Funny Events of the "Woke" world

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
No. You made a specific claim that went way beyond any demonstrated mechanics.

I showed you 6 expert sources directly contradicting that claim. You then said you could easily provide just as many sources supporting it.

Then you failed to provide a single one after being asked 20+ times.
We were talking about mechanisms before that...

And I did:
Some investigators contend that commonly consumed amounts of sugar do not contribute to this epidemic,” Herman said. “While others are convinced that excessive sugar ingestion is a major cause."

Not necessarily. Its a diet, and not even a particularly fringe one anymore. It has nothing to do with souls, and can be motivated by personal morals or health.
It's not really a valid diet when you have to take supplements to get all your needed nutrients.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
We were talking about mechanisms before that...
So what? You chose to make a claim that goes far beyond any demonstrated mechanics.

And I did:
Some investigators contend that commonly consumed amounts of sugar do not contribute to this epidemic,” Herman said. “While others are convinced that excessive sugar ingestion is a major cause."
This wasn't your claim. Not even close.

You were contending that overeating sugar was definitely the sole and direct cause of type 2 diabetes. You contended that one couldn't even get it without doing so, and acted as if this was certain. Not a single source corroborates that.

It's not really a valid diet when you have to take supplements to get all your needed nutrients.
You don't need to. Basic dietary planning.

I don't even see why taking supplements would be an issue anyway. Plenty of people do so-- including meat eaters. So what? They're still getting the nutrients, and still successfully following the diet.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
So what? You chose to make a claim that goes far beyond any demonstrated mechanics.

This wasn't your claim. Not even close.

You were contending that overeating sugar was definitely the sole and direct cause of type 2 diabetes. You contended that one couldn't even get it without doing so, and acted as if this was certain. Not a single source corroborates that.

I don't even see why taking supplements would be an issue anyway. Plenty of people do so-- including meat eaters. So what? They're still getting the nutrients, and still successfully following the diet.
The known mechanisms directly point to sugar... Again, what is the mechanism for getting diabetes without getting insulin resistance? You can't answer this question.

Even a vegan website says you need supplements. If I can't get all my nutritional needs from a diet, how is that a valid diet?

As fundamental as diet is to health, you need to keep in mind the diet for which we’ve been adapted genetically,“ said James O’Keefe, MD, the study’s lead author and director of preventive cardiology at Saint Luke’s Mid America Heart Institute. “Animal-based foods have been an important part of the human diet for at least three million years. Eliminating all animal foods would be like deciding you’re going to feed a tiger tofu and expect that it’s going to be healthy. If you want an organism to thrive, you should feed it the diet for which it’s been genetically adapted via evolution down through the ages.”

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane

Dude, do you want to open this can of worms

Not necessarily. Its a diet, and not even a particularly fringe one anymore. It has nothing to do with souls, and can be motivated by personal morals or health.
What personal beliefs?

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
The known mechanisms directly point to sugar...
Obviously. Which isn't the same as your claim. You are categorically unable to provide even a single source for what you actually said, so you continue to retreat to these much broader grounds.

Again, what is the mechanism for getting diabetes without getting insulin resistance? You can't answer this question.
Because its irrelevant. I never even said you could; you've just tried to shift the conversation in that direction as a distraction.

Even a vegan website says you need supplements. If I can't get all my nutritional needs from a diet, how is that a valid diet?
"Recommended". K. I agree. Of course, various supplements are recommended for various sectors of the population, including meat eaters.

Still don't see why the use of supplements renders a diet "invalid". They're still able to get those nutrients. What's wrong with their choice to get them from a tablet rather than animal flesh?

Last edited:

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
What personal beliefs?
What personal beliefs can motivate veganism that are unrelated to "souls"? A straightforward concern for the avoidance of cruelty or exploitation, or the wish to minimise one's environmental impact, would be two common ones.

I'm not a vegan myself (am vegetarian), but those reasons make sense to me.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
Squatters have too many rights. Thankfully I live in Ohio.
I think there's often a problem that squatters can sometimes be messy and destructive, but I have a great deal of sympathy with people simply occupying empty properties when there are housing shortages. Especially properties owned - and unoccupied - by the rich.

Reactions: Zykon TheLich

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Obviously. Which isn't the same as your claim. You are categorically unable to provide even a single source for what you actually said, so you continue to retreat to these much broader grounds.

Because its irrelevant. I never even said you could; you've just tried to shift the conversation in that direction as a distraction.

"Recommended". K. I agree. Of course, various supplements are recommended for various sectors of the population, including meat eaters.

Still don't see why the use of supplements renders a diet "invalid". They're still able to get those nutrients. What's wrong with their choice to get them from a tablet rather than animal flesh?
We were talking about mechanisms first, you gonna concede that? Again, the conversation was about mechanisms first. I care about what actually causes diabetes, not what the majority says causes diabetes.

You can't get B12 from plants, and it's really hard to get some other essential nutrients from plants without eating a shitload of specific plants. You should be able to get all your essential nutrients from your diet. How do you think humans survived and lived in the 99.9+% of the time humans lived before we had supplements?

I think there's often a problem that squatters can sometimes be messy and destructive, but I have a great deal of sympathy with people simply occupying empty properties when there are housing shortages. Especially properties owned - and unoccupied - by the rich.
Ok, Jessica Burbank.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
We were talking about mechanisms first, you gonna concede that? Again, the conversation was about mechanisms first.
Uh-huh, then you made a claim that went way beyond any mechanics, and said you had sources for it, and then failed to provide a single one.

