General Movies, Music, Web Show, and TV News Thread

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
You are not missing much. Game theory is a guy that started around 2009 or so and had theories about games involving development, lots of the actual continuity, or its characters. He had some good theories at the start but by 2013 a lot of this "theories" weren't theories. They are either fake theories, theories that were debunked years ago before he posted the video, or just full of false information and padding. There were no theories at that point, just a guy pulling stuff out of his ass. Those theories weren't even his majority of the time and as he admitted recently and his announcement video, people did the majority of the writing form and he had no involvement with it. He also tried branching himself out as well, but he kept spreading himself so thin and now all the spin-offs did well. Fatigue was a major factor too. I stopped carrying up about him around 2013, but I didn't watch too many of his videos, even before then. Trust me, you are not missing much.
Like theories..about games? Shit I thought it was just a hook for a review show. Jesus, hard pass.

Reactions: BrawlMan

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must
Daniel Kaluuya has a co-written/directed gentrification of near future London film out now. Am bigly intriglied.

The gap between rich and poor has reached extreme levels and all social housing has been abolished except for The Kitchen. The community refuses to leave their home, despite the oppressive system. Following Izi, played by Kane Robinson, a solitary resident desperately trying to escape, and Benji, a 12-year-old boy played by newcomer Jedaiah Bannerman, who is searching for a family after losing his mother. Together, they navigate a system stacked against them, struggling to forge a relationship in an unjust society.

Directed by Kibwe Tavares and Daniel Kaluuya (who also co-wrote the screenplay)

The Kitchen is released 19 January 2024.

#TheKitchen #FilmTrailer #MovieTrailer #Film
A recent interview he mentioned it been percolating through production for 10 years. Unable to resist an obvious pun of modern parlance, this dude has been cooking!

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012

Insane snubs this year. Margot Robbie not nominated for Barbie, but America Ferrara somehow gets one for supporting actress - maybe to balance out Ryan Gosling getting a nomination himself. Greta not nominated as director either.

Leo not nominated either, crazy.

EDIT: Oh and somehow Oppenheimer gets nominated for HAIR AND MAKEUP but not Barbie?

Last edited:
Reactions: gorfias

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA

Insane snubs this year. Margot Robbie not nominated for Barbie, but America Ferrara somehow gets one for supporting actress - maybe to balance out Ryan Gosling getting a nomination himself. Greta not nominated as director either.

Leo not nominated either, crazy.
Beat me to it!
Some predictions:
Performance by an actor in a leading role : Cillian Murphy
Performance by an actor in a supporting role : Robert Downey Jr.
Performance by an actress in a leading role : Emma Stone
Performance by an actress in a supporting role : Danielle Brooks
Best animated feature film of the year " The Boy and the Heron”
Achievement in costume design : “Napoleon”
Best motion picture of the year : “Killers of the Flower Moon” (Oscar bait, but I think it will be successful.)

Reactions: Johnny Novgorod

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Beat me to it!
Some predictions:
Performance by an actor in a leading role : Cillian Murphy
Performance by an actor in a supporting role : Robert Downey Jr.
Performance by an actress in a leading role : Emma Stone
Performance by an actress in a supporting role : Danielle Brooks
Best animated feature film of the year " The Boy and the Heron”
Achievement in costume design : “Napoleon”
Best motion picture of the year : “Killers of the Flower Moon” (Oscar bait, but I think it will be successful.)
Haven't watched Poor Things yet but for my money it's either going to be Emma Stone or Lily Gladstone.

And I think Oppenheimer has better chances than Killers.

Reactions: gorfias

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom will be released on digital platforms on Tuesday, January 23. Beginning tomorrow, you'll be able to buy and rent digitally on Amazon Prime, Google Play, Apple TV, Vudu, and more. The price may vary depending on which platform you use to purchase the film, but on Amazon Prime the movie will cost $24.99 to buy, and $19.99 to rent.

The Aquaman 2 digital release will include bonus content, including the following featurettes: "Finding the Lost Kingdom," "Aquaman: Worlds Above and Below," "It's a Manta World," "Necrus, The Lost Black City," "Escape from the Deserter World," "Brawling at Kingfish's Lair," "Oh TOPO!," and "Aquaman Through Fire and Water." That last one will be exclusive to the premium digital release.

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom will also be released on 4k UHD, DVD, and Blu-Ray on March 12, and will include an exclusive featurette titled "Atlantean Blood Is Thicker Than Water."
You can make image smaller in your post, if you want. I did it just now.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Knew there was an easy way, just forgot what it is. How do I do that again? Quoting you doesn't bring back the pic and whatever you've done with it.
Simply click on the image and you'll see for 4 small white squares. Put our arrow on one of the four corners, hold left click, and you can shrink or expand the image.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States

You can make image smaller in your post, if you want. I did it just now.
I saw its out, gonna watch it tomorrow maybe. I'm kinda looking forward to it. I've heard its another hot mess, but at least in this one I've heard the cast has pretty solid chemistry outside of Heard apparently getting cut out. I question the politics on that. I have troubles believing nerds have any depp loyalty. If they did cut her parts down I imagine the issue is a tad more complex.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I've heard its another hot mess, but at least in this one I've heard the cast pretty solid chemistry outside of Heard apparently getting cut out.
Quite the opposite actually. The movie is good and has the perfect pacing. It never feels bloated nor rushing to the next scene.

at. I have troubles believing nerds have any depp loyalty. If they did cut her parts down I imagine the issue is a tad more complex.
As for Amber Heard, she's barely in the movie, and it's not enough to be distracting nor akward. You have and enjoy the movie. Send me message or call me in the film discussion thread when you post. Or just quote my Aquaman 2 review. Either of those work fine for me.