Funny events in anti-woke world

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
And people in this very thread said companies wouldn't tone down something just to get people to defend it and cover up for a game with exploitative microtransactions and other issues. LOL LOL LOL.
Tekken 8 has those things as well. What have you said about it? Or is this only a problem when a western game featuring women you don't find sexually attractive does it?

It's most recent scores on Steam put it at mixed, it's mostly positive overall still but I don't think it's doing that well.
It's doing a hell lot better than DOA.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
You mean a massively influencial and popular online figure who has cultivated an audience of millions of unhinged men shows up to this guy's house and the guy gets really fucking scared?

Seriously, what's up with this weird shit from you?
We need more masculine male role models in the center-left to left. And yes you do make a good point. But no one killed the Vice journalist who interviewed Tate, and no Russian supporting incel killed the journalist who exposed Gonzalo Lira.

Edit: it's Joe Biden and no one else right now.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
That's nice and all but SBI didn't write the script for that game. They're a consultant company. Not a script writing one so the blame seems rather miscast. Someone here already pointed out the lead writers are exactly the same as the main Arkam games.
According to their website you're wrong

Scriptwriting: (Banter, Cutscenes, Barks, Audio logs, etc)

You know the Cutscenes everyone has been objecting to happening on social media.

You can have good story outline and still make something awful like the adaptation of Terry Pratchett's City Watch by BBC America

I suppose Wonder Woman being the only one who gets treated with some dignity isn't great. That said....its the suicide squad. Is killing their enemies in the most humiliating ways possible not exactly the thing they would do?
In Captain Boomerang's case kind of yeh cause the point is he's a scumbag, not so much the others though Deadshot is a hired killer but he has a code and Harley Quinn would be more insane and chaotic and less cold. Mostly though the Suicide Squad aren't 100% evil kills and have been shown to hesitate in the past when given the chance to actually kill a hero.

Also its not like being wOkE was what killed off Suicide Squad. Its a Mass Effect Andromeda all over again where the fall of the game clearly, obviously and glaringly lies in other factor but the far right still insists its bad because its woke.
A Good story could still salvage something from a bad game.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
highly stupid "It's only censorship if the government does it" argument which completely negates your own actual argument here because the
I never said or implied that. You assume too much, talk too much over yourself, and tripping over your own "logic".

Nah, you've been doing that to yourself since 2019-20. All this said by the man who goals posts, does whataboutism, change the subject 24/7, and will downplay the alt-right/Trump/rage baiters and suck their genitals 24/7.

I don't remember seeing you about yelling about Robert Yang's games being prevented from being on Steam though.
Didn't know he existed until today, and I don't care about some shitty small game. Sounds like to me you went after something not worth the time or effort. Good for you. You played yourself again. Also, I wouldn't know you mentioned this person, because I have your sorry butt on ignore for a good reason.

To finish off I guess I must concede you are truly the "strongest" here.
Even better, we're all stronger than you.

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
According to their website you're wrong

You know the Cutscenes everyone has been objecting to happening on social media.

You can have good story outline and still make something awful like the adaptation of Terry Pratchett's City Watch by BBC America

In Captain Boomerang's case kind of yeh cause the point is he's a scumbag, not so much the others though Deadshot is a hired killer but he has a code and Harley Quinn would be more insane and chaotic and less cold. Mostly though the Suicide Squad aren't 100% evil kills and have been shown to hesitate in the past when given the chance to actually kill a hero.

A Good story could still salvage something from a bad game.
That game's story wasn't bad because of wokeness.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
We need more masculine male role models in the center-left to left.
No, we don't. Advocating for more masculinity is exactly what conservatives and the manosphere plea for because they see femininity as a weakness. Masculinity should be a form of self expression, not something you should abide to because 'there's a lack of it'.

And yes you do make a good point. But no one killed the Vice journalist who interviewed Tate, and no Russian supporting incel killed the journalist who exposed Gonzalo Lira.
Just because it didn't happen doesn't mean the threat of it didn't happen. That's why it's called a threat.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Except this is what Asmongold thinks will happen, not what the SBI CEO says. I suspect the full clip provides a lot more context this video doesn't cover.
Yeh thinks will happen based on precedent lol

And how many anti-woke boycotts have worked?
For this segment I shall be using as a source of said Boycotts

Mirrors Edge Catalyst under performed - claims Anita Sarkeesian consulted on the game caused the boycott

To tackle the first two

Do I need to point out how much of a Shambles Activision / Blizzard have been in for a while??

And Starfield

Battlefield V

Wolfenstein the New Colossus

Life is Strange 2

Bioware

Looks of Andromeda Anthem

do I need to source this one really?

