Funny events in anti-woke world

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
??? Uhrm, both, because those two statements aren't mutually exclusive in the slightest.
You can talk about all those things at the same time, but it makes your responses to me totally irrelevant to my overall point: why was Trump's statement tied to the word bleach? When you were claiming the article was about drinking bleach because people were, that's an attempt at an explanation for why bleach. That argument didn't hold up because the article never acknowledges increased rates of poisoning with bleach. Now you say it's about general disinfectant misuse, but that doesn't explain why the article is "Why It's Important Not to Drink Bleach".

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
You can talk about all those things at the same time, but it makes your responses to me totally irrelevant to my overall point: why was Trump's statement tied to the word bleach? When you were claiming the article was about drinking bleach because people were, that's an attempt at an explanation for why bleach. That argument didn't hold up because the article never acknowledges increased rates of poisoning with bleach. Now you say it's about general disinfectant misuse, but that doesn't explain why the article is "Why It's Important Not to Drink Bleach".
So if I got this straight: your point of contention is that Trump didn't say bleach, he said disinfectants, meaning the article was dishonest in using his statement as a launching off point in talking about bleach poisonings in general as if that was what he suggested?

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
This is such a muddled mess of an argument.

1. I didn't say the article was "about drinking bleach", as if it's about that one thing and nothing else. I simply said it warned against drinking bleach, which is true.

The article states that people are taking dangerous non-cures, which is true and warrants a response warning against taking dangerous non-cures. They don't need to specifically acknowledge an increase for each individual one-- that's an absurd and pointless gripe.

2. The article title doesn't 100% reflect the content and subject. Big whoop, that's common practice. Read for more than 3 seconds and it becomes obvious the article isn't solely about bleach.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Last edited:

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
So if I got this straight: your point of contention is that Trump didn't say bleach, he said disinfectants, meaning the article was dishonest in using his statement as a launching off point in talking about bleach poisonings in general as if that was what he suggested?
2 distinctions: Trump didn't say bleach, he said disinfectants. Trump also didn't recommend it, he asked a stupid question. The news reported as Trump "suggesting" the treatment, which allows for an interpretation that he recommended it, as well as focusing specifically on bleach. They did both these things to make their stories pop: a headline about Trump telling people to do something dangerous is a lot more attention grabbing than one about Trump asking doctors a stupid question, and "bleach" evokes stronger feelings than a sterile word like "disinfectant". "Trump Questions Doctors About Disinfectant-based Treatments" just would not get the same traction as "Why It's Important Not to Drink Bleach" with a bottle of bleach and Trump's face on it. They were selling the story. I don't think it's some wild conspiracy theory that newspapers embellish the news to draw people in.

But the consequence of that is a lot of people who actually think Trump said to drink bleach. They are misinformed, it's the media's fault they are misinformed, because they media would rather have the attention of a misinformed populace than report the truth effectively. Agema and Silvanus take issue with me characterizing them as liars. But when NBC news reported he suggested that, they also wrote out the quote with the question mark. They knew it was a question, they had the video of him turning his head to the doctors when he asked it, they had the part of the video when he said "you're gonna have to use medical doctors" but declined to transcribe it in their reporting. Just like the Time article about the rise in accidental poisonings, they verifiably had all the information needed and chose not to use it, they could have told people "Trump asked if you could inject disinfectant to kill Covid", but declined to communicate that. To me, that's a lie.
2. The article title doesn't 100% reflect the content and subject. Big whoop, that's common practice.
This is not a defense. This is something you should condemn.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Those constantly worshiping and seeing (making whatever dick sucking excuses) Trump as their God-King, isn't making God, Jesus, the angels, or the Sparda, any happier. You're making yourselves look super embarrassing and pathetic.

Take him for all he's worth. Though I highly doubt he's got much on him. Still go after him so others can learn not to be fascist and racist dick heads.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
This is not a defense. This is something you should condemn.
There's nothing really wrong with it. Any reasonable reader knows the headline doesn't contain all the information of the article; it's obvious from a cursory thought.

The news reported as Trump "suggesting" the treatment, which allows for an interpretation that he recommended it [...]
Because he did suggest it. What he said constitutes a suggestion. You are objecting to the use of accurate descriptions for what he did, because he looks bad.

They were selling the story. I don't think it's some wild conspiracy theory that newspapers embellish the news to draw people in.
That's odd, because thus far you've been insisting its a malicious lie rather than just journalistic sales tactics, and you've also been insinuating that the broad media sphere is in on it, rather than just the very few outlets you've actually identified. Your approach thus far has very much been to evoke a political conspiracy angle.

Agema and Silvanus take issue with me characterizing them as liars.
Yes, I believe it is ridiculous to describe something as a "lie" if its accurate and true, based on the hypothetical possibility that others might misread it and get the wrong impression.

