Funny events in anti-woke world

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Corporations want money and make changes to existing IPs in order to make money based on changing data regarding potential demographics. News at 11. Any other bombshells you want to drop on us? Like water being wet?
No just that Hollywood and other studios employ companies to "Manage fan reaction online" by which they normally act as trolls on social media and or slip helpful hints to journalists about approaching certain topics to push certain reaction. Thus the reaction to [insert character] isn't them being poorly written or facing no actual trials or having to develop as a character, people objecting are just Racist / Sexist.

That sentiment then gets echo by others not aware they're being played on social media sites and places like this very forum.

And I get to be the villain because I know it's happening but the schema have already been built up through careful engineering and messaging that anyone pointing this out or calling it out is the villain not to be listen to because clearly it's some weird stuff from some unsavoury part of the internet people like me dwell in.

You want them, you can keep them. Toss them into the trash along with Trump and any other bastard defending them.
We don't want them it's your side's trash to deal with. Every time we try anything we're just accused of being monsters for trying to deal with them, you lot deal with them.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Oh I love the claim it's a conspiracy theory while you only need to look around and see the push to erase the idea of demographics now and push how everything must now have representation for as many groups as possible.

You know based on the new rules for Oscars that if they were in force Oppenheimer wouldn't be eligible for any?
This isn't true. There have been a bunch of social media posts misrepresenting what the new rules entail, and claiming that various great films wouldn't meet the standards.

So, not a 'conspiracy theory', but just yet another piece of manufactured outrage you've fallen for.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
This isn't true. There have been a bunch of social media posts misrepresenting what the new rules entail, and claiming that various great films wouldn't meet the standards.

So, not a 'conspiracy theory', but just yet another piece of manufactured outrage you've fallen for.

Oppenheimer -

Fails Standard A
Likely passes standard B
Fails standard C (as to do so would be considered discrimination for said company to do it)
Fails standard D

You know maybe you should re-read that requirement stuff because it does clearly say in the article it must meet 2 of the 4 standards to actually quality and yes a number of great films would fail to meet 2 of the 4 standards in many cases.

So no you've just fallen for the counter misinformation claiming the initial information is the misinformation.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
No, people are fed up of "The Message" at this point and the preachers of it who insist upon making it part of pieces of media or taking existing characters and changing them to fit it.
The fun thing about this game is that ''preachers'' or progressive of any kind can never win.

If a character gets changed from white to black or Asian, or from straight to gay then there's an outrage.

If character from a minority background is a completely new character then this character is ''shoehorned in'' and takes time away from the real characters.

And lastly we have characters like Jon Kent. A character who's neither changed from straight to gay, nor a newly established gay character, yet somehow that one wasn't allowed either.

You can't change characters, you can't introduce new ones and you also can't establish a characters sexuality later on when it would logically become relevant. No matter which option is taken the usual suspects react in the same way. It seems the only acceptable course of action according to these usual suspect is to just keep it all out.

*Points to Game of Thrones & House of The Dragon and those having gay characters*
Where's the fucking outrage over that again?
Oh that's simple. At the time it wasn't safe for the grift to target those particular franchises. The early Game of Throne seasons were an icon of television, and House of the Dragon is seen as possible the salvation of that icon after years of disaster. This was a case where they couldn't keep up the charade of being ''real fans'' and ''the voice of the little guy'' while simultaneously peddling their ideology. But you can bett that if Loras had debuted in season 5 he'd be labeled the embodiment of everything wrong with Game of Thrones.

Apparently undisputed success intimidates the far right from going after shows, or at least incentives them to claim those show as their own. For instance the Mario movie being the symbol of woke Hollywood ruining video games one day, and then suddenly being the supreme champion of anti woke world the next day when it turned out audience loved it.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Oppenheimer -

Fails Standard A
Likely passes standard B
Fails standard C (as to do so would be considered discrimination for said company to do it)
Fails standard D
Lol dude, no, those kind of internships are extremely common and legal. You have absolutely zero idea if it has one.

