General Gaming News.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Fuck cancer. Always taking out the decent folk while the shitheels live to see 100

Reactions: BrawlMan

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
very sad news today

Aw, this one kind of hurts. Max Payne's voice was (the actual proper definition of) iconic; McCaffrey nailed the film-noir style of the game and the world-weary personality of the character. I admit to never having played the third game, but the first two wouldn't have been the same without him.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Opened up my Steam app this AM and got a message offering to show me what I've been up to in 2023. Showed what I've played, achievements and more.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Opened up my Steam app this AM and got a message offering to show me what I've been up to in 2023. Showed what I've played, achievements and more.
It’s a cool summary but Steam falls behind PlayStation for making a nice shareable summary for it. They give three different picture options that all contain a fraction of the details, and then the fucking thing doesn’t even save properly in a viewable format anyways. At least not for me.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
It’s a cool summary but Steam falls behind PlayStation for making a nice shareable summary for it. They give three different picture options that all contain a fraction of the details, and then the fucking thing doesn’t even save properly in a viewable format anyways. At least not for me.
Can confirm that my Steam report says that I've played some games this year. According to steam I played 66 games on steam this year which is nonsense. I play a lot of games but there is no way I played 66 different titles on Steam alone. That's just crazy talk.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA

Microsoft and poor console sales. That's a shocker.
I still have the Xbox 1X and have not moved up but I do hope for MS to have good sales: Sony needs the competition or they'll get lazy and consumers will pay the price. I did play the Series X at a relative's house and it is a very nice system for those who could use a high end system.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
FYI: I think Epic may be doing that game a day giveaway during the next 10 days. It's Wednesday 11/20 and I got one. Another is available tomorrow.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I found out about the Insomniac leak yesterday. I am so sick of these hackers messing things up and ruining people's lives. Putting out the employees' personal information is a big step too far. Leave people the hell alone and go about your life. Go after the student loan debt companies or something if you're going to do all that. Or is that too difficult for you and you're all pussies?

Out of respect for the developers, I won't look at any of them.

Last edited:

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

Normally, I would say this sounds like a solid plan. But this is Bethesda we're talking about
  • The fact that city map wasn't even in the game in the first place. Granted, the maps in skyrim/fo4 sucked, but they were there
  • Does new way to travel mean more fast-travel? Or at least something that replaces walking everywhere
  • More ship customization actually do sound nice.
  • I'm willing to bet the new difficulty setting is the classic survival mode that we've seen in skyrim/fo4.
  • The fact that the game didn't have an official mod support in the first place, and the first thing they can think of to implement is to use the premium shop
  • I'm sure the story expansion is gonna be great! I mean it's not like previous expansions were mediocre /s

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
I found out about the Insomniac leak yesterday. I am do sick of these hackers messing things up and ruining people's lives. Putting out the employees personal information is a big step too far. Leave people the hell alone and go about your life. Go after the student loan debt companies or something if you're going to do all that. Or is that too difficult for you and you're all pussies?

Out of respect for the developers, I won't look at any of them.
Some people on twitter and reddit are already bashing on Insomniac based on the leaked alpha gameplay footage of certain games. Like WTF it's called ALPHA for a reason. It's a work in progress. Still in development. Do these morons don't realize things are subject to change? As in, they are suject to be more fleshed out by the time of release or changed altogether?

And of course, these people do not give two shits about how those hard-working employees just had their personal info leaked. You would think they would be more sympathetic with such sensitive info being leaked. No? just give them shade for work in progress? Okay, sure

Last edited:

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Yes, they are. Daily until the 4th, afaik.
Hee hee, marked my calendar with a daily 1 min. reminder to check it out each day. Doubt they'll be giving away Hogwart's Legacy or Baldur's Gate 3 which are on my radar. I'll keep an eye on their pricing.

I keep hearing great things about Hogwart's Legacy. Not sure if it is for me, but I've purchased a ton that sits on my pile of shame if I don't get into it any way. What's one more :)

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

Normally, I would say this sounds like a solid plan. But this is Bethesda we're talking about
  • The fact that city map wasn't even in the game in the first place. Granted, the maps in skyrim/fo4 sucked, but they were there
  • Does new way to travel mean more fast-travel? Or at least something that replaces walking everywhere
  • More ship customization actually do sound nice.
  • I'm willing to bet the new difficulty setting is the classic survival mode that we've seen in skyrim/fo4.
  • The fact that the game didn't have an official mod support in the first place, and the first thing they can think of to implement is to use the premium shop
  • I'm sure the story expansion is gonna be great! I mean it's not like previous expansions were mediocre /s
Mods would have already done this, except modders even got bored of Starfield and are not bothering to mod the game because there is no passion in it.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I keep hearing great things about Hogwart's Legacy. Not sure if it is for me, but I've purchased a ton that sits on my pile of shame if I don't get into it any way. What's one more :)
Never played but from what I've heard it's great if you're a Potter fan, meh if you're not.

Reactions: gorfias