Conflict between Palestine and Israel escalates

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
They surely aren't coordinated, there are many conflicting accounts being reported on most of these events.
On some incidents there are conflicting reports. On plenty, there are consistent and corroborated reports. Your approach would require enormous coordinated global conspiracy.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
I'm not disappointed many left wing voices are so fervently anti Israel. I think that position gets more and more justified each and every day. The Israeli army is only barely not outright genocidal and the extreme violence they employ is as cruel as its counterproductive.

What I am disappointed with is that they're selective with it. A lot of leftist voices rightfully shaming Israel for doing this were also the one glorifying Russia for its illegal war in Ukraine because America bad.

So are they this critical of Israel because the actions of its army are horrid, or are they just critical because its an American ally doing it against an American enemy? That said I think a lot more centrist voices with the right take on Ukraine are also very hesitant to condemn Israel for things they rightfully condemn Russia for.

Reactions: Satinavian and Kwak

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
I'm not disappointed many left wing voices are so fervently anti Israel. I think that position gets more and more justified each and every day. The Israeli army is only barely not outright genocidal and the extreme violence they employ is as cruel as its counterproductive.

What I am disappointed with is that they're selective with it. A lot of leftist voices rightfully shaming Israel for doing this were also the one glorifying Russia for its illegal war in Ukraine because America bad.

So are they this critical of Israel because the actions of its army are horrid, or are they just critical because its an American ally doing it against an American enemy? That said I think a lot more centrist voices with the right take on Ukraine are also very hesitant to condemn Israel for things they rightfully condemn Russia for.
For the record, there are lefty voices like Vaush that condemn both.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”

- Malcolm X
They are correct about the ADL, Israel, the Azov battalion, etc.. But wrong on Ukraine, if we don't send weapons to Ukraine more Ukrainian deaths will occur from Russian hypersonic weapons strikes.

The funny thing about US hatred of combat exp people is that they assume that if you join the US military or various police forces which is the only US-allowed combat exp given US citizens who joined the Kurds in Iraq were attacked by the US government you will have a decent chance of being loyal to the US vs being a malcontent like me.

They don't want the Spanish Civil War to occur again which is logical.

Reactions: Satinavian

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008

Honestly I see more condemnation of both from the left, as long as you stay out of the Tanky Zone.

Reactions: Satinavian

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
I'm not disappointed many left wing voices are so fervently anti Israel. I think that position gets more and more justified each and every day
It was adequately justified in 1948.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America

"After October 7, instead of urging people to go south, we should direct them to the beaches. The Navy can transport them to the shores of Lebanon, where there are already sufficient refugee camps. Then, a security strip should be established from the sea to the Gaza border fence, completely empty, as a reminder of what was once there. It should resemble the Auschwitz concentration camp," he said in an interview with Ben Caspit and Yinon Magal.

"Tell everyone in Gaza to go to the beaches. Navy ships should load the terrorists onto the shores of Lebanon. The entire Gaza Strip should be emptied and leveled flat, just like in Auschwitz. Let it become a museum, showcasing the capabilities of the State of Israel and dissuading anyone from living in the Gaza Strip. This is what must be done To give them a visual representation.
Very healthy society coming up with proposals like this. Flatten everything, make it a monument to our brutality! Then they'll see. They'll all see! 🤪

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

@Raydaruckuz
1 day ago
The propaganda is that strong especially when virtually the entire establishment combining political, media, and the dispensationalist Christian church all plays a huge part. Its creates a kneejerk emotional response that just cant cut through on certain people

Roger-go6jc
14 hours ago
In 1982 I am a Christian travelling around India with a bunch of Armenians and a Palestinian. I loved the times we spent together. It was hard for the Iranian Armenians as the Ayatollah was making life hard for them. And the Palestinian was nervous about things going bad for his people. Before the Palestinian left to defend his people back home we had a big argument where he ended with “You know nothing!!”…and he was right. I came from a background of being defensive towards the Jew and their prior traumas.

I am still a Christian 41 years later. Now I look at Matthew 5,1-12 and wonder how Israel could lose itself so terribly. The empathy towards these Muslim brothers and sisters that are sacred souls before them is lost in their blindness.

A Jewish Rabbi leader came out with the same above comment about Israel, and how they have forgotten and lost the path to humanity and God. I wish I could go back 41 years to that Palestinian and hug him, call him brother, and say Yes, you are right.

@thinkbeforeyoutype7106
1 day ago
"The biggest insult to the memory of the holocaust is not denying it but using it as an excuse to justify the genocide of the Palestinian people." - Norman Finkelstein

Last edited:

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020

Israeli-born Omer Bartov is one of the world's most esteemed experts on genocide: the Samuel Pisar Professor of Holocaust and Genocide Studies at Brown University, he's written several acclaimed books on the Shoah and Nazism.

Here he warns ethnic cleansing is under way in Gaza - and warns: "ethnic cleansing often deteriorates into genocide because people don't want to move, and so in order to encourage them to move, you kill them."