Funny events in anti-woke world

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
As an aside, what do you think Tstorm would do if the remaining forumers agreed with them?
He'd probably keep that echo chamber active for peer validation (it's easy to get, in conservative circles, just keep sprouting the same braindead bullshit but in lenghty convoluted arguments -woot, sentences!- and they return the image of an absolute genius à la tucker carlson), all while getting jesus points crusading on other forums.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Due to atrocious wait times, scientists were able to find a way to actually do an ethical, randomized control HRT experiment

And what to do you know: fender affirming care significantly improves quality of life over a placebo
There was no placebo in this test. The options were:
A) Be given testosterone.
B) Be told you'll be given testosterone in 3 months.

And then 3 months later, they were asked how they were feeling, with full knowledge of what was being studied and what sample they were a part of.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
As an aside, what do you think Tstorm would do if the remaining forumers agreed with them?
I wouldn't be here. There'd be nobody interesting to argue with.

At the same time, if there were no conservatives here, the other denizens of the basement would have nothing to do either. It would be a quiet, boring place without differences in opinions.

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
At the same time, if there were no conservatives here, the other denizens of the basement would have nothing to do either. It would be a quiet, boring place without differences in opinions.
Yeah sure, except for all the other discussions about various medias and events, and all the different nuances people can bring while still agreeing on some basic humane principles, and all the discussions and exchanges that aren't based on oppositions and antagonism, and all the gathering of experiences and specific fields knowledges, and all that make discussions between decent beings, and... yeah, bah, nothing you can really comprehend there, locked as you are in your nasty little manipulative games.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Yeah sure, except for all the other discussions about various medias and events, and all the different nuances people can bring while still agreeing on some basic humane principles, and all the discussions and exchanges that aren't based on oppositions and antagonism, and all the gathering of experiences and specific fields knowledges, and all that make discussions between decent beings, and... yeah, bah, nothing you can really comprehend there, locked as you are in your nasty little manipulative games.
The people who waste their time dialoguing with him are simply scammed.
:unsure:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Yeah, there's people who I think are totally, constantly wrong about politic issues, but they still discuss what their favourite movies are or post funny pictures without their politics getting in the way too much.
Tstorm rarely ever ventures out in any other threads. He's stuck here 24/7. The last time I've seen on a different thread not involving current events/politics was back on the V1 Thread. He's slave to his own ideals and memes that will continue make the hell for himself that he created.

It would be worse place to be, and I would have left to some place better. Thankfully, it's great to know that there are good and sensible people right here and out there.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
One more thing:

• Values Resonance:
    • Though never made explicit, the creators intended for Richie to be gay, which was quite progressive for the time.
      • In light of current queer-baiting controversies it stands out that A) There was no way it could ever make it into a kid's show in the early aughts B) Richie was based off Rick Stone, a gay character from the old Static comics C) Richie's characterization does not contradict this statement at all.
    • The show often discussed topics that were considered too mature for cartoons at the time, but did so with respect to the viewers. Many of these topics included bullying and its harmful effects, racism, troubled youth, and gun violence.
    • While they may have gotten some information about dyslexia wrong, the fact that a superhero had a mental handicap was rare and the way the show handled it was positive.
    • In most cartoons during the early to mid 2000s, the parents are either missing, comically abusive, and/or comically inept. In this show's case, the hero's father is a present and caring father who is always there for his children.
    • The showing of Virgil's grief over his mother's murder was a positive portrayal of grief and that it's okay to still feel sad and that crying is not a sign of weakness.
    • When Static meets Anansi in "Static in Africa", the former admits that he's happy to see another black superhero because he felt like he was the only one and seeing someone else with his skin tone makes him feel represented. Given the importance of representation for underrepresented minorities, this scene is important, regardless of generation.note
      • Anansi's response that Static himself is a powerful black role model is even better, reminding Static and others that even if they can't find representation for themselves, they can still stand proud and be the representation and change they want to see in the world.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Tstorm rarely ever ventures out in any other threads. He's stuck here 24/7. The last time I've seen on a different thread not involving current events/politics was back on the V1 Thread. He's slave to his own ideals and memes that will continue make the hell for himself that he created.
I have fun here. Why would I go to places that aren't fun?

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
If anybody wants to know the bullshit that the US right is gonna try to get up to, they made a handy guidebook

Reactions: BrawlMan

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
If anybody wants to know the bullshit that the US right is gonna try to get up to, they made a handy guidebook

"In some cases, these voices, like the global corporate giants BlackRock and Disney, directly benefit from doing business with Beijing."

Based Republican party for attacking BlackRock. That's a first.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Then why was there no question mark in your quote?
Because in the original quote, his sentence went on longer and switches between a question ("is there a way...") and a statement ("It would be interesting..."). The rest of the passage wasn't necessary so I snipped it. Snipping left it with the punctuation from the end of the sentence.

This is perhaps the pettiest quibble so far, since the presence or otherwise of that question mark doesn't change the substance of the quote. It's still a suggestion.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Because in the original quote, his sentence went on longer and switches between a question ("is there a way...") and a statement ("It would be interesting..."). The rest of the passage wasn't necessary so I snipped it. Snipping left it with the punctuation from the end of the sentence.

