Funny events in anti-woke world

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Why the hell did you even care? What they do is none of your damn business, Owen, you fucking biatch.
Slagging off Taylor Swift (or other celebs, usually female) is an easy way for someone less successful to borrow some of their limelight.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
I've played golf with high crime on multiple occasions and I can assure you he is very concerned about far-right violence.

Uh huh yeah, I know them too, and they've actually never mentioned you, so...
I was in the spa with high crime after golfing and they said they lied to you, they just said that because they knew that was what you wanted to hear.

@Ag3ma
So no response to the fact that you accused me of straw manning when that was the very thing you did to me? I stayed on my point the whole time, you didn't.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Aw bless, you're so unaware of what's going on that had to get that argument off Tstorm, and it's not even right because Tstorm missed out the first 75% of the discussion.
What the hell are you talking about? Nothing to do with Tstorm at all. I'm tired of you all saying I straw man or goalpost when it's you guys that constantly do it to me, I stay on point, you guys don't.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
What the hell are you talking about?
This goes way back to the point initially made that the far right in the police is bad for policing, and liable to increase racism in the police and institutional racism, which you insisted wasn't a problem. You've actually been through at least three different lines of argument to try and maintain the fact that no-one should be worried about the far right in the police force, none of which seem to be good arguments or in accordance with available evidence.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
This goes way back to the point initially made that the far right in the police is bad for policing, and liable to increase racism in the police and institutional racism, which you insisted wasn't a problem. You've actually been through at least three different lines of argument to try and maintain the fact that no-one should be worried about the far right in the police force, none of which seem to be good arguments or in accordance with available evidence.
Not to be all race reductionist and all, but they aren't good for most white people either. They will pick on poor white people too.

What racists think is 'white' has very little to do with what white people actually do. It what they think is best and they claim it's white as an appeal to authority.

See also, anytime someone claims what is American or British or Australian. Most times it's what they believe is good and has very little to do with their country's culture

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

Seriously.

Also, I hate both sides when it comes to Taylor Swift. I despise Swifties who will support a private jet-flying billionaire uncritically even if her music is great. I despise the anti-Switfies who keep going on my TikTok feed trying to convince me to watch football and root for the other side. No, I am not watching football (Not soccer), and if they were real NFL fans and not TikTok-brained idiots Taylor Swift is literally getting people to watch and fund their hobby even more.

This likely had to do with feminism (she is a woman), it's the same with Kylo Ren/Adam Driver people now simp for him but not for Rey. For fuck sakes. Get a better hobby.

Reactions: XsjadoBlaydette

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023

Seriously.
Essentially, all it's really about is that a politician has shot their mouth off and said something that the facts don't support because it was politically convenient, and now feels the need to make it look less stupid by talking around the issue.

Whether Texas should be able to secede is an interesting question. Obviously, there's no apparent legal process for that to occur, except as a mutual agreement of the USA as a whole and Texas, presumably equivalent to that required to agree to a state becoming part of the union. (I suppose it may possibly be legal for the Federal Government to pass a law establishing a right to and process for secession without needing to go that malarky, as the Constitution does not obviously prevent it doing so.)

Texas obviously cannot unilaterally secede, because to do so has massive ramifications for the USA and it's absurd to think that the USA could have no say. For instance, how does the national debt get divvied up? What happens to federal property in Texas? How does citizenship work out between the two? And so on.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
I said they don't contribute to institutional racism because they don't. And below I've shown where you came into the conversation. How have you proved the far right is extremely bad news for institutional racism? I'm not saying there's nothing to worry about with a TINY amount of the far right in the police force, but of the things to worry about, it's rather low on the totem pole. How have I not stayed on point? Where am I strawmanning or moving goalposts? You're the one strawmanning for trying to change the argument to something else that's easier to demonstrate (as shown in your post right here that I'm replying to).

You came in here:
1707019886161.png

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Jesus fuck, the creation of these people by the rightwing media needs to be prosecuted with all resources.
Why allow such an obvious source of brainwashing that undermines the health of your country to just go unchecked? Because it's"'tha free maaaarket, freezepeach"?
Baffling.
Just asking questions!

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

Let the young Iranian people deal with the Mullahs in Iran, and kill another IRGC general if you care so much about the region. And no... hitting their oil refineries will increase the price of oil, and get Chinese and Indian companies to buy oil in other markets which again keeps demand steady with a decrease in supply in the oil, natural gas, and other fossil fuels markets.

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
Let the young Iranian people deal with the Mullahs in Iran, and kill another IRGC general if you care so much about the region. And no... hitting their oil refineries will increase the price of oil, and get Chinese and Indian companies to buy oil in other markets which again keeps demand steady with a decrease in supply in the oil, natural gas, and other fossil fuels markets.
If the US seriously attacks Iran proper, Iran will be forced to retaliate. Again. The attack where US soldiers dies was already retaliation after some attack in Iran itself.

That is the road to an actual war, a war the US is pretty ill prepared for.