What have you learned today?

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

I personally aligned most with 2, 4, 5, 6, 7 (somewhat), and 9. Some of that could be attributed to an OCD brain particularly in youth lol.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
That the size of the iris of the eyes correlates to the intelligence.

I have an anecdotal counterargument though: I had very large irises in my youth, but that was also when I had gotten glasses but vanity stopped me from actually using them, so I suspect the eyes tried to compensate for my poor eyesight. My vanity lead to my eyesight becoming even poorer so that was not a particularly intelligent behaviour.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Luckily the guy here was found guilty for a life of corruption - and eventually murders - as head of a wealthy lawyer family with enough connections to make this kinda justice a rare mercury unicorn to be savoured by us peasant mortals whilst it lasts.
And now is slightly more amusing to think it all may have been down to his defense lawyer just being "have you there heard of boars, young man? You best be knowing about boars, boy...lest you come unprepared for my classic boar defense!"

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Apparently in Victorian England, swordsticks (a walking stick that concealed a sword) were illegal, but lots of people carried them and sold them openly.

If you killed someone in a fight with one, you could argue that you just wanted to give a member of a lower class a good thrashing with the stick, but the sheath flew off and you accidentally stabbed them through the heart. And get off.

(Apparently saying you were hitting people with a sword in a scabbard and having the scabbard fly off and accidently chopping someone up with a sword was a common defence in Medieval times as well)

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Apparently in Victorian England, swordsticks (a walking stick that concealed a sword) were illegal, but lots of people carried them and sold them openly.

If you killed someone in a fight with one, you could argue that you just wanted to give a member of a lower class a good thrashing with the stick, but the sheath flew off and you accidentally stabbed them through the heart. And get off.

(Apparently saying you were hitting people with a sword in a scabbard and having the scabbard fly off and accidently chopping someone up with a sword was a common defence in Medieval times as well)
So, carrying[/i] something like that was illegal, but killing someone with it “accidentally” is ultimately fine. Logic, check!

Anyways, moving onto the other end of the weapon spectrum -

Humanity doesn’t deserve this earth.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Please be real, practical and affordable, because I'm like the local favorite snack for the zoomy fucks.
$100 says this new repellant causes like 14 types of cancer because a cure for God's biggest "fuck all of you" has to have a steep, endgame price.

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must
Weird phenomena: when you got decades long friendships with local police, investigations keep mysteriously being performed poorly, late or sometimes not at all when there's a chance you're the perpetrator. 🤔

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
Please be real, practical and affordable, because I'm like the local favorite snack for the zoomy fucks.
$100 says this new repellant causes like 14 types of cancer because a cure for God's biggest "fuck all of you" has to have a steep, endgame price.
You guys ready to hate me? Not sure why, but I can walk through clouds of them and get maybe 1 bite. Hope this new product works, and not like 'Skeeterpellant...

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
You guys ready to hate me? Not sure why, but I can walk through clouds of them and get maybe 1 bite. Hope this new product works, and not like 'Skeeterpellant...
That's a super power. I can't even mention seeing one on a neighbor's property without it being assumed as an open invite to come chew on me. I forget the exact qualities, but I learned I check a lot of the boxes that attract mosquitoes; mostly, I have brown skin, wear dark clothes, drink alcohol, and smoke cigarettes, and from what I remember, those qualities combine to make for a bright neon "all you can eat" sign visible from a mile away off the interstate. I've tried everything to exterminate them, but I always end up with a "fuck you" in braille on my ankles from mosquito bites. I apply mosquito repellant daily, and it helps, but being covered in sticky chemicals all day four months out of the year doesn't make for a relaxed experience during the hottest days of the summer. I just wait until the first frost of late Fall/early Winter when I fist bump the heavens that the skeeters have died, and I can sit outside in peace with a cocktail and cigarette for a few months.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Reactions: gorfias