EA

Campo Santo,

They're dead and even after Valve bought of the studio their new game has never seen the light

Oh and Intel is now 2nd behind AMD.

So if I agree, or you agree with the list or not I'd say it's their is evidence of success, not overwhelming victory but success happening in these boycotts.

Yeah, you're not actually paying attention. Almost every time she fights the thing up close, she gets ragdolled. She has to use her small size to evade, uses its weapon against it to do serious damage, relies on a partner for help (the dog), lures it into the bog, uses herbs to mask her body heat and knocks off the mask which it uses to direct its spear.
Still fights it basically head on even if she's using speed to her advantage.

So there is precedence for human technology hurting Predators. Glad we can agree.
Yeh, Guns,

Your words, your bretheren.
CITATION NEEDED

His first wife Vanessa suggests otherwise. He's also currently married to Typhoid Mary, an unstable woman who has undermined him at least once in the past.
Note first wife and 2nd wife lol

The sales suggest otherwise.
No they don't because other than issue 1 and 2 the rest were below the sales numbers of the previous Thor run lol

Yeh, I checked the numbers in the past, feel free to cite your source saying they're better and I don't mean the average sales numbers because issue 1 and 2 skew that metric.

What extra powers? Jane didn't do anything Thor wasn't capable of.
Flying the hammer round Absorbing Man, which is why he's confused and says it's not supposed to do that.

Hercules wasn't a main character on Xena's show.
No they are however shown to exist in the same world as they have crossed over before

So we have one episode where he gets to act like something other than the buffoon he is for the rest of the show.
Who has actually saved people before

I list movies that were successes, you mention ones that failed and you think this proves you right?
I showed follow ups to them lol. If there was truly such an audience where did it go?

An RE character having superpowers wasn't an issue for fans of Jake Muller and Ethan Winters.
Ethan is later and super healing isn't exactly the be all and end all and Jake was Resident Evil 6 wasn't he, which everyone disliked anyway so hard to argue he was ever loved by fans to begin with.

I wouldn't call a film with a 91% RT score and 1.334 billion profit a movie that soured most people on Star Wars, but believe what you want.
For the records that's 1.334 Billion in revenue if you're using box office mojo and unless it's been updated that doesn't have the production costs to be able to work out an effective profit. All we do know is it was the most expensive of the 3 to make.

Yeah, I meant the Daily Wire. My mistake.
Figured you meant them.

In which case, for a smaller studio they seem to be doing fine, Terror on the Prairie was a box office bust but then it opened in like 3 cinemas in 1 state for 3 days and likely has performed better with the on demand releases etc anyway.

Lady Ballers has apparently been a modest hit (not my thing but still)

I'd say the Hyperion's is a pretty decent small budget film too (I have watched it because, what happens after the Power Rangers stop being the power rangers, was an interesting concept to me)

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Why shouldn't I?
Obviously the game that has been round multiple generations longer with more entries will have sold more.............

I thought censorship was a big deal to you? Plus your type is obsessed with all things related to Japan.
I don't follow the current political developments over there.

Also it is, that's why different countries have different us fighting it and

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Tekken 8 has those things as well. What have you said about it? Or is this only a problem when a western game featuring women you don't find sexually attractive does it?
Anyone in here defending Tekken 8?
No?
Guess I don't need to call it out.

Job done.

It's doing a hell lot better than DOA.
I mean the swimsuit DLC it got attacked for before won it some points lol

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Because the majority of this "evidence" is coming from right wing game fans with an ax to grind and who are ignorant of or willing to lie about what SBI actually does.

Let's look at Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League, which is what dragged SBI into the spotlight. If you look at the credits, the major writing leadership roles were handled by the same duo (Martin Lancaster and Craig Owens) who worked on Arkham Knight and Arkham VR (the mainline Rocksteady titles which didn't have Paul Dini).

Sefton Hill and Ian Ball (who's been a director since Asylum) are credited for coming up with the story. Meredith Ainsworth is a newcomer, but she wrote on the latter half of the Telltale Batman game.

None of these people "fit" their expectations on "wokesters", so those lower on the totem pole get targeted by outrage grifters.
So fucking what where this "evidence" is coming from? That's just essentially making ad-hominem attacks, you pick your team's side just because the other team's side is against this. Guess what? Even if 90% of what the other team says is wrong, there's 10% of it that is right. Funny you say the other side is ignorant about what SBI does when Kotaku ran an article saying SBI is "not a DEI consultancy firm" and when you go to SBI's own website and read what SBI says SBI does, they are in fact a DEI consultancy firm.