This is perhaps the pettiest quibble so far, since the presence or otherwise of that question mark doesn't change the substance of the quote. It's still a suggestion.
I really think that question mark is a fine illustration of how the story got distorted. Consider this:
Politico a couple days after the press conference quoted Trump like this:
“And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?” Trump said. “Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that. So you’re going to have to use medical doctors with — but it sounds interesting to me.”
Politico a year after quoted Trump like this:
" And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that.”

The question mark has disappeared, the direction to defer to medical doctors is snipped off, and the word "bleach" has entered the headline.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
Take him for all he's worth. Though I highly doubt he's got much on him. Still go after him so others can learn not to be fascist and racist dick heads.
It mentions that the families of the other two he shot are also suing him. It takes a certain kind of person to outright state in court that you approached someone in a false surrender, and were reaching for your gun with the intent to shoot and kill them when they shot you, and then sue them for having shot you.

Also:
“As a result, defendant Rittenhouse fired his assault rifle indiscriminately multiple times at citizens on the street. He shot and killed two men, seriously injured a third, and narrowly missed a fourth.”
1. Not an assault rifle.
2. It's amazing that you can fire indiscriminately at a crowd and somehow only manage to hit people who were attacking you. That's some wild fucking luck.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
mentions that the families of the other two he shot are also suing him. It takes a certain kind of person to outright state in court that you approached someone in a false surrender, and were reaching for your gun with the intent to shoot and kill them when they shot you, and then sue them for having shot you.
Still doesn't change the fact that Kyle RH came a state over with the intent to harm and kill. He had no business being over there and was acting as a wanna be cop. That same wanna be that cries like a victim, yet boasts about the people he hurt and killed. The same coward that tried hiding behind the cops, the proud boys, and the KKK, only for the all of them the dump his sorry ass when he tried to suck up to BLM. BLM wasn't having his crap either and kindly told him to fuck off. Like I said before earlier this year, Tucker Carlson ain't coming to save his sorry ass. The fact that said cop dad dumped him were in support of him shooting protesters shows how currently and how they don't give a crap about people within their own ranks or the same race as them. Don't try to deflect as if Kyle did nothing wrong. There's a reason why I had you on ignore, and I have no problem putting you on the door again. Cuz you have a habit of deflecting stuff or only seeing what you want to see.

1. Not an assault rifle.
2. It's amazing that you can fire indiscriminately at a crowd and somehow only manage to hit people who were attacking you. That's some wild fucking luck.
  1. Okay, it's a semi-automatic rifle. It still doesn't change the fact that he handled his gun irresponsible and came a state over with the intent to harm and kill, and an attempt to face no punishment. Firing into the crowd like you're some hero is not worth bragging about nor should it be considered a good thing.
  2. Yeah I don't care for your suspension of disbelief. I'm just happy not too many other people got hurt or killed. It still doesn't change the fact that he fired into a crowd of people. It didn't matter if some of them were armed, some of them weren't, or all of them were armed. He had no business being there. He didn't live in the same state, he wasn't an official cop, and he's just another delusional, madman, vigilante taking the laws into his own hands, and trying to be a hero he was not, nor never will be.
  3. This is the same man that decided to hide at his cousin's and sister's to avoid being sued. The same coward that tried to run to Tucker Carlson only for that douchebag to get fired and forget about Kyle sorry ass at the end of the day.
  4. If you're seriously defending this guy or trying to deflect his wrongness, then you can screw off for that. By the way, don't even bother responding, cuz I don't want to hear your bull crap. You're going back on my ignore list now. I'm sick of people trying to suck up, or make it up excuses for these assholes who don't care about anyone but themselves, or their dogmatic and fascist views. Cry for him all you want. See where that gets you. The man is going to face proper punishment and lose everything. He already has lost a lot, but he's too stupid to notice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Satinavian

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I really think that question mark is a fine illustration of how the story got distorted. Consider this:
Yes, because you're obsessing over irrelevant formatting minutiae. Both those formats are fine, and the substance is not significantly different. Your attempt to portray my choice of punctuation as an indication that I've been "deceived by a malicious lie" is kind of pathetic.

I watched him say what he said before I read the subsequent reports. Right from the horse's mouth. They were fine to call it a suggestion, and you want the media to coddle the reputation of the former President. That's not their job.

Last edited:

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
No, it's not. This depends on what is meant by "indiscriminate", as it has two meanings. The first equates roughly to "random". The second to "with little or poor judgement". Obviously, the second use is the relevant one. This could be taken to mean firing where the risk of unintended adverse consequences may be suffiently high. However, in the context of discharging a lethal firearm, "sufficiently high" may be quite a modest probability.

Reactions: BrawlMan

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
They were fine to call it a suggestion, and you want the media to coddle the reputation of the former President. That's not their job.
I would like people to be well informed, which they are not, and is theoretically the news media's reason for existing.