GRAND THEFT AUTO 6 OFFICIAL TRAILER (DECEMBER 2023)

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Past GTA trailers are trending heavily it seems, so this might be interesting to compare them all with whatever we see tomorrow.

Reactions: gorfias

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
12 years for a new GTA? Glad I lost interest in the franchise in between IV and V. Hope the wait was worth it for the rest of you.
It is at the very least, look intriguing to me. The social satire is still on point, especially how everything is on tiktok for some clout points

Reactions: gorfias

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
It is at the very least, look intriguing to me. The social satire is still on point, especially how everything is on tiktok for some clout points
It's a good trailer, don't get me wrong, but I can't even bother to get excited. I will say the satire does look more interesting than what was offered on GTAV. All I know is my older brother won't shut up about the game coming out in 2 years, and how he'll complain about how it should be out sooner.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I will bet money the game ends with the player having to choose which of the two characters dies.

Not a wild prediction, they've been doing variations of that since GTA IV. I imagine it'll come with a twist.

Reactions: Leg End
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
I will bet money the game ends with the player having to choose which of the two characters dies.

Not a wild prediction, they've been doing variations of that since GTA IV. I imagine it'll come with a twist.
No worries. There will be a special shark card available for $6 to bring them back from the dead in the epilogue.

Joking aside, it's nice there appears to still be a dedicated story mode. A revamped GTAO will surely follow, if not bundled outright.

Reactions: Johnny Novgorod

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
You can hook up your 8TB external drive to the PS5, and it will still have all of your PS4 games installed on the drive. The external drive has to be plugged into the back of the PS5.
That makes the idea of getting one a lot more palatable, thanks!
Don't forget that you can use the same drive to put PS5 games on *for storage and transfer back to internal SSD only*. Faster than downloading, usually.

Be sure to get an SSD external to keep load times quick if you plan on playing those games directly from it -

To what I've seen, an SSD for the task is not really worth the price. PS4 games load and run pretty fast on an HDD on the PS5 and even installing them to the internal drive doesn't help a lot of games. But if you *are* going that route, you can snag 4TB M.2 drives for the PS5 now for like, $170-190 range depending on what you're grabbing. $210 if they've sold out of the more common stuff. Get the full stupid insane drive speed not limited to USB.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
OH MY GAAAAAAAWD... it looks like Grand Theft Auto.
Not gonna lie, that's basically what I feel now. I haven't played a GTA game... ever, really. Besides 30 minute mindless sessions on my friend's PS2.

Nothing about the franchise is particularly appealing to me. I don't like open world games where there isn't a fun traversal mechanic, or being a criminal, or third person shooters that don't put any real effort into their gunplay.

I don't wanna put down people who enjoy the games, I just really don't understand the appeal. I will say the new story actually looks pretty promising, the characters in V seemed annoying and were the main reason I stayed away.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I will say the new story actually looks pretty promising, the characters in V seemed annoying and were the main reason I stayed away.
Oh, you have no idea. Every character, and I mean every fucking character in GTA5 was just a giant shitface, and the game pushed it so hard like it was the coolest and funniest shit. As much as I had issues with Red Dead Redemption 2, even character wise, it at least had characters that didn't make me wanna set myself on fire.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Don't forget that you can use the same drive to put PS5 games on *for storage and transfer back to internal SSD only*. Faster than downloading, usually.

To what I've seen, an SSD for the task is not really worth the price. PS4 games load and run pretty fast on an HDD on the PS5 and even installing them to the internal drive doesn't help a lot of games. But if you *are* going that route, you can snag 4TB M.2 drives for the PS5 now for like, $170-190 range depending on what you're grabbing. $210 if they've sold out of the more common stuff. Get the full stupid insane drive speed not limited to USB.
I was more thinking about any extra PS5 games that wouldn’t fit on the internal, but yeah there’s also the USB bottleneck to consider.

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
Not going like I put GTA in the rear since I got GTA V for the 360 holy shit remember it dropped for the that.

This trailer just had me go about damn time.

From the trailer I can guess they needed the decade plus for technology to advance enough to get proper twerk physics right.

Rockstar I forgive you.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Not going like I put GTA in the rear since I got GTA V for the 360 holy shit remember it dropped for the that.
Um, wut…

This trailer just had me go about damn time.
That’s a yup.

From the trailer I can guess they needed the decade plus for technology to advance enough to get proper twerk physics right.

Rockstar I forgive you.
They went from horse nuts to big butts.

Yeah I stole that from this Reddit.

Also, Strange Man up’s the ante -

Last edited:

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
The cynicism is strong in here, but expected. Gamers aren't anything if not a jaded, insatiable bunch for whom "coulda, woulda, shoulda" is the rallying cry with every announcement, product unseen and untested.

Say what you will, but a new GTA excites me more than any other game announced/released in a long time. A GTA game is an event unlike most others. They're known for worlds that just beg to be scrutinized and appreciated for the finest and whimsical of details, and they are fun to fuck around in with wacky characters and situations that are just a gaming joy, the kind of fun I've missed in video gaming for years. This will be the console seller for me. I've been hemming and hawing over upgrading from my pathetic Xbox One for years now, and with GTA6 on a reasonable horizon, I will likely bite the bullet and buy a new console sooner rather than later.

I'd have preferred a new, unexpected location, but knowing Rockstar, they can make the familiar feel fresh, new, and worth another look and explorative journey. This will be a fun romp, and I personally can't wait. It feels good to feel some excitement surrounding one of my favorite pastimes for the first time since forever finally.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

@Xprimentyl best to just ignore the Series S option on this one lol. It’ll be a miracle if it isn’t another Switch-like situation with Arkham and MK1.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States

@Xprimentyl best to just ignore the Series S option on this one lol. It’ll be a miracle if it isn’t another Switch-like situation with Arkham and MK1.

Series S was never an option; I was either going Series X (given 90% of my gaming has been on an Xbox since the OG back in the early 2000s) or a PS5.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
The cynicism is strong in here, but expected. Gamers aren't anything if not a jaded, insatiable bunch for whom "coulda, woulda, shoulda" is the rallying cry with every announcement, product unseen and untested.

Say what you will, but a new GTA excites me more than any other game announced/released in a long time. A GTA game is an event unlike most others. They're known for worlds that just beg to be scrutinized and appreciated for the finest and whimsical of details, and they are fun to fuck around in with wacky characters and situations that are just a gaming joy, the kind of fun I've missed in video gaming for years. This will be the console seller for me. I've been hemming and hawing over upgrading from my pathetic Xbox One for years now, and with GTA6 on a reasonable horizon, I will likely bite the bullet and buy a new console sooner rather than later.

I'd have preferred a new, unexpected location, but knowing Rockstar, they can make the familiar feel fresh, new, and worth another look and explorative journey. This will be a fun romp, and I personally can't wait. It feels good to feel some excitement surrounding one of my favorite pastimes for the first time since forever finally.
Nobody is telling you you shouldn't be excited, and nobody is going to tell me I should be excited neither. 🤷‍♂️

I can see the money this game will have, just as I did with Red Dead Redemption 2 and GTA5, and that in and of itself is unique and will lead to impressive results. No other game in the industry has the budget to splurge on their games the way that Rockstar has - even after 5 years you can just sense the money pouring out of ever corner of RDR2 - but beyond that I can't say these games have ever had too much to offer me.

The one thing that kinda peaks my curiosity with this game is that Dan Houser isn't the lead writer on it, at least I don't think so since he left Rockstar in 2020. And seeing how he's put his signature on nearly all of Rockstar's ouput, it'd be interesting what this new game will feel like without his writing.

Reactions: Xprimentyl