General Gaming News.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
I didn't find Bayonetta pleasing to the eyes, but then I didn't make a big deal out of it, claiming they did it on purpose just to spite me.

And while this is just a fictional character, you can bet your ass the face model is going to get shit on for this by the usual crowd. Female models used in games always do.

Notice how the character's face looks better here, yet only the shot with the most uncanny goober vibes gets used by the 'ugly on purpose' crowd. Horizon: Forbidden West anyone?

View attachment 9493
The other thing is, modern standards of beauty have been heavily influenced by the use of cosmetics, which aren’t typically factored into these particular characters due to the settings. People’s personal desires don’t always have to be the center of the universe, even with entertainment.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

Booo. What if I want to emulate the games I legally purchased and dumped tho? Nintendo hate all emulation tho, so they'll probably be all over this. Only upside is Denuvo charges a recurring subscription fee, so a lot of publishers end up removing Denuvo long term to get out of paying that fee.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
New Persona 3 Reload trailer with release date!

Shinji being the narrator is so awesome. And those all out attacks look somehow even smoother than in p5.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Booo. What if I want to emulate the games I legally purchased and dumped tho? Nintendo hate all emulation tho, so they'll probably be all over this. Only upside is Denuvo charges a recurring subscription fee, so a lot of publishers end up removing Denuvo long term to get out of paying that fee.
Nintendo is very much of the "If we're not selling it, you shouldn't want it" mindset. I'm surprised they only started working with Denuvo now.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010

(I mean, I can already do it on an ipad, but $200 bucks is cheaper then an ipad, particularly including the side controls)
You could just slap one of these kinds of things on your phone and off you go.

Too bad that their device only streams from a PS5 console and not from their online servers. A well, just another useless piece of kit.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Modus has released Double Dragon Gaiden: Rise of the Dragon update 1.03 on all platforms, and this is the game’s first patch. This adds a few new features alongside fixes. Read on for what’s new in the Double Dragon Gaiden August 24 patch notes.

Double Dragon Gaiden: Rise of the Dragons Update 1.03 Patch Notes | Double Dragon Gaiden August 24 Patch Notes:
These improvements include toggleable Crowd Control pop-ups, PlayStation trophy fixes, Switch performance, Steam compatibility fixes and much more!
  • -You can turn on/off Crowd Control notification in the option menu.

• -When you respawn, all enemies on screen will be knocked down to provide you a safe entry.
  • -Fixed and reduced softlock
  • -Fixed leaderboard data error
  • -Fixed trophies that can’t be unlocked before (PS4/5)
  • – The trophy [beat’em up] unlocked condition is to perform 3,000 special KOs. If you have previously met the criterial before the patch, you will just need to start the game and perform 10 special KOs to unlock the trophy.
  • – All other trophies can be unlocked by entering the respective menu in the token shop.
  • -Improved achievements detecting and tracking (Steam)
  • -Improved controller recognition on supporting two controllers (Steam)
  • -Fixed lag issue with V-Sync and G-Sync (Steam)
  • -Improved loading efficiency by 20 to 40% (Nintendo Switch

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Whats a Starfield anyways

(whatever happens with their next game, it will always be amusing that NMS went from the memetically uber-example of AAA buffoonery and shilling, to an indie studio basically creating a near-decade of a live service pseudo-mmo.... but without the actual live service parts and monetization)