Funny events in anti-woke world

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Wilders is just Trump 2.0 and doing a play by play.
Uh no. Wilders predates Trump by decades. If anything the American far right took inspiration from him rather than the other way around. And despite being awful Wilders at least has something resembling redeeming traits. Unlike Trump Wilders is a gifted politician, is a very strong debater and actually seems driven to do the job rather than just wanting the title and the money that comes with it.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Uh no. Wilders predates Trump by decades. If anything the American far right took inspiration from him rather than the other way around. And despite being awful Wilders at least has something resembling redeeming traits. Unlike Trump Wilders is a gifted politician, is a very strong debater and actually seems driven to do the job rather than just wanting the title and the money that comes with it.
Still an asshole shifting blame and using people until they're no longer needed or rant out of use. Same difference as far as I'm concerned, aside from Wilders predating Trump.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
'We want easy answers and we'll step over the corpses of others to get them. Oh, those easy answers didn't solve anything... Let's follow those easy answers over there that require us to step over even more corpses - I'm sure this time they'll fix all our problems!'
Thus is the cycle of populism. Promise that everyone's problems will go away once we get rid of "those people"; when "those people" are gone and the problems are still there, find more of "those people" to blame. Otherwise you'd have to give up power, and who wants to do that?

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Though one could say that's more Dutch politics versus American politics, rather than Wilders' integrity. I'm not an expert by any means but there's not that much money or power to be made from being a politician in the Netherlands compared to the US.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Thus is the cycle of populism. Promise that everyone's problems will go away once we get rid of "those people"; when "those people" are gone and the problems are still there, find more of "those people" to blame. Otherwise you'd have to give up power, and who wants to do that?
Not to mention, as long as you can pin it all on someone else, you don't have to look closer to home for the source of your problems.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

Please be a psych-op Please be a psych-op Please be a psych-op Please be a psych-op Please be a psych-op Please be a psych-op Please be a psych-op

I am so embarrassed right now. First, as someone originally from there, I hate this, and second as someone who is a US citizen I am hoping this isn't real for the 2024 elections. Imagine the attack ads by the right.

Fox News: Biden gives China 900 billion with rampant inflation.

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
Please be a psych-op Please be a psych-op Please be a psych-op Please be a psych-op Please be a psych-op Please be a psych-op Please be a psych-op

I am so embarrassed right now. First, as someone originally from there, I hate this, and second as someone who is a US citizen I am hoping this isn't real for the 2024 elections. Imagine the attack ads by the right.

Wasn't it a feature of the US constitution that the prosident has very little power over money ? As far as i understand as a quite removed foreigner, such a 900 billion bailout would need to be passed by or with the Republicans. And this is only one of many reasons why it could not happen. Among them that Biden has utterly no reason to do it.

And China has enough people who know that, so i am more than abit sceptical that they asked.

If it is not completely untrue, it is probably severely misrepresented. He might have asked for "investment", encouraging private companies to go back to china again.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008

Despite the fact that the mainland China economic crisis had become significant and intense from at least 2015, Xi had taken virtually no steps to contain or correct it. Then, almost simultaneously with the charm offensive toward the US, the Xi Administration began some timid steps toward reversing its anti-private sector policies and promised unspecified support for private business in mainland China. This followed a xenophobically maoist policy, over the past decade, of containing private enterprise and attempting to push the economy under the domination of the state-owned enterprises (SOEs). The sudden volte-face by Xi, typical of his behavior since the October 2022 Party Congress at which he disposed of almost all of his visible opponents, highlighted more than ever his instability and, now, his increasing desperation as it has become clear that the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) was patently unready and unprepared to execute Xi’s proposed military takeover of the Republic of China (ROC) on Taiwan.
For some reason, I'm not inclined to agree with this man.

Historian, author, and strategic analyst — and onetime industrialist — Gregory R. Copley, who was born in 1946, has for almost five decades worked at the highest levels with various governments around the world, advising on national security, intelligence, and national management issues
Can't put my finger on it.
🤔

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Though one could say that's more Dutch politics versus American politics, rather than Wilders' integrity. I'm not an expert by any means but there's not that much money or power to be made from being a politician in the Netherlands compared to the US.
To some extend that's true but I also think Baudet's rather close to Trump's mentality. Unlike Wilders who's a political animal Baudet clearly hates being a politician and barely shows up in Parliament. Baudet just wants to position so the country is forced to take his third rate pseudo philosophy seriously.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
The article is undoubtedly full of shit - the idea that the USA is going to hand China a $1 trillion bailout is frankly unhinged. (Or if the USA did, it would come with some truly gargantuan concessions from China.)