I couldn't care less myself about the writing in AAA games because the writing sucks in AAA games anyway so no outside consulting firm is ruining video games. The actual few games that do have good writing are usually smaller games that a firm like SBI isn't going to work with anyway. Not every issue is some extreme thing, there's nuance to lots of things. You can not like SBI while at the same time thinking they aren't ruining video games. That's why I posted this video because it has nothing to do with SBI "ruining video games", it just shows they are legit not run by good people.

This is what people from SBI have said:
1710004007712.png

1710004073636.png

1710004128625.png

1710004683978.png

---

A gamer went and made a list on Steam just listing what games SBI has worked on and people claim this is "harassment". How is it not harassment on SBI's side for trying to ban the gamer for making a fucking list? Chris Kindred's Twitter account got limited because of harassment. But no, it's the gamers that simply made a list that are the one harassing SBI... Sure...

Here's Ag3ma defending the harassing company instead of the gamer that just made a list:
The list has obviously been created by a user hostile to that company as a means to encourage attacks on the company. This potentially has negative implications for sales of games the company has been involved with, and thus also willingness of devs to work with that company in future which could cause it significant harm.

In a wider sense, people can be allowed to campaign and there's lots of internet out there to do so. But in terms of the Steam platform specifically, it should protect both gamers and developers: the company can make a case that this is a form of harassment and an inappropriate use of the platform.
Here's Schadrach with basic common sense:
Two sides:
  1. Decided they aren't fans of games a certain company has worked on, and made a list of such games that other users can opt-in to see on relevant store pages.
  2. Saw that this list existed, posted on Xitter identifying both the list and it's creator and tried to rile up their followers to pressure Steam to both ban this list from existing and ban the Steam account of the person who created it.
Somehow, the first of these is a hate campaign and the second one is not.
---

It literally does list pronouns as contributing to social transitioning. In the first section. That's visible even in the thumbnail.
You're either lying/trolling or you can't read properly. It doesn't say that.

All the more ironic in that these self described rebels tend to politically support the parties trying to keep ''the little guy'' down. Most anti woke grifters are firmly on board with schemes from the upper class such as Brexit or Republican policies in general.
Are you guys just oblivious to your own hypocrisy? Supporting democrats keep "the little guy" down as well.

Imagine looking at all of the problems in Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League; the live service bullshit, Poison Ivy's iconic Ice Axes, etc, and all of AAA's problems in general: massive development budgets, half-decade+ development times, constant massive layoffs destroying team cohesion and institutional knowledge, trend chasing with AI and NFTs and whatever obvious scammy bullshit tech bros come up with next...

And determining that the solution to taking down Big Money is getting rid of the woke script doctors.

CEOs are laughing all the way to the goddamned bank
And to think your side wanted people to not buy a Harry Potter game that IIRC was the best selling game that year. Yep, CEOs laughing to the bank.

And how many anti-woke boycotts have worked?
The parent company of Bud Light may have lost as much as $1.4 billion in sales due to a boycott against the once-popular beer brand.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Blue checks on twitter are having a real one over Trump taking credit for the Covid vaccines

Also, aaaah, my eyes. Ffs, dark mode, people!

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
yeh, cause the flopped. Sunset was all round the press at one point actually. I can point to at least 1 person who bought it due to said press too (with evidence of them saying they bought it due to that and were disappointed).
Ah, so you are just smokescreening me. Making up nonsense to pretend you have an arguemnt

Here, let's get back on track: Most movies are crap (or average). Most game are crap. Most books are crap. ALL games, books and movies will only try to show positive. It doesnt matter if they are 'woke' or not

Let's look at the top 10 gross movies last year and see which ones are 'woke'
Barbie, Super Mario, Spiderman, Guardian 3, Oppenheimer, The Little Mermaid, Taylor Swift tour and maybe Ant-Man (I personally wouldn't put Taylor there because calling her woke is utterly stupid. She has never been close to woke. But I know internet trolls would)

(I left out Avatar depending on the list you get as it was released in 2022)

Yep, woke movies are doing so badly

Now, we CAN talk about B movies from the 80s, but I think this would be fruitless as you would just shift goalposts again like you do with the word woke

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I never said or implied that. You assume too much, talk too much over yourself, and tripping over your own "logic".
You didn't need to say those words, you said words that meant the same thing lol

Nah, you've been doing that to yourself since 2019-20. All this said by the man who goals posts, does whataboutism, change the subject 24/7, and will downplay the alt-right/Trump/rage baiters and suck their genitals 24/7.
Does Imax miss you working there as a projector?

You're just done Ad hominem and deflection in one quick go. oh and Tu Quoque.

