Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Oh yeah, talking to animals was like a must in Divinity just for pure entertainment purposes.
It's half an epic ranger or wolfman type fantasy, and half like one of those cheesy 90s movies where the main character is a dog who plays basketball or something like Beethoven, and they sound silly and adorable. Very unique and unusual but a ton of fun too.

Reactions: Phoenixmgs

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I am very very much looking forward to this as diablo 4 has been boring the life outta me.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Whats bad and what needs to be fixed? Rather know it from you then some youtuber
ABK was waiving a false flag at release when it actually looked hopeful, but then their true colors shone through when they patched it into a grindy MTX shitheap.

…is about what I gathered as a bystander.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Whats bad and what needs to be fixed? Rather know it from you then some youtuber
Microtransactions are not the problem, let me tell you that up front. They might be part of the cause of the problems but they arent why the game is dicks.

So the biggest issue is that stats are broken. Elemental resistance doesnt work properly and the enemies deal way too much elemental damage. Blizzard said it will take months to fix this. Also their damage calculation for player stats is broken, making one or two stats in the game far and away the best stats for gear. Blizzards solution to this was to nerf the amount of these stats that gear could have by 65%, effectively they nerfed player power by 65% across the board and didnt fix anything else.

What this means is the players are weak and squishy because they nerf our offense, and our defense is broken so we just die.

Additionally stash space is extremely small because they thought it would be a good idea for the game to load the entire inventory and stash of every player on screen at all times. Meaning if they gave us a lot of stash space the game would crash if too many players got on screen.

There are no activites at endgame outside of spaming dungeon keys over and over again. Because they nerfed the exp from every single other thing in the game. Making endgame super reptitive.

The legendary effects are broken and the best items in the game are so rare that only 3 people in the world have gotten them to this day. There are 9 uber rare items and literally only 2 of them have dropped ever meaning nobody in the world has seen 7 of the uber rare items ever. You have 1 in 5million chance of getting these items once you are over level 85. This for a game that resets every 120 days.

There are other design choices that are unbelievably stupid coming out of a studio with this much money and experience that there are no excuses for it.

Go play Path of Exile instead.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Microtransactions are not the problem, let me tell you that up front. They might be part of the cause of the problems but they arent why the game is dicks.

So the biggest issue is that stats are broken. Elemental resistance doesnt work properly and the enemies deal way too much elemental damage. Blizzard said it will take months to fix this. Also their damage calculation for player stats is broken, making one or two stats in the game far and away the best stats for gear. Blizzards solution to this was to nerf the amount of these stats that gear could have by 65%, effectively they nerfed player power by 65% across the board and didnt fix anything else.

What this means is the players are weak and squishy because they nerf our offense, and our defense is broken so we just die.

Additionally stash space is extremely small because they thought it would be a good idea for the game to load the entire inventory and stash of every player on screen at all times. Meaning if they gave us a lot of stash space the game would crash if too many players got on screen.

There are no activites at endgame outside of spaming dungeon keys over and over again. Because they nerfed the exp from every single other thing in the game. Making endgame super reptitive.

The legendary effects are broken and the best items in the game are so rare that only 3 people in the world have gotten them to this day. There are 9 uber rare items and literally only 2 of them have dropped ever meaning nobody in the world has seen 7 of the uber rare items ever. You have 1 in 5million chance of getting these items once you are over level 85. This for a game that resets every 120 days.

There are other design choices that are unbelievably stupid coming out of a studio with this much money and experience that there are no excuses for it.

Go play Path of Exile instead.
Path of Exile is also always online bullshit.

That's what's making me not play these games immediately.

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
So what races are people gonna play?

I typically play half orcs in everything dnd that lets me but this one has that Dragonkin race that is new to me (not sure which dnd edition added them but thank Tiamat) and I think I'll be breaking tradition for them.

I've not looked much into the classes and mechanics but I caught wind of that race in a vid and now I'm just brimming with questions about the mechanics and classes and gear and whether this game also has nunchaku as a weapon type lol.
I have absolutely no idea. I never played D&D and only dabbled a bit with some RPG's and never got into the hardcore ones like Baldur's Gates. The most RPG I've ever played are like Dragon Age.

So I don't have like a type that is my go-to or anything. I don't really know yet why I would choose an elf over a human over a gnome over something I don't even know *shrug*

Since Armored Core comes out a couple weeks before BG3 (on PS5, which is where I'm doing all my gaming on these days), I will likely not play BG3 right on release day so there will be plenty of articles and videos about this stuff by the time I start it and maybe that will help me decide.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
I have absolutely no idea. I never played D&D and only dabbled a bit with some RPG's and never got into the hardcore ones like Baldur's Gates. The most RPG I've ever played are like Dragon Age.

So I don't have like a type that is my go-to or anything. I don't really know yet why I would choose an elf over a human over a gnome over something I don't even know *shrug*

Since Armored Core comes out a couple weeks before BG3 (on PS5, which is where I'm doing all my gaming on these days), I will likely not play BG3 right on release day so there will be plenty of articles and videos about this stuff by the time I start it and maybe that will help me decide.
If you have no clue you can just go by what looks cool. Dragon Age has a simpler version of this but they are steeped in different lore than D&D so elves are totally different, while still being elves.

Just keep in mind that this will be a lot more reactive and choice-based than DA, people will react to you differently based on your race, so if you're a tiefling for example a good chunk of the population will treat you like a mix between an illegal immigrant and the spawn of the devil. Or a Gith would be seen like a literal alien.

Getting it on ps5 myself, too busy with Trails into Reverie right now so it works out perfectly. Not sure when I'll play AC6 but I'm in no huge rush because while it does look cool, my only interaction with the franchise is playing it in those demo cds that came with gaming magazines back in the 90s a couple of times during the ps1 times.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Easy way to choose, class -> race with best trait to go with class, smash the random button till you get the derpiest looking character cause you know there's gonna be a scene where they try to stroke the player ego by commenting on how good looking the PC character is, just for the camera to focus on the ugly monstrosity random chance made.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Except Path of Exile is 100% free and very good. Diablo 4 is always online and $70 and bullshit.
But Path of Exile is just another cheap imitation of Diablo and not the real thing and its lore and setting and stories is even less interesting and generic then Diablos...

And I'll be honest I'm not digging this new take on Baldur's Gate either from what I have seen

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Huh? Larian is following the DnD ruleset probably as close as you can and I assume following the lore as close as possible as well.
Mindflayers isn't what I want as the first big D&D CRPG in a while.

Like couldn't that have been the expansion pack story?

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa

The game is so big it has like 20 games worth of stories, I'm sure you'll find something more orthodox lol.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

I don't know what you mean by this to be honest. The mindflayers at the beginning of the game are gone within the first 15 minutes and you go off trying to prevent yourself from becoming one.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

So due to just how much stuff the full game will add, Larian wants you to delete early-access saves and uninstall the game if you have it.

I am a tad bit annoyed, because I just re-installed it hoping to save me time.
It’s practical, proactive advice, but it would’ve been even moreso if they had stated it before early access that any progress wouldn’t carry over to the full release.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
It’s practical, proactive advice, but it would’ve been even moreso if they had stated it before early access that any progress wouldn’t carry over to the full release.
Yeah, I am aware of all the benefits of doing this, but it still doesn't save me from feeling annoyed for uninstalling the game just one day after installing it. OH well, as long as I'm drowning in contents I'll be happy