They fired the Escapist's editor, and the video team, Yahtzee resigns

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
As to likes and upvotes and the like, we don't even allow that either. We think that, at best, such a system is utterly pointless and contributes nothing to the discussion or the community.
Like I said before, most forums either don't have the system or likes only. Sanctuary doesn't have the like system at all, so you're not special in that regard either.
Yes, it is. See my point above on the current extremism of this day and age caused by broken as hell social media systems that we've been slowly conditioned to accept along with corrupt corporations and news media almost acting in tandem. Communications in this world is mostly thoroughly broken. Critical thinking is now no longer practiced effectively by the general population (even though they would all say they do practice it I'm sure.) A site like Sanctuary is now no longer a simple luxury, it is a necessity.
Once again, your *precious* site is another forum that thinks it's the last bastion/savior of "freedom and free and critical thinking". You're not, and that is nothing more than arrogance and a savior/messiah complex. For all your talks about how you're not in charge there anymore nor visit much anymore, you might as well never had left. @bluegate is right, you've made this site part of your whole identity and nothing else. You are a slave to it and its, "oh, so important", memes.
I'll forward this last response of his and leave it at that. If you wish to fight this out all the way, you can go to the Sanctuary forums and make a thread about it with the guest account. (You don't need to log in. Just go to Spurious Generalities and post a thread there.)
No. I won't be doing either, and I won't read Houseman's shitty quote. It doesn't take much effort to figure out he's lying, shifting blame, making excuses, and bringing in shit that nothing to do with anything. I am not wasting braincells on the dumb ass. The fact you're taking his words, or at least trying to be "fair" with him, shows you're not the special genius and critical thinker you claim to be. The evidence of his wrong doings are already on the Escapist forum. Check anything from 2020-2021, just before he got banned in 2021.

The 10 years isn't to show that "OMG Sanctuary is so old" (although actually, it's MUCH older than that if you count all of our predecessor sites) but simply to have it be shown that we aren't going anywhere.
Good for you, so are many other forums that have been around longer. I couldn't give a shit.
And bluegate and Signa have also started posting again on the Sanctuary forums. Just sayan.
And there it is: the "I'm just saying excuse" shit I was just talking about. You don't speak for @bluegate. Signa I don't know who they are, but you don't speak for them either. If the case is true for the latter, than that is their choice to make, and only them. You have nothing to do with it.
Don't mistake my one-off post in your forum's child rape thread for an indication of further participation in conversations on Sanctuary.
And there we go. Thanks blue-man.

As for the rest Arnoxthe1, I will never join Sanctuary and that is final. I don't want to hear any overly long explanations nor diatribes on what the forum site has over others, and how "it's the most different and special forum in da wooorrrrrrlllllllldddddddddd!!!!". I am not interested nor will I ever be. Nor are most others on the Escapists. Especially one that caters to a dumb ass loser such as Houseman. The site definitely didn't make him better, nor curb down his more negative qualities and attitudes. He's still the same asshole he was before, but ever worse now. I am tired talking about this site and him, and I am moving on. Don't bother responding, if you have nothing useful to bring up

Last edited:

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Nick Calandra shared a link to a YouTube video on the discord, which he thought did an excellent job of summarizing the situation:
They need half an hour to say the new owners were morons with unrealistic expectations, treated Nick badly and sacked him when he couldn't perform miracles and everyone else decided to drop the mic and follow him?

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
They need half an hour to say the new owners were morons with unrealistic expectations, treated Nick badly and sacked him when he couldn't perform miracles and everyone else decided to drop the mic and follow him?
Well, they also came with examples of earlier similar instances, like Cracked and CollegeHumor. And they talked with more detail of how parent companies view the companies they own.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
TL;DW:
Well, they also came with examples of earlier similar instances, like Cracked and CollegeHumor. And they talked with more detail of how parent companies view the companies they own.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Not just our current one; every functional legal system in modern history. I'm not saying that anyone should be taking cues from them, I'm just pointing out that when you said rules must at least be objectively provable, that certainly isn't true. It's actually borderline untenable, unless you want to end up permitting some pretty egregious behaviour.
I don't really have an answer for you regarding this as this is something I haven't really thought about yet. It's a big subject that covers a ton of areas. I'll have to get back to you on that one.

I am tired talking about this site and him, and I am moving on. Don't bother responding, if you have nothing useful to bring up
Well, that's good because I'm getting tired of talking about this with you too. Do you have anything sensible to offer besides just vitriol and "NANANANA I'M NOT LISTENING"? It's rather ironic that we're supposed to be the ones who are the rude and uncivilized ones, but I've never had more hostile and dumb responses directed at me anywhere else compared to the current Escapist forums. (Well, actually no. Reddit wins that little contest instead I suppose.)

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Do you have anything sensible to offer besides
Yeah, I don't care. You haven't offered shit other than how much more enlightened (not really) Sanctuary is than everyone else. So stop wasting mine and everyone else's time. If it such a paradise up there, then I don't know why your so focused on trying to convince me, and more so trying to convince yourself and seek self-validation for your choices. Just stay there and have all the fun you want. No one is stopping you. I sure as hell can't, nor would waste my time doing so. So get over it, and deal with it.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I was already on topic to begin with, Phoenix. That was Arnoxthe1 who went off-topic and kept bringing up Sanctuary in the first place. You once again did absolutely nothing, jumped in, and didn't add to conversation at all. Learn to pay attention next time.

Fyi, Yathzee's new thing premiering this wednesday
Excellent news. Thank you @Chimpzy. Now we're getting into good shit.

Last edited:

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Funny enough, there were reviewers harsher on HS than Yahtzee. Before and after the fact.
I really like Heavenly Sword, like it was all over the place tonally but for some reason I liked Nariko and Kai. And the villains were all played by actors who read their scripts and went “Oh, it’s THAT kind of role. Let me limber up to start milking the giant cow” and went hog wild with it.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
it was all over the place tonally but for some reason I liked Nariko and Kai.
You're not the only one. People have been pairing those two for over a decade now.

I personally thought HS was okay, but nothing to get me to play it again. It's better than some GoW clones, but it's not much of a milestone. I still say HS and it's second spiritual successor, Hellblade, are Ninja Theory's best stories and characters.