Share some things that make you smile!

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I know I talked a lot of shit about the eclipse and all the hype surrounding it, but it WAS pretty fucking cool. Your could see the stars and everything. I still say it was insane for anyone to have travelled any significant distance or spend a substantial amount of money to see 4 minutes of spectacle (as several thousands of people did,) but it WAS pretty amazing. Glad I got to see it.

View attachment 10954

Reactions: Gordon_4

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I know I talked a lot of shit about the eclipse and all the hype surrounding it, but it WAS pretty fucking cool. Your could see the stars and everything. I still say it was insane for anyone to have travelled any significant distance or spend a substantial amount of money to see 4 minutes of spectacle (as several thousands of people did,) but it WAS pretty amazing. Glad I got to see it.

View attachment 10954
Must've been nice. The clouds rolled in about an hour before the eclipse and the skies were completely overcast when it happened.

Can you believe this is the second eclipse I could've seen where that happened?

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Must've been nice. The clouds rolled in about an hour before the eclipse and the skies were completely overcast when it happened.

Can you believe this is the second eclipse I could've seen where that happened?
Yes, I can believe it. Murphy's Law dictates that you will be fucked over whenever the karmic gods mandate it should be so. A huge cloud covered the sun at exactly 1:40pm, right at the start of totality for me. It slightly cleared just in time for me to get a few picks, but the darkness was undeniable. Seeing stars at 1:40pm was surreal.

hanselthecaretaker2

Flask restoration in progress
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Now, now; let's not be rash. A warm Krispy Kreme donut is about as close as one can get to an orgasm without exposing one's genitals to very specific stimuli. The evidence is irrefutable; just look at these very Irish people's knees buckle under the weight of the glory of their first KK donuts.

Eeeesh, gotta semi-hard disagree here, unless that’s sarcasm. I mean, it’s an “ok” donut but I feel really bad for anyone who doesn’t have anything better in their town for this kinda thing.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Eeeesh, gotta semi-hard disagree here, unless that’s sarcasm. I mean, it’s an “ok” donut but I feel really bad for anyone who doesn’t have anything better in their town for this kinda thing.
No sarcasm. I'm not a huge sweet eater, neither a strong affinity for donuts, but when the craving hits me, none have sated it better than a fresh, warm plain KK donut. Closest being a small bakery in my home town of Columbus, OH called Resch's Bakery; they're already famous for pretty much everything they offer, but they have the BEST stick donuts. I make it a point to stop in every time I go home.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
It may surprise some to know that this is the kinda thing that makes me smile, but the greatest knockout in mixed martials history happened this weekend. Like it's not even a debate. I mean universally this is considered something that has never happened before and may never happen again

Essentially Max Holloway and Justin Gaethje were fighting for the BMF Title (Baddest Motherfer). They both have a record number of victories over opponents who have a record number of victories. Whats got everyone so up in arms is that Max is a "point" fighter where as Justin is a knockout artist. This means Max is the kinda guy that hits you 100 times when you only hit him 50 and wins more often by decision than knockouts where as Justin is a Knockout artist, someone who wins by ..knocking people out. If this were streetfighter it's Sakura vs Zangief.

Max had already won the 25 minutes 5 round fight. He Broken justins nose, which had inhibited his breathing, despite being a colorado native, and was just dancing around him the whole fight. Wasn't even a question, everyone knew it, Max had like 200 points on him. In the last 10 seconds Max aka Lil'Mac basically said "Hey Mike Tyson, lets just duke it out for the fans!" and the rest is history. I suggest watching the entire fight if you can. It's now considered MMA history. No ones ever done this before. This is like Bloodsport shit.

It's sorta funny because irl max is a total kitten. Like you wouldn't be surprised to find him on a beach in hawaii cooking bbq for people and hugging everybody. Super nice guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: gorfias