General Movies, Music, Web Show, and TV News Thread

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
Good to hear -

1. Yeah, I don't need fan service. It's cute, but the less fan service in the world the better.
  2. It was neat interlude to the film which is in a way a slow burn, I think it did the film justice where it was places to break up the monotony of linear story telling.
  3. Off-topic - I've often heard that Assassin’s Creed Valhalla was around the time that Assassin's creed hit rock bottom becoming just a treadmill of questing rather than storytelling. I've never played it. I had a buddy say it was good, but he's got much more of a tolerance for hamster wheel games.
  4. I think it's easily hand waived away by saying predator "appears" to have thermal vision, but we don't know that for a fact, we just know it sees in the thermal spectrum, but it's alien, it's visual interpretation of thermal energy could be vastly different than what we call thermal vision.
  5. Yeah..meh.
  6. I was a big fan of this predator either being a different clan and/or not as advanced as modern predators. I thought the changes were cool, it's also possible that they analyzed the technology level of earth and geared appropriately.
  7. looked great, thats all I can say.
  8. I think, maybe I'm exaggerating, but I can't emphasize enough how much practical location, cultural and people filming matter in films.I adored how much effort they made to treat Native American culture respectfully here.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines

Anyone else think this was a weird trailer? Maybe my audio is messed up or something, but I felt like the dialogue never matched up with the animation.

Still excited of course, I highly doubt this is representative of the final product.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Anyone else think this was a weird trailer? Maybe my audio is messed up or something, but I felt like the dialogue never matched up with the animation.

Still excited of course, I highly doubt this is representative of the final product.

Holy fucking shit, let go!

I didn't have any audio problems on my end. Maybe an encoding problem that just got fixed?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Fuck off, Crunchyroll. Rehire your actual translators and give them excellent pay on top of that! This part of the reason why I'll never subscribe, nor give them any money and time.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia

To be clear, I think Disney's Snow White film is going to bomb, but this is just getting silly.

Said it before and I'll say it again, if the Kirsten Stewart Snow White film or Once Upon a Time were released now, they'd be called "woke" as well.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

Lmao -

@shadowknight4880
6 hours ago
The great Napoleon once said: "If there's ever a movie made on my life, I want Joaquin Pheonix to play myself."

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

Well…yeah, kinda goes without saying that normal everyday speech doesn’t necessarily translate well for entertainment purposes.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
I think this counts for this thread. Basically a girl doxxed a guy, live, on stream, with millions of people watching, like going to his home and filming the outside of it with the address and everything. Why? Because he made a video mocking her for making videos that are just her watching the content of other people and not even crediting them. This is Youtube's response after a week or so of silence.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I think this counts for this thread. Basically a girl doxxed a guy, live, on stream, with millions of people watching, like going to his home and filming the outside of it with the address and everything. Why? Because he made a video mocking her for making videos that are just her watching the content of other people and not even crediting them. This is Youtube's response after a week or so of silence.

Forget money suspension; ban her ass!

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Forget money suspension; ban her ass!
The worst part is the more she is punished (however deservedly) the more she’ll probably retaliate, and his privacy is fucked as it is. Would not be surprised if his house gets egged at the very least before this dies down. Maybe YouTube should send him a surveillance camera.