You can't get B12 from plants, and it's really hard to get some other essential nutrients from plants without eating a shitload of specific plants. You should be able to get all your essential nutrients from your diet.
So take a supplement. Why does the involvement of a supplement make a diet "invalid"?

How do you think humans survived and lived in the 99.9+% of the time humans lived before we had supplements?
"How do you think humans travelled in the 99.9+% of the time humans lived before we had cars and trains? That's why trains are an invalid form of transport".

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Uh-huh, then you made a claim that went way beyond any mechanics, and said you had sources for it, and then failed to provide a single one.

So take a supplement. Why does the involvement of a supplement make a diet "invalid"?

"How do you think humans travelled in the 99.9+% of the time humans lived before we had cars and trains? That's why trains are an invalid form of transport".
My claim was based on the mechanisms because that's what I said I cared about like 3 full moons ago. You couldn't even concede I was right about the Trump ballot bullshit that happened exactly as I said yet I had no understanding of basic legal framework.

If you're not getting all your essential nutrients from your diet, you're basically eating wrong (or you have some kind of medical disorder).

Were humans able to travel where they needed to before cars/trains?

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
My claim was based on the mechanisms because that's what I said I cared about like 3 full moons ago.
I don't care what you've "based it on". Your claim went well beyond the mechanism. You said you could provide corroboration for it, and then couldn't. All expert sources explicitly contradict you.

If you're not getting all your essential nutrients from your diet, you're basically eating wrong (or you have some kind of medical disorder).
OK, but those people are getting all the nutrients they need. They're just getting a few specific ones from supplements rather than animal flesh. Why does that matter?

Edit: huh, and most vegans get enough B12 anyway, from fortified plant milks and cereals. Supplements are also recommended for anyone over 50, so by your rationale they're all eating "wrong" too.

Were humans able to travel where they needed to before cars/trains?
? Yes.

Last edited:

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

Squatters have too many rights. Thankfully I live in Ohio.

No, I can't entirely agree with that, if they are upper middle class and have ONE home in the US, and only one home in their home countries like China, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Nigeria, Brazil, Chile, etc. Don't mess up their home in the US. If they have two it depends, and three homes go for it.

Bernie Sanders has two homes too, and while I don't have two homes since I told my dad to sell our old home in a good school district and not hoard the housing supply, it's not uncommon for the upper-middle class to have one extra home either.

But just attacking random empty homes is not okay.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

Note to self ignore all IGN reviews even more, and do so with IGN France doubly so.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
I don't care what you've "based it on". Your claim went well beyond the mechanism. You said you could provide corroboration for it, and then couldn't. All expert sources explicitly contradict you.

OK, but those people are getting all the nutrients they need. They're just getting a few specific ones from supplements rather than animal flesh. Why does that matter?

Edit: huh, and most vegans get enough B12 anyway, from fortified plant milks and cereals. Supplements are also recommended for anyone over 50, so by your rationale they're all eating "wrong" too.

? Yes.
No I didn't. And you don't concede when you're wrong.

You don't need animal flesh you get all your nutrients; eggs and dairy aren't animal flesh. Fortified foods are basically supplements that are added to your foods. Shouldn't you eat what your species evolved to eat?

If humans could travel where they needed, then what's the problem?

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
No I didn't.
Here's where you did. I provided 6 expert sources stating that eating sugar doesn't directly lead to type 2 diabetes, and that you can get it without overeating sugar.

Your exact words were then "I can give you over 6 expert opinions that say otherwise".

So I asked you to go ahead. You've not given a single one since. Then finally after 20+ deflections you've just said you don't care about expert sources anyway.

You don't need animal flesh you get all your nutrients; eggs and dairy aren't animal flesh. Fortified foods are basically supplements that are added to your foods. Shouldn't you eat what your species evolved to eat?
I don't see why. We didn't evolve to wear clothes, watch TV, use the Internet. We have higher reasoning functions and can make decisions according to personal morals rather than instinct.

If humans could travel where they needed, then what's the problem?
There isn't a problem. But you insinuated that because humans got their nutrients from animal-derived sources for "99.9+%" of our time on earth, therefore the vegan diet was invalid. So by your rationale, trains and cars are invalid modes of transport.

Last edited:

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Here's where you did. I provided 6 expert sources stating that eating sugar doesn't directly lead to type 2 diabetes, and that you can get it without overeating sugar.

Your exact words were then "I can give you over 6 expert opinions that say otherwise".

So I asked you to go ahead. You've not given a single one since. Then finally after 20+ deflections you've just said you don't care about expert sources anyway.

I don't see why. We didn't evolve to wear clothes, watch TV, use the Internet. We have higher reasoning functions and can make decisions according to personal morals rather than instinct.

There isn't a problem. But you insinuated that because humans got their nutrients from animal-derived sources for "99.9+%" of our time on earth, therefore the vegan diet was invalid. So by your rationale, trains and cars are invalid modes of transport.
You're forgetting about this that was BEFORE that message. You gonna concede your argument to me first?

There are tons of unknowns without eating the diet we're supposed to eat. There was so many issues in studies where they gave animals all the things they thought animals needed but without meat. Some issues were seen generations later for example (since you can do that with animals vs people). There's so much unknowns nutrition-wise that it's not very wise to make major diet changes, tons of unintended consequences. Also, it's theorized that meat is the reason humans became smart and have the reasoning we do have.

If you can't get what you need from your diet, then how is it a valid diet? Whereas humans walking got them where they needed, how is that the same thing or a good analogy? Having cars/trains is just improved travel, it's a luxury. Vegan diet is a worse diet.