United States of America

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
@Johnny Novgorod, @NerfedFalcon, @FakeSympathy & @CriticalGaming, Separate Ways will be $9.99 on release.

A Resident Evil 4 Remake version of Separate Ways was first spotted by dataminer Gosetsu back in March, and Capcom has now made it official, confirming it'll release for $9.99 USD - alongside a free update to Resident Evil 4's wave-based Mercenaries mode introducing Ada Wong and Albert Wesker - on 21st September.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
In the trailer uploaded to FF youtube channel, at the end it mentions ff7rebirth won’t come to other platforms until May 2023

IMG_3226.png
If this isn’t some sort of typo, then it’s one short exclusivity period. Not that I’m complaining as i want to play on my pc

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Greedy bastards.
Thank God I got the PS4 version and it came with a free PS5 upgrade when putting in the disc.

I'm not surprised by this, because they did this the last time with RE7 and Village's DLC. Though if I remember correctly all the story related DLC was more expensive at the start than this version of Separate Ways. I will buy it day one, but you are correct. At least the Mercenaries update is free.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010

So kinda got lost in all the news today, but remember that magic FPS game that literally came out a month ago? The one that was release in an extremly busy release window with almost no marketing behind it? The one that came out a few days before AC6 and was almost instantly forgotten because of that? Yeah turn out that game undersold heavily and the studio got hit by massive layoff, who could have seen this coming?!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

So kinda got lost in all the news today, but remember that magic FPS game that literally came out a month ago? The one that was release in an extremly busy release window with almost no marketing behind it? The one that came out a few days before AC6 and was almost instantly forgotten because of that? Yeah turn out that game undersold heavily and the studio got hit by massive layoff, who could have seen this coming?!
History repeats itseld again.

Reactions: meiam

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
Reactions: BrawlMan

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
In the trailer uploaded to FF youtube channel, at the end it mentions ff7rebirth won’t come to other platforms until May 2023

View attachment 9654
If this isn’t some sort of typo, then it’s one short exclusivity period. Not that I’m complaining as i want to play on my pc
Huh, it took about 12 months for the PC port to come out. PS5 got it in June 2021, PC got it June 2022 according to Steam. So 9 months isn't terrible. Gives me time to pull my finger out and finish it at least. And play the one with Zack.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
FF7R2 is coming out 2 days after my birthday. Hype~

Bonus one, Vanillaware is making a new game! Maybe release 2035?

Was about to post that one.

Srpg with 60 party members sounds absolutely nuts. And then add vanillaware tier sprite art to the mix. And it's coming out so soon too. I remember having to wait for like 3 years after 13 sentinels was first shown till I got to play it.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
FF7R2 is coming out 2 days after my birthday. Hype~

Was about to post that one.

Srpg with 60 party members sounds absolutely nuts. And then add vanillaware tier sprite art to the mix. And it's coming out so soon too. I remember having to wait for like 3 years after 13 sentinels was first shown till I got to play it.
60 members isn’t a party, it’s an expeditionary battalion :ROFLMAO:

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Huh, it took about 12 months for the PC port to come out. PS5 got it in June 2021, PC got it June 2022 according to Steam. So 9 months isn't terrible. Gives me time to pull my finger out and finish it at least. And play the one with Zack.
June 2022 was when it released on Steam, but it was on pc before that, from december 2021 on, but Epic Store exclusive.

Which Rebirth might be too, since Square isn't doing so hot right now, so they'll probably take whatever lump sum Tim Sweeney throws at them for exclusivity. If so, it'll probably be on Steam six months later, like last time.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
June 2022 was when it released on Steam, but it was on pc before that, from december 2021 on, but Epic Store exclusive.

Which Rebirth might be too, since Square isn't doing so hot right now, so they'll probably take whatever lump sum Tim Sweeney throws at them for exclusivity. If so, it'll probably be on Steam six months later, like last time.
I'd forgotten it was exclusive to EGS for ages, so thank you for reminding me.