FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
PC specs for Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart have been revealed

Surprisingly, no SSD required for minimum specs (recommended tho). As for the rest, it's more or less in line with expectations. Now all that's left is wait and see how badly it'll stutter. Then again, it's being ported by Nixxes, so it may not suck.
Well at the very least it looks better than that OTHER PS Port that came out eariler this year.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Arzette: The Jewel of Faramore is a spiritual successor to the Zelda CD-I games, and includes the old voice cast

What a time to be alive, this is the sort of game that puts a smile on my face. I've been cackling ever since I heard about it

Reactions: Hawki

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Arzette: The Jewel of Faramore is a spiritual successor to the Zelda CD-I games, and includes the old voice cast

What a time to be alive, this is the sort of game that puts a smile on my face. I've been cackling ever since I heard about it

So it has come to this. Zelda Cdi mined for nostalgia. They should give the Angry Video Game Nerd dibs on the first review.

Reactions: Hawki and BrawlMan

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
Did the CD-i even sell that many copies that this is being developed out of genuine nostalgia for the games?

Or are they just banking on people having seen cut scenes from the games on YouTube or the likes?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Did the CD-i even sell that many copies that this is being developed out of genuine nostalgia for the games?

Or are they just banking on people having seen cut scenes from the games on YouTube or the likes?
The Panasonic video and the Philips CDI both bombed horribly. The only reason people bother to remember this game, is through YouTube and emulation. For the developers sake, they better have an actual quality game, cutscenes aside.

So it has come to this. Zelda Cdi mined for nostalgia. They should give the Angry Video Game Nerd dibs on the first review.
I swear it's almost like Bubsy all over again. Can we get a Tinhead game while we're at it? That's actually fun.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
There were maybe 1 million total CD-Is sold worldwide. No known sales numbers for the Zelda games, neither from Phillips or Nintendo (the latter insistently pretends they don't exist), but obviously none of them had a 100% install rate.
I'm near 100% sure the vast majority of people who know about these games only know them because of A) the AVGN videos from back in the day, or B) the memes/the cut scenes. Maybe from showing up in top worst Nintendo games lists too. That's really all these games have going for them: memes and a reputation for being memorably terrible.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

sigh.... It's never gonna end, is it?
I stopped caring a long time ago. Microsoft and Activision mean nothing to me.

I got Devil May Cry 5. I got Streets of Rage 4. I got the return of the brawler genre. I've been playing better and the best shooters that have come out more interesting than whatever Microsoft and Activision could put together. Sony Nintendo have so much more going on and are not afraid to actually experiment at least try something new every now and then. As far as I'm concerned both are dead to me.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
I stopped caring a long time ago. Microsoft and Activision mean nothing to me.

I got Devil May Cry 5. I got Streets of Rage 4. I got the return of the brawler genre. I've been playing better and the best shooters that have come out more interesting than whatever Microsoft and Activision could put together. Sony Nintendo have so much more going on and are not afraid to actually experiment at least try something new every now and then. As far as I'm concerned both are dead to me.
Yeah, Personally i really don't care that much anymore, but I'm just sick of hearing about it on every gaming news platform. Like, I'd love to hear news on other gaming topicsm but it seems this is the only big one everyone seems to cover, or there aren't anything else happening in the industry.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
How much does a snazzy RTX3070 card cost again these days? Yeah, me thinks these specs will only be enjoyed by people who never find cost an issue, since these high end cards weren’t even available prior to the GPU marketing shitting the bed.
The RTX 3070 - in Aus bucks - retails for $590 to $650 depending on trim. So take at least a third off that for the likely US price. Which is what it should have retailed for, but life was shit.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States

I mean they look like a good time, in a particularly insane way

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

Kinda with the devs on this one; Granted I generally don’t support early game access as a pre-order bonus, but PC already had it for a few years, so it really doesn’t matter at this point
That and the PC is literally getting a 28 day headstart thanks to the earlier release date.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Literal third post in that thread starts with "As long as your review sound legitimate enough". Seventh starts with "You have to try to get everyone to try to refund the game". Something's not passing the smell test.