GRAND THEFT AUTO 6 OFFICIAL TRAILER (DECEMBER 2023)

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA

Think it will be for PS4 as well ?

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

Think it will be for PS4 as well ?

No way PS4, but that Mr Boss clickbait lol…maybe it would be better to redact the title into an official GTA6 thread and replace that with just this until the actual trailer launches -

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
This game will not be on PS4 or last generation consoles. The only game still coming to last generation consoles are either indie games, or games that don't require that much power to run on the older consoles. Nearly all of the big AAA stuff and many of the AA stuff are switching over to modern consoles now.

Reactions: gorfias

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
People going nuts over an announcement for a trailer. Fuck me, they've trained us so thoroughly.
I quickly scrolled through and half thought that the game was releasing in december, thinking to myself; damn, good on them to pull off such a surprise!....

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Between the stubborn insistence on clinging to the 2005 controls and the complete abandonment of the singleplayer game features in GTA 5 (only to sort of add them years later in Online, after buying a whole new version on the next gen, where most late era/cross gen games allowed an upgrade code) and the general gross monetization and grindfest that is GTA Online in itself...

WTF is anyone actually excited

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Side question: Are the banners for these dedicated type threads AI generated now? I actually don’t mind this one fwiw.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Honestly the only way I could be really interested would be if they tried something interesting with a massive country as a map with really well generated countryside/town (possibly using some good AI advance) and a few hand crafted main city. But I feel like old GTA, with a fun snarky single player, is dead and whatever they come up with will just be entirely focused on multiplayer, which I don't care for.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
No way PS4, but that Mr Boss clickbait lol…maybe it would be better to redact the title into an official GTA6 thread and replace that with just this until the actual trailer launches -

A great idea. I mostly posted this because (more below)...
and BTW: I just grabbed a screen capture from a Yahoo search for the banner.
This game will not be on PS4 or last generation consoles. The only game still coming to last generation consoles are either indie games, or games that don't require that much power to run on the older consoles. Nearly all of the big AAA stuff and many of the AA stuff are switching over to modern consoles now.

Rats. You're probably right. Long story short, I just gave my boy my PS4. I still have the PS4 Pro with an 8 TB external drive. I've been wit PS+ for 10 years and have hundreds of games on the thing. Gonna irk me to ultimately get the PS5 and have, like, 6 games at a time on it. And I've told the boy he doesn't need the PS5 for some time now. He loves CoD games and the next one is MW3 which will be for the PS4 and 5. He loves Madden as well. I'm thinking Madden will be for the PS4 for some time too. So, he's good for this year. Next? If he wants GTA 6? BTW: That 2nd video was hilarious!

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I still have the PS4 Pro with an 8 TB external drive. I've been wit PS+ for 10 years and have hundreds of games on the thing. Gonna irk me to ultimately get the PS5 and have, like, 6 games at a time on it.
You can hook up your 8TB external drive to the PS5, and it will still have all of your PS4 games installed on the drive. The external drive has to be plugged into the back of the PS5.

Reactions: Leg End and gorfias

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
You can hook up your 8TB external drive to the PS5, and it will still have all of your PS4 games installed on the drive. The external drive has to be plugged into the back of the PS5.
That makes the idea of getting one a lot more palatable, thanks!

Reactions: BrawlMan

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Though if the game was cross-gen, you usually have to get the PS5 version (though you should own it, for the most part it was all dual-sale) if you want the adaptive triggers (Idk why anyone would, but people initially raved about them, to me it just feels like the controllers broken) or the full HD/60 fps in a lot of cases.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Though if the game was cross-gen, you usually have to get the PS5 version (though you should own it, for the most part it was all dual-sale) if you want the adaptive triggers (Idk why anyone would, but people initially raved about them, to me it just feels like the controllers broken) or the full HD/60 fps in a lot of cases.
Wow, that is the 1st I've read of someone that didn't love the new controllers. It was a primary feature that made me interested in the system though it came with the warning: will developers even make use of it.
I have a Wii U. The demo videos include people flicking virtual throwing stars at targets on a TV screen. To my knowledge, never really followed up upon. Just got the Meta Quest 3. Mixed Reality: It scanned my office and then I saw my walls and ceiling being busted into by virtual critters I could "shoot". Very real likelyhood no follow up on that either. But I'm amazed: you really didn't love the haptic feed back!

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
Idk, maybe it’s the years of RS screwing over the playerbase, but I am skeptical on whether it really is gonna be GTA 6.

They said the next GTA game, and not the next sequel. So it could be a remake or another attempt at “Definitive” Edition with other GTA games

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Idk, maybe it’s the years of RS screwing over the playerbase, but I am skeptical on whether it really is gonna be GTA 6.

They said the next GTA game, and not the next sequel. So it could be a remake or another attempt at “Definitive” Edition with other GTA games
People would riot lol. No way they make this big a deal of something, timing it with their 25th anniversary, and then just say, “Hey, who wants another shitty remaster‽”

Reactions: FakeSympathy

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
People would riot lol. No way they make this big a deal of something, timing it with their 25th anniversary, and then just say, “Hey, who wants another shitty remaster‽”
I mean it's not the first time they pissed people off, and each time they pretty much said "Eh, whatever. You fucks will give us money anywway!"

Speaking of which, if it really is GTA 6, I definitely believe shark cards will be included, and all the stuff unlocked in GTA 5 online won't carry over.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
I mean it's not the first time they pissed people off, and each time they pretty much said "Eh, whatever. You fucks will give us money anywway!"

Speaking of which, if it really is GTA 6, I definitely believe shark cards will be included, and all the stuff unlocked in GTA 5 online won't carry over.
It wouldn’t surprise me, but something tells me there’d be blowback if it was literally *online only*. This franchise is too big and a lot of people (probably still the majority who’ve ever boughten it) only play for the story. I’m guessing they’ll still release the single player part of the game first like GTAV/RDR2, then within half a year turn on the servers for GTAO. Time will tell though.

Reactions: FakeSympathy