Last edited:

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
Those constantly worshiping and seeing (making whatever dick sucking excuses) Trump as their God-King, isn't making God, Jesus, the angels, or the Sparda, any happier. You're making yourselves look super embarrassing and pathetic.
But but God's instrument doesn't have to be perfect, as long as he fulfills his destiny of establishing a righteous theocratic dictatorship he can be redeemed. 🥺

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
That's odd, because thus far you've been insisting its a malicious lie rather than just journalistic sales tactics, and you've also been insinuating that the broad media sphere is in on it, rather than just the very few outlets you've actually identified. Your approach thus far has very much been to evoke a political conspiracy angle.
It's not that odd, since you make no attempt to understand what I'm saying.

It is both a sales tactic and a sinister lie: they lie to you about Trump because it is what you want to hear, it's what excites you to read further. You've been deceived and manipulated, and now you're going to bat for the people who did it.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
It's not that odd, since you make no attempt to understand what I'm saying.

It is both a sales tactic and a sinister lie: they lie to you about Trump because it is what you want to hear, it's what excites you to read further. You've been deceived and manipulated, and now you're going to bat for the people who did it.
Except I've not been "deceived"; I knew what Trump said, and I've accurately described it.

I then read the reports after hearing him, and recognised them as accurate. They described what he said correctly and also warned people about other genuine dangers in the same category: ingestion of disinfectants.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

It's so dumb, the reason you mask up is to reduce the viral load on others, and yourself, now granted Towards the end masks didn't matter, but overall masks were still important. As for closing schools, but not churches, it's beyond insane, and makes me want to start a church of my own given how they get away with stuff like this, but then some dipshit politico will likely say your religion has to be X amount of years old. So your bullshit has to be historical bullshit to get special rights for no fucking reason.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Due to atrocious wait times, scientists were able to find a way to actually do an ethical, randomized control HRT experiment

And what to do you know: fender affirming care significantly improves quality of life over a placebo

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Absent

Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
Due to atrocious wait times, scientists were able to find a way to actually do an ethical, randomized control HRT experiment

And what to do you know: fender affirming care significantly improves quality of life over a placebo
First of all, the research is made by scientists, and scientists are biased. Most of them even studied in universities, where they get their head filled with communist propaganda such as climate change, historical slavery and evolution theory. They cannot be trusted.

And then, what is it telling us ? That gender affirming care isn't punishing enough ? We knew that, that's why we oppose it. Suffering and pain is the good shepherd's tool to keep his sheep on God's righteous path. Gender affirming care is just a door to chaos and evil, sheltering the straying sheep from God and Nature's tough but righteous lessons.

Also bible bible jesus bible jesus jesus bible jesus bible america.

Reactions: Kwak

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009

Yes, but that life due to not killing themselves would be a "sinful abomination". Anti-trans propaganda was never about saving lives, it's about the very simple mindset of 'you make me feel oogie, so you should disappear'.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Not only has Tstorm claimed that a few media outlets listing dangerous cures, including Trump's nonsense, as solely all about Trump... he said exactly the same thinf for four or five pages now

And they still haven't realised that they are doing the exact thing that they claim media outlets are doing to Trump.

Absent

Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
And they still haven't realised that they are doing the exact thing that they claim media outlets are doing to Trump.
He (so clearly "he") has been doing what he accuses the others of, for ages, on this forum. Like hammering his dehumanizing implications for gay and trans people, and avoiding/deflecting when called out about it. Again, standard modern extreme-right playbook : fire away, let others fill the blanks and vaguely deny ("i didn't explicitly say it"). That's what he pretends to see in these bleach articles, because that's how he operates. And :

Worth mentionning again, it's his only contributions here, the only function of his account. For all intents and purposes, he could be working full time in a troll farm. And of course, when this very specific, narrow, usage of the forum gets highlighted by an absurdist insistance on hair-splitting in favor of Trump, the deflection/projection comes back : "what, are you obsessed with trump or sumthin lol". Again : accuse others of what you're doing.

As far as I'm concerned, he's not even a forumer here. If there's a "community" (and I'm not even too fond of the idea of internet communities myself), he's not a member, he has nothing to share. He's just a political spammer. The equivalent of a commercial call center ringing your phone all day long to sell an insurance : his pretense of "discussing" (honestly, rationally) is the equivalent of their "how do you do". There is zero honest intent there.

The people who waste their time dialoguing with him are simply scammed.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Worth mentionning again, it's his only contributions here, the only function of his account. For all intents and purposes, he could be working full time in a troll farm. And of course, when this very specific, narrow, usage of the forum gets highlighted by an absurdist insistance on hair-splitting in favor of Trump, the deflection/projection comes back : "what, are you obsessed with trump or sumthin lol". Again : accuse others of what you're doing.

As far as I'm concerned, he's not even a forumer here. If there's a "community" (and I'm not even too fond of the idea of internet communities myself), he's not a member, he has nothing to share. He's just a political spammer. The equivalent of a commercial call center ringing your phone all day long to sell an insurance : his pretense of "discussing" (honestly, rationally) is the equivalent of their "how do you do". There is zero honest intent there.

The people who waste their time dialoguing with him are simply scammed.
Yeah, there's people who I think are totally, constantly wrong about politic issues, but they still discuss what their favourite movies are or post funny pictures without their politics getting in the way too much.

As an aside, what do you think Tstorm would do if the remaining forumers agreed with them?