The production and distribution companies behind any major release nowadays would comfortably pass Standard D. And Oppenheimer even passes Standard A with Rami Malek and 2 or 3 others.

Besides which, you said it wouldn't quality for "any" Oscars. These standards apply solely for Best Picture.

You know maybe you should re-read that requirement stuff because it does clearly say in the article it must meet 2 of the 4 standards to actually quality and yes a number of great films would fail to meet 2 of the 4 standards in many cases.

So no you've just fallen for the counter misinformation claiming the initial information is the misinformation.
Nope, you're just doubling down after being misled. You have absolutely zero idea whether it passes those standards, and you were entirely wrong about what they apply to.

Last edited:

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
The fun thing about this game is that ''preachers'' or progressive of any kind can never win.

If a character gets changed from white to black or Asian, or from straight to gay then there's an outrage.

If character from a minority background is a completely new character then this character is ''shoehorned in'' and takes time away from the real characters.

And lastly we have characters like Jon Kent. A character who's neither changed from straight to gay, nor a newly established gay character, yet somehow that one wasn't allowed either.

You can't change characters, you can't introduce new ones and you also can't establish a characters sexuality later on when it would logically become relevant. No matter which option is taken the usual suspects react in the same way. It seems the only acceptable course of action according to these usual suspect is to just keep it all out.
No the reason many "progressive(towards the cliff)" people can't win is they fail to actually be able to write well and focus so much of said character on characteristics like who they're shagging they forget to actually make them characters beyond that or make them about taking some stand.

If a character is changed it's often deliberately to push something in.

If a character from a minority background is added then so often the writers make them better and more powerful and usurp existing characters (See the fact in like 1 years Marvel had PR statements in the press about how 3 different black female characters were now the smartest character in the Marvel Universe)

Oh that's simple. At the time it wasn't safe for the grift to target those particular franchises. The early Game of Throne seasons were an icon of television, and House of the Dragon is seen as possible the salvation of that icon after years of disaster. This was a case where they couldn't keep up the charade of being ''real fans'' and ''the voice of the little guy'' while simultaneously peddling their ideology. But you can bett that if Loras had debuted in season 5 he'd be labeled the embodiment of everything wrong with Game of Thrones.
No the Early Game of Throne seasons were not icons of television, they have become that now retroactively but to quote I think it was a journalist "Game of Thrones started off as that some your weird cousin would watch, you know the one or had an unhealthy obsession with violence and creeps women out".

Apparently undisputed success intimidates the far right from going after shows, or at least incentives them to claim those show as their own. For instance the Mario movie being the symbol of woke Hollywood ruining video games one day, and then suddenly being the supreme champion of anti woke world the next day when it turned out audience loved it.
Didn't the Mandalorian Season 3 get a lot of flack and that show was held as a success before then.

Didn't we get told how much of a success HBO's Watchmen was? Or She-Ra or in the film world Ghostbuster Afterlife? Oh and Lovecraft county. Oh and the CW shows like Supergirl.

As for the Mario Movie, tailer and marketing perception vs actual content of the film.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Lol dude, no, those kind of internships are extremely common and legal. You have absolutely zero idea if it has one.

The production and distribution companies behind any major release nowadays would comfortably pass Standard D. And Oppenheimer even passes Standard A with Rami Malek and 2 or 3 others.

Besides which, you said it wouldn't quality for "any" Oscars. These standards apply solely for Best Picture.

Nope, you're just doubling down after being misled. You have absolutely zero idea whether it passes those standards, and you were entirely wrong about what they apply to.
Nah, you doubling down on misinformation as again discriminating based on race or sex would be illegal for a company lol

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
But you can bett that if Loras had debuted in season 5 he'd be labeled the embodiment of everything wrong with Game of Thrones.
Ah yes, the character who in that very season...let me just check my notes here...gets arrested by the church for teh gay and forcibly 'conversion therapied' in a storyline that was cut from whole cloth by D&D, and a complete departure from the books.

