Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Nobody:

Literally nobody:

Limited Run Games: Zelda CDi successor.

They even have the voice actors for Link and Zelda from the CDi games doing voice work.
A spiritual successor to the CDi games......

I did not see that coming.

I have no interests, but it's clear the people behind this know what they're doing. They want that meme money too.

Speaking of CD based games from the 5th generation of consoles.

ExoPrimal Launch Trailer

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Cancelled GBA Shantae game is being finished and released

EDIT: neat, physical GBA release.
EDIT2: bollocks, it's Limited Run Games

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Cancelled GBA Shantae game is being finished and released

EDIT: neat, physical GBA release.
EDIT2: bollocks, it's Limited Run Games
As much as I hate LRG, at least WayForward and other developers are making sure these classics don't get lost to time, nor stay stuck on the consoles they started and ended on. Here's what you do: wait a few months to a year, and eventually, these "Limited Runs" will be sold at a Best Buy, Wal-Mart, or sometimes a Target at a cheaper price. More so the first two.

Last edited:
Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
As much as I hate LRG, at least WayForward and other developers are making sure these classics don't lost to time, nor stay stuck on the consoles they started and ended at. Here's what you do: wait a few months to a year, and eventually, these "Limited Runs" will be sold at a Best Buy, Wal-Mart, or sometimes a Target. More so the first two.
My issue with LRG is more one of cost, since buying from them means importing for me. Assuming $40, which this will likely be, so after international shipping, taxes, import fees and any additional tarifs (thanks Trump) that basically doubles. The other option is waiting for it to show up on the local secondhand market, and not be price gouged. Neither of which are very reliable. Tho ironically sometimes price gouged secondhand is still cheaper for me than buying from LRG.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
My issue with LRG is more one of cost, since buying from them means importing for me. Assuming $40, which this will likely be, so after international shipping, taxes, import fees and any additional tarifs (thanks Trump) that basically doubles. The other option is waiting for it to show up on the local secondhand market, and not be price gouged. Neither of which are very reliable. Tho ironically sometimes price gouged secondhand is still cheaper for me than buying from LRG.
Right. Because LRG don't have a UK, Australian or European division, so the import prices are even higher. With all the money LRG makes, but they can more than afford regional divisions.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
PC specs for Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart have been revealed

Surprisingly, no SSD required for minimum specs (recommended tho). As for the rest, it's more or less in line with expectations. Now all that's left is wait and see how badly it'll stutter. Then again, it's being ported by Nixxes, so it may not suck.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I wouldn't exactly called saving E3. In LRG'S case, it's more like under New Management.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

Surprisingly, no SSD required for minimum specs (recommended tho). As for the rest, it's more or less in line with expectations. Now all that's left is wait and see how badly it'll stutter. Then again, it's being ported by Nixxes, so it may not suck.
Those are pretty reasonable across the board. Also lets be real, no one who plays games should be using hard drives for anything other than bulk media storage now. It made sense when SSDs were as expensive as hell, by this point though.....just spend the fucking money. Its an upgrade that pays dividends and will last for quite a while.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

Hey I have those specs! That's neat. But I already 100%'ed and Platinumed that game so...meh.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Speaking of CD based games from the 5th generation of consoles.

Fucking Tomba, yeah baby!

Activision Blizzard has also reacted to the decision. “Our merger will benefit consumers and workers,” Bobby Kotick, Activision Blizzard’s CEO, said in a statement. “It will enable competition rather than allow entrenched market leaders to continue to dominate our rapidly growing industry.”

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Oh that’s just too rich (no pun).
By allowing one of the entrenched market leaders ( lol ) to buy up another entrenched market leader, there'll be more competition!

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Those are pretty reasonable across the board. Also lets be real, no one who plays games should be using hard drives for anything other than bulk media storage now. It made sense when SSDs were as expensive as hell, by this point though.....just spend the fucking money. Its an upgrade that pays dividends and will last for quite a while.
How much does a snazzy RTX3070 card cost again these days? Yeah, me thinks these specs will only be enjoyed by people who never find cost an issue, since these high end cards weren’t even available prior to the GPU marketing shitting the bed.