Funny events in anti-woke world

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Also you guys complain about AI and how it won't replace jobs. Here's data analysis with python.
Go on, keep on using AI to try and program something and you'll soon find out that it makes plenty of dumb-as-fuck mistakes and you need actual know-how of what you're asking it to do to actually get shit done.

At the moment I'd compare it with a kitchen tool that'll mix and blend stuff for you, but you still need an actual chef there to feed it proper ingredients and do something with what it's made. It's a very fucking neat productivity tool. That's my take on it anyway.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
@Schadrach have you considered using curators to track things you enjoy, rather than things you hate? Talk about sucking the joy out of things.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
would you feel better
No... but no in the sense that I really do not care one way or the other.

I'm mostly noting the hypocrisy and vapidity of the bullshit people come out with to justify the commercial pressure they will leverage to make companies do what they want whilst whining massively when it's done to them, and arguing all manner of principles that suddenly evaporate when it benefits them to trample those principles.

In terms of Steam policy, it's up to Steam how it views this. I merely point out that for a marketplace such as Steam, "customers" means developers as well as gamers, and Steam can reasonably decide to offer customers a degree of protection from what may be hate campaigns on its own platform.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'm mostly noting the hypocrisy and vapidity of the bullshit people come out with to justify the commercial pressure they will leverage to make companies do what they want whilst whining massively when it's done to them, and arguing all manner of principles that suddenly evaporate when it benefits them to trample those principles.
People like that I never set aside and will always be bitches that high behind cowardly tactics just to feel better about themselves.

In terms of Steam policy, it's up to Steam how it views this. I merely point out that for a marketplace such as Steam, "customers" means developers as well as gamers, and Steam can reasonably decide to offer customers a degree of protection from what may be hate campaigns on its own platform.
Agreed. Though Steam have had its few moments where they were the enablers for people act like asses, or sat on their asses and nothing. They've gotten way better right about it now, but that doesn't erase what came before.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Are you fucking dumb? Those are follow ons. Step one defines the teacher offering support to social transitions, step 2 defines what social transitios are, including the use of pronouns other than ASAB.

It's okay to be wrong, but this? This is just embarrassing yourself.
Again that's not what is says... The 1st part (the long sentence) is the key to everything the bill is saying. It says "the offense of contributing to social transition if the person is acting in official capacity provides support, which is material, information, or other resources". Step 2 is just saying if you do Step 1, it's a felony.

1709917422910.png

OK. Yet it says it aims to criminalise contributing to someone's 'social transition', and explicitly identifies pronouns as a part of that.
But it's not criminalizing saying a pronoun. Again, this bill isn't even going to get voted on, it's a nothing bill. Do I agree with the bill? Hell no, but you don't need to lie about what the bill would do if passed. It's kinda a pointless bill because the teacher would probably get fired if they did this anyway, but making it a felony is pretty dumb.

Even Mutahar is saying the company is awful and he's not some right-wing/woke gamer channel. And you guys are defending what these employees are doing?

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
Again that's not what is says... The 1st part (the long sentence) is the key to everything the bill is saying. It says "the offense of contributing to social transition if the person is acting in official capacity provides support, which is material, information, or other resources". Step 2 is just saying if you do Step 1, it's a felony.

View attachment 10803

But it's not criminalizing saying a pronoun. Again, this bill isn't even going to get voted on, it's a nothing bill. Do I agree with the bill? Hell no, but you don't need to lie about what the bill would do if passed. It's kinda a pointless bill because the teacher would probably get fired if they did this anyway, but making it a felony is pretty dumb.

Even Mutahar is saying the company is awful and he's not some right-wing/woke gamer channel. And you guys are defending what these employees are doing?

I don't know who Mutahar is but stuff like this isn't helping the perception that only right wing morons hate SBI.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
But it's not criminalizing saying a pronoun.
That would depend on context. The bill states that using pronouns in line with the kid's sense of identity can contribute to "social transition", which it aimed to criminalise. So depending on the context, yes, using certain pronouns could have been criminalised under that bill.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I know who he is. He goes by the username SomeOrdinaryGamer. He's fine, but I have little to no interest in a majority of his videos. Not to mention, he can get clickbaity at times. I've noticed something about SBI critics. Almost all the negative press comes from the alt right, Ultra conservatives, or those claiming to be "neutral", but clearly on the fringe side of the right. Like I said before, I trust the alt right even less than SBI. I ain't coming for the defense either, but I will keep a lookout. Though they're not my main concern right now. We all got much bigger problems right now. I know I do.