Not that one goddamned word about that rose above the clamor over titties, or the mere suggestion Daenerys is a white savior trope.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
But if you cast a movie with Asian source material using white actors, it's "Hollywood has to cast bankable actors". Lookin' at you, Dragon Ball.
You can add Ghost in the Shell to the list too. Seriously, only Battle Angel and Speed Racer (of all things) managed to have a great and decent adaption respectively. Guyver: Dark Hero is pretty good too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cicada 5

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

I may be biased since I follow an account called Blackout Strike. But Niger is 100% in the right here. The problem with democracies in the third world vs a military junta is this, the military wants more funding nationwide, so they WANT to increase GDP growth, GDP per capita growth, and even the medium income. Your average politician everywhere doesn't care about that as long they get power.

Now this wouldn't work in the US/First world countries in Europe with its first mover's advantage in the Industrial Revolution, but you want a good government that supports economic growth, and that can happen with democracy or without it. South Korea, China, Japan, and Brazil during the Cold War, and Argentina during World War 2 will/still are powerhouses because of military-based direct rule or some form of dictatorship by enlightened elites who want a better future for their children.

For reference Niger powers 1/3 of France's light bulbs... While most of the country does not have electricity. Let that sink in.

Most of Niger supports this military-led rule, yet ECOWAS or the Economic Community of West African States wants to fucking invade them. This is of course led by Nigeria which is one of the African powerhouses in the region due to its geography of having lots of rivers to grow crops, oil, population growth, and most importantly is a coastal state meanwhile Niger is landlocked. They gain from trade with the US, China, and EU so they have to do the US, and EU or more specifically France's bidding for them.

Meanwhile, The former head of the state of Niger was a Western lackey who condemn his country to UN-sponsored poverty. Look I know this won't apply to 99.99999999% of the people who this will reach, and I likely don't think anyone with power in the third world will ever see this. You don't want the UN involved in a country if you want economic growth, look what happened to the Congo, and Afghanistan. If you see Western NGOs running towards you unless you will die without aid, run the other way. In order to grow an economy you need the following; An educated, skilled, and loyal populace(loyal as in they won't bounce to the US or EU at the first sign of success), a long-sighted leadership class, and a strong military of some shape or form(foreign or domestic) so that no one interferes, and some form of technological, or high valued financial transfer.

The UN will not give ANY of the above. Foreign governments have no interest in growing your economy, South Korea grow their own economy with help from the US, but they had to literally take current spending, and shutter it to future spending goods. Instead of consumption they invested in production.

And yes Wagner is bad, they kill, rape, and steal. But if my country were Niger I would prefer them over France, and Americans 100% of the time unless they are stealing more than France are.

Reactions: Seanchaidh

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
But if you cast a movie with Asian source material using white actors, it's "Hollywood has to cast bankable actors". Lookin' at you, Dragon Ball.
My guy, we could have cast a time travelling Master Lee as Goku in that movie and it would still have been dogshit on chips. As far as I'm concerned, Justin Chatwin took one for all his Asian homies with that turd.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
*Points to Game of Thrones & House of The Dragon and those having gay characters*
Where's the fucking outrage over that again?
Who knows? Where's the outrage over Heartstopper? Although House of the Dragon had the 'black people in Fantasy' hubbub, because ofcourse it did.

Completely consist it has never been, but if it's Star Wars, Marvel, AAA videogames, or anything from the 80's - anything nerds generally feel is theirs - then anti-LGTBQ+ and anti-black outrage is almost certain. Heck, Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles had a black April O' Neil and it didn't set off the reactionaries, but Mutant Mayhem comes along and suddenly it's like a bomb went off.

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
No just that Hollywood and other studios employ companies to "Manage fan reaction online" by which they normally act as trolls on social media and or slip helpful hints to journalists about approaching certain topics to push certain reaction. Thus the reaction to [insert character] isn't them being poorly written or facing no actual trials or having to develop as a character, people objecting are just Racist / Sexist.
So which one is it? Are people tired of "The Message" or is Hollywood astroturfing hatred of diverse content?

