General Gaming News.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Okay, if this rumor is true, then I really hope (but doubt) GTA 6 will be something mind-blowing. I mean it's asking more than double the price of regular AAA games, it needs to be near perfect.

Or they could realize this is a ridiculous price tag and drop it back down to $60-70.
Yeah, I'm sorry, but absolutely no video game is worth a hundred and fifty bucks, unless it also provides free no-consequence sex and life coaching.

But it's GTA. The sex will be a microtransaction.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
I fear this game is going to be asstastic. Too many delays, too many reports of struggling development, I dunno bout this one.
Was just about to say, but then again, the system shock remake also went trough development hell and came out okay, althought they didn't change studio. Still, can't be worse than the KOTOR remake (shroddinger game, both dead and alive).

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I fear this game is going to be asstastic. Too many delays, too many reports of struggling development, I dunno bout this one.
Was just about to say, but then again, the system shock remake also went trough development hell and came out okay, althought they didn't change studio. Still, can't be worse than the KOTOR remake (shroddinger game, both dead and alive).
I have no interests in Bloodlines 2, but I do wish the best friend of the developers.

KOTOR I have even less interest in. I've nearly cut everything Star Wars at this point.

Speaking of a loss of interest, I got tired of waiting for Lost Soul Aside a few months back. Either release the game or don't at this point. I got plenty of other action games I own now.

Reactions: meiam

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I wonder what ever happened to that Stellar Blade game. Supposed to release this year, but it's got no release date or any news whatsoever since it was last shown at a State of Play late last year.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I wonder what ever happened to that Stellar Blade game. Supposed to release this year, but it's got no release date or any news whatsoever since it was last shown at a State of Play late last year.
Other than a few websites posting some crackpot theories and asking when's the release date, nothing. I got Bayonetta Trilogy, so I'm good.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

EA wants to jump into racing games. I'm sure everyone will be happy about being charged $2 for a slightly different rim! /s

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

EA wants to jump into racing games. I'm sure everyone will be happy about being charged $2 for a slightly different rim! /s
Jump into racing games? What the fuck is Need for Speed then?
"Realistic" Sports Games I'm assuming this time, but EA already did that with the NFS: Shift sub-series. It lasted two games and they never wanted to go the realistic sports race route ever again.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020

Tbh, the racing genre has been growing pretty bad in that area of shitty business tactics for a few years now already. It's like one or two rungs below the audacity of the other sports games practices, but not from lack of trying, lol.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Tbh, the racing genre has been growing pretty bad in that area of shitty business tactics for a few years now already. It's like one or two rungs belowe the audacity of the other sports games practices, but not from lack of trying, lol.
That's what made Gran Turismo 7 such a fucking disappointment.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Tbh, the racing genre has been growing pretty bad in that area of shitty business tactics for a few years now already. It's like one or two rungs belowe the audacity of the other sports games practices, but not from lack of trying, lol.
That's what made Gran Turismo 7 such a fucking disappointment.
You want good racing games? Just stick with the indie or mid budget arcade racers. The AAA is too chicken shit to try and have personality anymore.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
You want good racing games? Just stick with the indie or mid budget arcade racers. The AAA is too chicken shit to try and have personality anymore.

Honestly the indies don't provide what I want either. I was not happy with Project Cars, or Grid, because none of them provided that feeling that the first few Forza's had or the Ps2 GT's or Tokyo Xtreme Racers. I want just a fucking normal car game again. I can't wait to see what bullshit this year's Forza is going to vomit out.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I was not happy with Project Cars, or Grid, because none of them provided that feeling that the first few Forza's had or the Ps2 GT's or Tokyo Xtreme Racers.
Project Cars is technically AAA, so they don't count. They games were always average to mediocre. Grid was fine in the 360/PS3 era, but I never bothered with the third game. Then the series got rebooted for some dumb reason. Also, good luck ever getting those feelings or highs again, unless you find/got copies of those older games lying around.

I want just a fucking normal car game again.
I can't wait to see what bullshit this year's Forza is going to vomit out.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I was wondering what was going on with that KOTOR remake.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Reactions: Worgen