Last edited:

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
He's just a super ordinary game and tech channel creator and decently big because sometimes it says his videos are trending in the top whatever. Again, who the fuck cares if some group you don't really like hates something? Why can't you just objectively look at something and just have your own opinion? Guess what, people you don't normally agree with, you'll agree with sometimes, that's how things just work out.

That would depend on context. The bill states that using pronouns in line with the kid's sense of identity can contribute to "social transition", which it aimed to criminalise. So depending on the context, yes, using certain pronouns could have been criminalised under that bill.
And a bill making it illegal to lure kids in a car/building can be interpreted as simply saying "hi" is luring. Just because something can be interpreted as something extreme doesn't mean it will or legally can be. This is another one of those things that if you look at bills you agree with, you can find tons of vagueness in them that could possibly lead to such extreme scenarios. But you don't point that out in bills you do like, you only do it in bills you don't like and act like it's the end of the world.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
@Schadrach have you considered using curators to track things you enjoy, rather than things you hate? Talk about sucking the joy out of things.
Oh, I follow a few curators whose reviews I broadly trust, but I also follow ones that flag games with Denuvo, games with problematic DRM in general, games DRM and anti-cheats that work via rootkit, and one that details cut content between ports and regions.

Most of the things that are reasons to buy the game are things the store page itself is advertising. Knowing that they cut X, Y and Z from the western release or the PC port is something they try not to draw attention to.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
yeh, except in the films case you're talking about a lot of B movies with limited budgets / marketing that tended to make up the flops.
In gaming there's plenty of journalists willing to cover and push games like Where the Water Tastes Like Wine and Sunset as ground breaking titles lol.
Literally, never heard of these games

Edit: This is even stupider. Sunset came out in 2015. The other in 2018. Not once have I seen anything on Epic or Steam about either of them either

Last edited:

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
from what may be hate campaigns on its own platform.
Two sides:
  1. Decided they aren't fans of games a certain company has worked on, and made a list of such games that other users can opt-in to see on relevant store pages.
  2. Saw that this list existed, posted on Xitter identifying both the list and it's creator and tried to rile up their followers to pressure Steam to both ban this list from existing and ban the Steam account of the person who created it.
Somehow, the first of these is a hate campaign and the second one is not.

Simple question: Are these hate campaigns, or useful information advising consumers what they are getting into?

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
And a bill making it illegal to lure kids in a car/building can be interpreted as simply saying "hi" is luring. Just because something can be interpreted as something extreme doesn't mean it will or legally can be.
If it wasn't the intention of the bill to criminalise the harmless use of pronouns in use with a kid's gender identity, then the bill wouldn't specifically be talking about it.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Two sides:
  1. Decided they aren't fans of games a certain company has worked on, and made a list of such games that other users can opt-in to see on relevant store pages.
  2. Saw that this list existed, posted on Xitter identifying both the list and it's creator and tried to rile up their followers to pressure Steam to both ban this list from existing and ban the Steam account of the person who created it.
Somehow, the first of these is a hate campaign and the second one is not.

Simple question: Are these hate campaigns, or useful information advising consumers what they are getting into?
Exactly.

If it wasn't the intention of the bill to criminalise the harmless use of pronouns in use with a kid's gender identity, then the bill wouldn't specifically be talking about it.
It's part of how they defined social transitioning... That doesn't mean it's intent to charge someone with a felony for saying a pronoun.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
It's part of how they defined social transitioning... That doesn't mean it's intent to charge someone with a felony for saying a pronoun.
Part of how they defined social transitioning. Which they intend to criminalise the contribution to.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

TLDR: Both genders are struggling. Okay got your attention, I am going to laugh at someone liberal.

There was a clip of someone who insulted Andrew Tate on Twitter. So Tate goes to his house, and then that someone who was like an English teacher calls the cops, and freaks out at the door, and Andrew Tate wasn't even threatening him.

Come on, don't be a chicken. If he kills you, he goes to jail, and he isn't going to kill anyone. I would have just been okay bet like the Vice Journalist, and I would have fought him in an argument.

Instead, this UK English teacher freaks out and gives Andrew Tate a clip of him being a coward. Obviously, not everyone is media-trained, and I am not either, but don't run like a coward.