Game Articles and Videos Thread

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I've already got it but I can't play the full release since there is sound weirdness for me. I can only really hear dialog voices and my guns, everything else is super quiet, like they are being played through surround sound speakers that don't work. Chapter 1 and 2 were pretty amazing though.
I remembered you already had it, but just wanted to mention Civvie reviewing it.

Thanks, I forgot to watch this after I got off from work. Looks a little too frenetic and fast-paced for me, sadly.
No worries. I really want this game to come out on consoles.

Reactions: Worgen

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines

Yeah, consider me underwhelmed. It just looks like a condensed version of Valhalla, which makes it automatically better, but not better enough to make me want to bother with this game.

This game just looks so fucking gamey. Specifically, mobile gamey. The enemy attacks, the UI, the way your sword glows because reasons. All feels so cheap.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Yeah, consider me underwhelmed. It just looks like a condensed version of Valhalla, which makes it automatically better, but not better enough to make me want to bother with this game.

This game just looks so fucking gamey. Specifically, mobile gamey. The enemy attacks, the UI, the way your sword glows because reasons. All feels so cheap.
Remember when some Ubisoft developers complain that elden ring has a "bad" UI, because it doesn't have enough crap on the screen? Once again we have another Ubisoft title with the generic Ubisoft stuff, aesthetics, and generic UI and heads up display.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012

I'd buy that for a dollar.

Sadly if its like the Terminator one, its probably releasing for like 70. But besides that it looks pretty decent, despite the overly played straight version instead of the crazy satire of the original film. (and maybe the jetpack and killer ninja androids will be DLC lol)

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
You know, I could dig a short, dense FPS adventure. Especially with Robocop wallpaper. That said, not much gameplay in this gameplay trailer.

I remember seeing a longer form of it though. IIRC It does the Deus Ex thing where theres little hubs between the actual shooting missions too. Where you do investigations and have to build public trust (or not) in Robocop and a bit of establishing his human side, so its not complete a pure FPS. Also I think they kind of mentioned that Robocop is basically "invincible until he's not" (like all the mooks mean nothing, but heavy weapons are horrible.... so the difficulty curve kind of whacck.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009

I remember seeing a longer form of it though. IIRC It does the Deus Ex thing where theres little hubs between the actual shooting missions too. Where you do investigations and have to build public trust (or not) in Robocop and a bit of establishing his human side, so its not complete a pure FPS. Also I think they kind of mentioned that Robocop is basically "invincible until he's not" (like all the mooks mean nothing, but heavy weapons are horrible.... so the difficulty curve kind of whacck.
Looks kinda neat, but the sound needs a lot of work and there is something creepy about playing a cop with a kill counter. I mean, doesn't even look like there is a way to make arrests and being an "invincible" walking tank kinda makes it seem like the challenge would be less than lethal take downs, instead of just headshots.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010

So long as I can shoot guy in the dick when they take hostage I'll be happy.

Also they could use more squibs, this is the movie that gave us this masterpiece.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Remember when some Ubisoft developers complain that elden ring has a "bad" UI, because it doesn't have enough crap on the screen?
"Your players will get bored if there's not some shiny thing onscreen every one and a half seconds! Then how are you going to get them to buy microtransactions?!"

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America