All you have in knee jerk reactions and spewing vitriol like this. Is the plan to keep running your mouth in the hopes your brain catches up and you can eventually post something that doesn't sound like an angry screed?

Didn't know he existed until today, and I don't care about some shitty small game. Sounds like to me you went after something not worth the time or effort. Good for you. You played yourself again. Also, I wouldn't know you mentioned this person, because I have your sorry butt on ignore for a good reason.
Oh he who claims to be principled and care how they so fall apart.
Yes his audience is a minority of the gaming community but do they not deserve to eat steak, and no that wasn't meant as a double entendre.
Was it not worth my time and effort when in the end it led to victory?

At this stage I might as well be playing myself, I'd probably be a better opponent than you ever are unless the contest was a "Who can throw the most generic overused insult or aspersion against my opponent contest." You have no good cogent arguments, no rebuttals, just seemingly ego with little to back it up with of substance.

Even better, we're all stronger than you.
By your own definition of strong yes
It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him and be that pathetic.

Reactions: Phoenixmgs

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Ah, so you are just smokescreening me. Making up nonsense to pretend you have an arguemnt
I'm really not

Here, let's get back on track: Most movies are crap (or average). Most game are crap. Most books are crap. ALL games, books and movies will only try to show positive. It doesnt matter if they are 'woke' or not

Let's look at the top 10 gross movies last year and see which ones are 'woke'
Barbie, Super Mario, Spiderman, Guardian 3, Oppenheimer, The Little Mermaid, Taylor Swift tour and maybe Ant-Man (I personally wouldn't put Taylor there because calling her woke is utterly stupid. She has never been close to woke. But I know internet trolls would)

(I left out Avatar depending on the list you get as it was released in 2022)

Yep, woke movies are doing so badly

Now, we CAN talk about B movies from the 80s, but I think this would be fruitless as you would just shift goalposts again like you do with the word woke
Ok Barbie, I'll give you. Mario, beyond the trailer stage of marketing no, Spiderman (I'm assuming you mean Spiderverse 2) Ok I'll give you though that drew ire from the woke side for the crunch stuff too. Guardians 3, unless we're considering James Gunn alone woke then no. Oppenheimer, when has that ever been called woke?. The Little Mermaid, ok that one you can claim a solid one on. Antman and the Wasp............... it's news to me that even did well enough to be that high up the chart considering it was considered a big failure by Disney.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
So fucking what where this "evidence" is coming from? That's just essentially making ad-hominem attacks, you pick your team's side just because the other team's side is against this. Guess what? Even if 90% of what the other team says is wrong, there's 10% of it that is right. Funny you say the other side is ignorant about what SBI does when Kotaku ran an article saying SBI is "not a DEI consultancy firm" and when you go to SBI's own website and read what SBI says SBI does, they are in fact a DEI consultancy firm.

I couldn't care less myself about the writing in AAA games because the writing sucks in AAA games anyway so no outside consulting firm is ruining video games. The actual few games that do have good writing are usually smaller games that a firm like SBI isn't going to work with anyway. Not every issue is some extreme thing, there's nuance to lots of things. You can not like SBI while at the same time thinking they aren't ruining video games. That's why I posted this video because it has nothing to do with SBI "ruining video games", it just shows they are legit not run by good people.

This is what people from SBI have said:
View attachment 10817

View attachment 10818

View attachment 10819

View attachment 10822

---

A gamer went and made a list on Steam just listing what games SBI has worked on and people claim this is "harassment". How is it not harassment on SBI's side for trying to ban the gamer for making a fucking list? Chris Kindred's Twitter account got limited because of harassment. But no, it's the gamers that simply made a list that are the one harassing SBI... Sure...
Man you missed the "best" ones from Legobutts where he uses the N-word and also calls for more Jewish babies to be aborted.

Reactions: Phoenixmgs

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
You're either lying/trolling or you can't read properly. It doesn't say that.
"The offense of contributing to social transition is a class E felony."

"(2) "Social transition", the process by which an individual adopts the name, pronouns, and gender expression, such as clothing or haircuts, that match the individual's gender identity and not the gender assumed by the individual's sex at birth;"

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
"The offense of contributing to social transition is a class E felony."

"(2) "Social transition", the process by which an individual adopts the name, pronouns, and gender expression, such as clothing or haircuts, that match the individual's gender identity and not the gender assumed by the individual's sex at birth;"
Is merely saying a pronoun either material, information, or other resource?

1. A person commits the offense of contributing to social transition IF the person is acting in his or her official capacity as a teacher or school counselor and the person provides support, regardless of whether the support is material, information, or other resources to a child regarding social transition.