Funny events in anti-woke world

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
The Houthis are a death cult. If your first idea as a civilian in the Middle East which is the region with lots of food importers is yes let's have World War 3, and let's make my country a battleground between the US, NATO, Japan, etc. vs Russia, China, Iran, etc. You are either an idiot or you are in a death cult. There is no third option.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Open question for all the Americans: how do you feel about implementing a Single Transferrable Vote or Preferential Voting system in the US? Like they already have in the House vote in Alaska.

I've watched CGP Grey's videos on the subject and am positive but it's possible I've missed something vital that people that live in the country can point to.
The thing about us Americans is that we prefer politics to resemble pro sports as closely as possible. Two teams, with one clear winner and one clear loser. Anything more complex makes us confused and angry.

Reactions: bluegate

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Open question for all the Americans: how do you feel about implementing a Single Transferrable Vote or Preferential Voting system in the US? Like they already have in the House vote in Alaska.

I've watched CGP Grey's videos on the subject and am positive but it's possible I've missed something vital that people that live in the country can point to.
It's a great idea that will never happen because ideologues hate it with a passion

Reactions: Bedinsis

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008

Representative democracy is a sham and liberalism is a spook.

Memes aside, it'd be a nice step forward and would help break the stranglehold of vote by fear that party insiders love. And people love it.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Well no, there's also all the evidence.
As always, speak for yourself please. You only cause yourself trouble trying to step in between, when we both know you have no interest in defending the person you're now in the position of defending.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
The thing about us Americans is that we prefer politics to resemble pro sports as closely as possible. Two teams, with one clear winner and one clear loser. Anything more complex makes us confused and angry.
Do you share this collective opinion or what do you think?

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America

Republican and Democrat politicians don't want it, so if we want it to happen it is necessary to get rid of them first.

The USA, de facto, enters every presidential election (and a large number of congressional and senatorial races) with a de facto choice from just two.
A situation which is reinforced by continuing to vote for one of those two.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must
Etsy nooooo we trusted you with our surplus of slave kids!

2024 is off to a great start. New Epstein documents drop, Mike Flynn tweets that #PizzagateIsReal, and kraft retailer Etsy is being accused of selling ‘bespoke children’ on their marketplace. It’s a throwback QAA-style ep where Julian, Jake, and Travis begin to unravel at the realization that they’re about to relive 2016 for the seventh year in a row. Is Etsy really engaged in human trafficking? Is Pizzagate actually real? Are there still unanswered questions about the Epstein scandal? No, no, and yes.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
So why am I 'spamming' on this website about the Houthis? One the Houthis flag is literally and I am paraphrasing 'death to the US, the Jews, and victory to Islam'. That is an ISIS-level terrorism slogan. Furthermore, Terrorist groups tend to use violence to attract more support in the form of recruits, money, and equipment. In a sort of extremist entrepreneurship, and many on the left and the right like Sneako are uncritically falling for it, and calling anyone who opposes them a Fed, CIA, and IDF.

Next, I will be debunking why the Bipolar(Not the mental illness, but the Cold War with the US v USSR) system is the most stable international system. (It's not and is being cleverly constructed to ensure that it's the best option for the international system when it isn't)

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
I believe reforms in that vein are necessary but not sufficient. I'd like to see something more radical, however: both liquid democracy and participatory democracy suit my fancy. In any case, none of these will come until the current power structure is defeated and broken.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
One the Houthis flag is literally and I am paraphrasing 'death to the US, the Jews, and victory to Islam'.
What you are talking about there is possibly very misleading to describe as a "flag".

As an analogy, it would be a bit like claiming "MAGA" is the flag of the US Republican Party.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
the fewer people vote for Republicans or Democrats, the faster we can be rid of their cancerous hold on US politics.
Can you though? Because the Republicans have proven pretty comfortable with the idea of dismantling or even outlawing democracy. If Republicans start a dictatorship, be it one akin to Orban or Putin then you can't get rid of the Republicans at all.

Taking an electoral cycle to replace the Democrats with another party doesn't help if the Republican used that election cycle to take over.

Reactions: bluegate

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Can you though? Because the Republicans have proven pretty comfortable with the idea of dismantling or even outlawing democracy. If Republicans start a dictatorship, be it one akin to Orban or Putin then you can't get rid of the Republicans at all.

Taking an electoral cycle to replace the Democrats with another party doesn't help if the Republican used that election cycle to take over.
Seconded. OTOH, the Democrats are aware of this and have taken it as an excuse to perform atrociously, but that is the way it is.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
As always, speak for yourself please. You only cause yourself trouble trying to step in between, when we both know you have no interest in defending the person you're now in the position of defending.
It's almost like I'm speaking about the principle of the topic, rather than "defending" a forumite.

You're in a public forum. It's not a private conversation.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
It's almost like I'm speaking about the principle of the topic, rather than "defending" a forumite.

You're in a public forum. It's not a private conversation.
Then your comment is wholly unrelated to mine.