General Gaming News.

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
It's basically what I partially implied. I'm just so sick of that dumb thing, that it's not even worth naming. I got sick of it when it was in its biggest height.
fair enough lol, don’t blame you
I remember and name because freaking Steve Bannon credited it and Milo Yappadapolis (or whatever) for turning out Trump youth support. Because our world is ever more stupid than the most stupid we can ever stupid

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
I just don't get what this woman did that had so many video game fans treating her like the next Jack Thompson. Maybe she wasn't always accurate in her criticisms but she clearly acted in good faith and even acknowledged that pointing out problems in video games doesn't mean you were wrong for liking them.
She never actually fulfilled her obligations for the kickstarter she had back then. Vilified an entire gender, or I mean sex, or I mean cis whatever the hell, and portrayed things as simple as fucking Super Mario as sexist. And on and on and on. Maybe you should actually research something before making assumptions that a grifter is a poor defenseless woman that needs no man but also actually needs men to be her white knights.

Whatever! These forums imploded because of the toxic discussion she started and now her fucking grift is at long last going to die even if she never faces actual recognition for her grift, at least it's fucking gone. We've already spent too much time talking about her for all the waste of time she is.

(Also. Her videos were actually written by a man and once she fired him because she thought she didn't need him she had no real voice that wasn't boilerplate feminist crap to distinguish herself. So, so much for that whole female empowerment thing.)

Reactions: BrawlMan

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
The hilarious part about this bit of news is that Anita got basically everything she wanted from the gaming sphere and gaming is...fine?

I mean gaming is fucked in a lot of ways, particularly AAA gaming, but not in any particular way her criticism was talking about.

Course, it might help that our keyboard warriors are way more bark than bite, unlike Project Moon's latest kerfluffle where a batch of incels dressed as a villain group from one of their games raided the office because a gatcha character had the audacity to be drawn in a skin tight wetsuit instead of a bikini.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
The hilarious part about this bit of news is that Anita got basically everything she wanted from the gaming sphere and gaming is...fine?
Last I heard she had run away with a lot of money she owed to her fellow Fem Freq people and like goes off on vacations in Europe and whatnot. She scammed even her own allies and proved herself to be a complete grifter.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
Last I heard she had run away with a lot of money she owed to her fellow Fem Freq people and like goes off on vacations in Europe and whatnot. She scammed even her own allies and proved herself to be a complete grifter.
This is the first I ever heard of this. Source?

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Bunch of weirdos on Reddit. That level of fraud would involve lawsuits and guess what doesn't exist.

Anyway, instead of relitigating decade old bullshit that shouldn't've mattered then:

Guh

It's an RPG and by all accounts an expansive one, so it might be the rare game that's *worth* 122 gigs, but that's still huge

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
This isn't the original thing I saw. But it boils down to a gross mismanagement of funds, some of which used for no reason like trips or whathaveyou.
This video seems to cover a more accurate account of what happen and boils down to a severe mismanagement of funds. Anita definitely benefitted the most from the spending but it's not really clear on whether the mismanagement was malice or incompetence.

I read an article three or so years ago that talked about former Frequency employees mad about not getting paid while Anita seemed to not be worried about cash but i can't find that now. One thing is certain though, a lot of money was raised and not put into the organization properly, Anita thrived financially while her staff did not.

According to these tax filings Anita seems to be the only person that got paid strictly from Fem Freq. https://projects.propublica.org/nonprofits/organizations/463408143

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I mentioned it earlier. That's more or less what happened all of her followers were not happy.

That's all I have to say on the matter. Believe whatever you want at this point. Nothing more than a bad and boring forgettable memory.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
This video seems to cover a more accurate account of what happen and boils down to a severe mismanagement of funds. Anita definitely benefitted the most from the spending but it's not really clear on whether the mismanagement was malice or incompetence.
In general I prefer giving people the benefit of a doubt, and a general rule is "never attribute to malice what could be adequately be explained by incompetence". So I assume it's incompetence.
I read an article three or so years ago that talked about former Frequency employees mad about not getting paid while Anita seemed to not be worried about cash but i can't find that now. One thing is certain though, a lot of money was raised and not put into the organization properly, Anita thrived financially while her staff did not.
Let me know if you find it.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

I was willing to look past the cartoon aesthetics. Then I saw it was a mobile game.

We hates it!
Everything is getting a shitty mobile game now. Remember when mobile games were actually good and actual games? Decent times. I really wish I got a chance to play that Double Dragon Iphone game based off the Zeebo version. It had really great combat.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010

I was willing to look past the cartoon aesthetics. Then I saw it was a mobile game.

We hates it!
A 25 second add before a trailer?! Why would anybody sit trough that!

Anyway, why are they so stuck on making terrible adaption of the lord of the ring now? It used to have quite a few good games, but all the recent one have been trash. You'd think with a bunch of new movie/show in the work they'd try to make some decent game for it too.

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
Ding dong, the witch is dead.

My heart actually mourns for the collapse of the organization. A shame the reactionaries lost everything before they had to disband.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

That's a handsome collection of buzzwords. Translation: it'll be Battlefield, but with more EA bullshit

That would be neat. I've heard it's pretty good.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

That's a handsome collection of buzzwords. Translation: it'll be Battlefield, but with more EA bullshit

A decade later and nothing changes EA is still following Call of Duty again.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
It certainly looks good at least. Once I found out that they built dioramas and scanned them to use as environments I had the biggest smile on my face.

The Escapist wrote about this too, so in accordance to their wishes: