Game Articles and Videos Thread

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Sometimes something makes you realize there can be good justification for voice AI -

Does Roger get royalties for this? Probably not, but he probably also wouldn’t care. Take2 OTOH I could see striking this kinda thing down soon.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

Now I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt, as everyone has different tastes in gaming and allowed to like certain games more than the others.

....I stopped reading half way through because of the dumb arguements made.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

Now I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt, as everyone has different tastes in gaming and allowed to like certain games more than the others.

Let me guess, dude is a fan of Souls and is butthurt the series that is and never has been like Souls isn't more like Souls?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Speak for yourself Ray, but I found Hong Kong Massacre to scratch the itch Hotline Miami 2 lacked, but glad you found something like OXTO. I am interested in this game, because everyone gets health! Thank God! It's nice to see a top down shooter give the player and enemies actual health again, and not make everything a one hit kill!

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

Same, as it seemed like the definition of an arm chair critic who should just stfu.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I am absolutely devastated that all the Spider-man 2 videos are coming out already. I love this series, but I don't love it like 700 USD.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I am absolutely devastated that all the Spider-man 2 videos are coming out already. I love this series, but I don't love it like 700 USD.
Yeah, it's why I am holding off on getting the game immediately. I am hoping to use a combination of a gift card and Black Friday to take care of me. None of these need to cost $70 or the equivalent in foreign currency. The fact that not all major releases are at $70 on next-gen consoles, shows companies like Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, EA, Activision, and Ubisoft are full of shit and just greedy.

I won't even bother with PS+ anymore. $80 for a year? I don't think even the Black Friday sale will be worth it, unless they're charging $30 for a year. Once again, Sony lied their asses off about not charging for the next-generation (I wasn't surprised and called it), and they can completely fuck off.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Yeah, it's why I am holding off on getting the game immediately. I am hoping to use a combination of a gift card and Black Friday to take care of me. None of these need to cost $70 or the equivalent in foreign currency. The fact that not all major releases are at $70 on next-gen consoles, shows companies like Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, EA, Activision, and Ubisoft are full of shit and just greedy.

I won't even bother with PS+ anymore. $80 for a year? I don't think even the Black Friday sale will be worth it, unless they're charging $30 for a year. Once again, Sony lied their asses off about not charging for the next-generation (I wasn't surprised and called it), and they can completely fuck off.
I was specifically referring to the price of the PS5 still being inflated in my country, but yeah, the 70 USD price tag for games really hurts now. I just checked and Modern Warfare III on Steam is a full 42% more expensive than last gen titles in my region. The Spider-man PC port is 15% more expensive than if I had bought a PS4 copy on launch.

If this trend continues, I genuinely think I'll be playing only GamePass games and older games in a few years, and not solely by choice.

I was never one to buy games at launch, but my waiting period has just gotten way longer now methinks.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I was specifically referring to the price of the PS5 still being inflated in my country, but yeah, the 70 USD price tag for games really hurts now. I just checked and Modern Warfare III on Steam is a full 42% more expensive than last gen titles in my region. The Spider-man PC port is 15% more expensive than if I had bought a PS4 copy on launch.
Shit!

If this trend continues, I genuinely think I'll be playing only GamePass games and older games in a few years, and not solely by choice.
You will have done nothing wrong.

I was never one to buy games at launch, but my waiting period has just gotten way longer now methinks.
You hang in there, Bob! There is long waiting period for me too with certain games, but I know can handle it at this point, because there's always/already something better around the corner.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Okay, I now definitely believe some games are just too much for switch to handle in terms of graphics. I mean holy shit, the frame rate
If I ever show you my Switch library, you would see most of the games are either 2D or not graphics heavy. I don't know why NR even bothered. They'll skip PS4 and XONE X/S, but jump straight into the Switch just fine. If Capcom can get SF6 running on PS4 without any hiccups, then NR should be able to do the same.
For me it's the creepy stares. Also this
Looks like the game came out on early 360 with that screenshot.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

Okay, I now definitely believe some games are just too much for switch to handle in terms of graphics. I mean holy shit, the frame rate
I mean, what would it take for WB to realize they fucked up here. Maybe if every complaint turned into a bag of shit on their doorstep, it might sink in then.