If it's the former, it's really only an obnoxious vocal minority as shown by how often "go woke, go broke" has been disproven. If it's the latter, well, we all know Hollywood could never fake a hate campaign half as convincing as the ones these guys start for real.
That sentiment then gets echo by others not aware they're being played on social media sites and places like this very forum.
They're being played alright, but not by who you think.

And I get to be the villain because I know it's happening but the schema have already been built up through careful engineering and messaging that anyone pointing this out or calling it out is the villain not to be listen to because clearly it's some weird stuff from some unsavoury part of the internet people like me dwell in.
Yes grandpa, tell us more about how they're making the frogs gay and Jewish communists who drink blood control the media.

We don't want them it's your side's trash to deal with.
Your side was pretty quick to scoop up Elon Musk.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Who knows? Where's the outrage over Heartstopper? Although House of the Dragon had the 'black people in Fantasy' hubbub, because ofcourse it did.

Completely consist it has never been, but if it's Star Wars, Marvel, AAA videogames, or anything from the 80's - anything nerds generally feel is theirs - then anti-LGTBQ+ and anti-black outrage is almost certain. Heck, Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles had a black April O' Neil and it didn't set off the reactionaries, but Mutant Mayhem comes along and suddenly it's like a bomb went off.
I mean, it did, but it was drowned out over fan outrage at *checks notes* the turtles being different sizes.

I wish I had the amount of energy necessary to be mad at stuff like this. I probably wouldn't need sleep

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria

I mean, it did, but it was drowned out over fan outrage at *checks notes* the turtles being different sizes.

I wish I had the amount of energy necessary to be mad at stuff like this. I probably wouldn't need sleep
They used the typical "redhead erasure" dogwhistle despite April still having red hair (albeit a different shade than usual) and having nowhere near this much hatred when white actors with black, brown or blonde hair play redheaded characters without even bothering with a wig or hair dye.

She-Hulk's haters spent more time complaining about Matt Murdock having sex and wearing yellow (two things he's done in the comics) than about him being played by a guy who refused to dye his hair red because he thought it would make him look stupid. Which shows you how much of this nonsense is really based on reverence of the source material, Dwarven's comment about ignoring the TMNT comics in this very conversation being further proof.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Nah, you doubling down on misinformation as again discriminating based on race or sex would be illegal for a company lol
OK. So you genuinely believe that the Oscars have listed a standard that is illegal, and that even though countless production companies offer such internships, they're all breaking the law. Guess you better contact the police! Quite strange that nobody has noticed!

Also: no comment on it being pointed out that these standards don't apply for all but 1 Oscar category, and that Oppenheimer comfortably passes 3 of the 4 anyway? Ya know, so even if we ignored the internship standard, what you said would still be utter nonsense.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
You're talking about the basics of product marketing as if it's some sort of weird trick only you have insight into. The principles haven't changed in decades, we all know what they are.

Whilst some people certainly can shit a brick over a character having an altered background or different hair colour, it's not beyond the rest of the world's notice that the biggest shitstorms are rooted in gender, race and sexuality and the way this is inevitably expressed in screaming internet rants is dripping with prejudice. The people who are surprised that they come across as prejudiced are almost inevitably people who are themselves prejudiced.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
We don't want them it's your side's trash to deal with. Every time we try anything we're just accused of being monsters for trying to deal with them, you lot deal with them.
We keep getting in trouble for 'cancelling' those people. Particularly from you personally

I assume that means you think that they should still keep their jobs and not to criticise them

Anyway, the bar is way lower than that. The bar is at: not supporting these people, as Cicada stated. Those people you listed have been ostracized and are only supported by their sycophants. What we are talking about is people supporting Trump et al becuase they are right wing. They never supported Trump for his policies. They supported him because he did crimes (before he was even president) that they agreed with. And they will continue to do so no what crimes they do.

The crimes are what the right wing like

Edit: Let me remind you of a recent events of you defending the company and person who is the subject of the Road to Freedom. You defended the crimes because it was associated with a movie. You could have defend the message of the movie and stated that you are against the company and the person. But you didn't. You defended them instead. How about you sort out your own trash? (I actually don't want you to do that. I want law enforcement to do their jobs and deal with them.)

Last edited: