Conflict between Palestine and Israel escalates

MrCalavera

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Country
Poland
Have you not been seeing the fawning support of pretty much anything that hamas does?
I've seen couple of those, early in the day, and they were often met with rebutals.I've seen waaay more unconditional support for Israel since, with disagreements being reflexively equated to antisemitism.
And on the other hand, lots of equating palestinians to wild animals, deserving to die regardless of affiliation.And not just from randos, but people with large audience and ifluence.

Last edited:

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
No. Where have you been looking?
The only social media I use its tumblr and some of the artists I follow are reblogging stuff and its all pro palistine/hamas stuff and some of it goes to exterminating the zionists and such. You would think that the palistines/hamas are just completely 100% victims fighting for freedom and isreal is 100% the evil doers who want to just genocide the browns. Its like everyone forgot about all the hamas suicide bombers back in the day that even got us Netanyahu in the 90s.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I've seen couple of those, early in the day, and they were often met with rebutals.
I've seen waaay more unconditional support for Israel since, with disagreements being reflexively equated to antisemitism.
And on the other hand, lots of equating palestinians to wild animals, deserving to die regardless of affiliation.
And not just from randos, but people with large audience and ifluence.
Might just have taken tumblr time to catch up, but right now I only see pro palistine/hamas there. Then again, I mainly follow artists and artist tend to be more left.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Might just have taken tumblr time to catch up, but right now I only see pro palistine/hamas there. Then again, I mainly follow artists and artist tend to be more left.
Are you by any chance conflating Palestine with Hamas there?

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Are you by any chance conflating Palestine with Hamas there?
No, not really, but the posters seem to kinda be doing that. Or ignoring that hamas is a thing and palestinians seem to support it pretty hard.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
No, not really, but the posters seem to kinda be doing that. Or ignoring that hamas is a thing and palestinians seem to support it pretty hard.
Out of morbid interest, can I see some examples? Names redacted is fine ofc.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
Hamas can die in a ditch.

I am however very concerned about the mountain of innocent Palestinian corpses that'll be piled up in the process of making it so.

Reactions: MrCalavera

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Out of morbid interest, can I see some examples? Names redacted is fine ofc.
Well, you have the weird product boycotts calls.

Using racist tiktocs to justify the strikes on civilians.

etc

Its not the worst, but its just kinda annoying that it totally ignores how messy the whole situation is, in favor of a binary good bad narrative.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA

etc

Its not the worst, but its just kinda annoying that it totally ignores how messy the whole situation is, in favor of a binary good bad narrative.
Have you seen the comments in this thread? Sean in particular...

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Have you seen the comments in this thread? Sean in particular...
No, haven't been keeping track of this thread much since its so long. But, considering who it is, I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom

etc

None of these constitute support for Hamas or terrorism. The poster doesn't justify strikes on civilians in any way, shape or form. That's complete misrepresentation.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
I going to take off my moral lens here, and argue that Israel's annexation of North Gaza, and Gaza City while morally shitty is a textbook case of offensive realism at play. All allies of Israel like the US are temporary in international relations(I would argue that rationale is true given Gen Z's support for Palestinians).

You are supposed to abuse your allies if the benefits outweigh the costs. The US didn't protect Israel in the six-day war like they did Kuwait or the Yom Kippur War. Israel is simply exploiting its temporary nuclear weapons edge, and US Support for more land like all offensive realists do.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
None of these constitute support for Hamas or terrorism. The poster doesn't justify strikes on civilians in any way, shape or form. That's complete misrepresentation.
The second one absolutely does.
1698542520144.png
That is justifying attacking civilians since service is mandatory, it also implies that all Israeli citizens are valid targets because of that and it seeks to other them as being "heartless colonizers." They are stupid but they are also too young to have done more then existed in isreal.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
The second one absolutely does.
View attachment 9953
That is justifying attacking civilians since service is mandatory, it also implies that all Israeli citizens are valid targets because of that and it seeks to other them as being "heartless colonizers." They are stupid but they are also too young to have done more then existed in isreal.
That an impressive stretch from what they actually said.

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
I going to take off my moral lens here, and argue that Israel's annexation of North Gaza, and Gaza City while morally shitty is a textbook case of offensive realism at play. All allies of Israel like the US are temporary in international relations(I would argue that rationale is true given Gen Z's support for Palestinians).
But Israel does not want to properly annex the Palestine territories because it doesn't want to grant the people living there citizenship. They do want territory. But only territory without people.

Reactions: BrawlMan