This is being developed by same guys who are doing Skull and Bones. Interesting. Perhaps It’s a back up plan in case SnB goes sour?

I do hope they improve upon the original, and improvements only.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
If Sega ain't gonna do a Space Harrier III, then someone has to do it. This will hold me over until Panzer Dragoon Zwei Remake. We need more 3rd person rail shooter any way.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Another long sting of lay-offs.

No thank you and fuck you.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines

This is being developed by same guys who are doing Skull and Bones. Interesting. Perhaps It’s a back up plan in case SnB goes sour?

I do hope they improve upon the original, and improvements only.
If this is true, that is pretty fucking funny. Hopefully the remake is less about making them more like the recent games.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
If this is true, that is pretty fucking funny. Hopefully the remake is less about making them more like the recent games.
I honestly don't even care. I wish the team best of luck, but I have so much apathy for the series that nothing impresses me.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I can see where Sam is coming from, but sometimes it's best not to wait that long. I'm just happy they're finally releasing the game this year.

This isn't a bad thing, but my main issue was the driving sections. Hopefully, they've axed those.