Nevertheless, at root there is some reality that things are not going particularly well in China (e.g. slowdown, real estate collapse) and this is not good for Xi's chances of retaining popularity and power. Consequently, it is plausible that China has become a lot more interested in dampening down hostility and encouraging trade links with the USA for the moment.

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
To some extend that's true but I also think Baudet's rather close to Trump's mentality. Unlike Wilders who's a political animal Baudet clearly hates being a politician and barely shows up in Parliament. Baudet just wants to position so the country is forced to take his third rate pseudo philosophy seriously.
He's more of a politician than Baudet, but to call him a political animal... If he was would most of his debate strategy consist of name calling, and nearly all of his policies sole purpose be to whip up those, to say it kindly, quick to anger? He's pretty much Baudet from the "pure islamophobia" era, whereas Baudet himself is the more modern conspiracy nut.

And I'm assuming that Baudet doesn't show himself much in parliament anymore due to his party collapsing.

Last edited:
Reactions: bluegate

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
A funny event in Dutch anti woke world is the stance of the Farmers party(or rather the agricultural industry party) towards Wilders. They unironically say about working with Wilders

''I can excuse racism, but I draw the line at protection for animals''

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
A funny event in Dutch anti woke world is the stance of the Farmers party(or rather the agricultural industry party) towards Wilders. They unironically say about working with Wilders

''I can excuse racism, but I draw the line at protection for animals''
For more than two millions voters it's pretty much just 'I can excuse racism'.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
The article is undoubtedly full of shit - the idea that the USA is going to hand China a $1 trillion bailout is frankly unhinged. (Or if the USA did, it would come with some truly gargantuan concessions from China.)

Nevertheless, at root there is some reality that things are not going particularly well in China (e.g. slowdown, real estate collapse) and this is not good for Xi's chances of retaining popularity and power. Consequently, it is plausible that China has become a lot more interested in dampening down hostility and encouraging trade links with the USA for the moment.
I can certainly agree possibly with the broad strokes. China is having an economic slow down and a housing crisis. But this guy is making it sound like the apocalypse is coming for Xi's ass and stopped just short of calling for nuking the yellow menace. At the point where you're calling the modern CCP a bunch of anti-industrial Maoists, you've lost the thread. I'd sooner believe he, a friend of his, or whoever's paying him got burned by Chinese racism and got their company locked out in China.

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must

Can't put my finger on it.
🤔
An oilprice editorial that ain't a forwarded anonymously-authored zerohedge article does inform in other ways. Like the author's love of hierarchies and recent-ish book on expanding the definition of war to include people trying to engagie in the basic process of democracy lol.

This list in itself is not particularly controversial. After all, there have been wars, civil wars, and insurgencies since the dawn of human civilization. However, Copley, president of the International Strategic Studies Association (ISSA), emphasizes that the grassroots nature of the new total war involves the mobilization of identity groups based on demographics that may act independently of state structures or may act as a high-pressure force for bending state structures to their will. He contends that whereas 20th century wars have been largely dominated by the state, social groups among the population will dominate the conduct of the new total war in the 21st century.

“There is one purpose to war as a strategic competition, and that is the imposition of will upon your opponent and also the imposition of will upon your own society,” Copley says. “The reality is you want an outcome, and the outcome is you want to win. You want to control the geography, resources, wealth, and power.”

1701031484223.png

(if this guy ain't involved in some international modern slavery scheme, I'll convert to whatever bullshit religion you want me to 🙆)

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
So the Dutch povit toward a far right cabinet has started just super. Gom van Strien, the guy who was supposed to help form the new coalition has bowed out due to alligations of fraude. Good job.

Also, because the PVV is pretty much just Geert Wilders a lot of dutchies, myself included, have very little knowledge of who else is actually in that party, and will become a minister. Well, one is a literal carnie.