Some good music.

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must

Man is peer pressure a hell of a drug. This song from memory hit in like 1999 and was pretty popular through the 2000s so I heard and saw it a lot in high school. Now my friend group did not give the Backstreet Boys the time of day - from memory the shamefully unimaginative, homophobic and inaccurate nickname we gave them was 'the Backdoor Boys'.

So 20+ years on and we revisit this song and what do we find: Oh. It has a good beat, plenty of energy, you can dance to it, and the lads can all carry a tune. Sure the lyrics aren't anything to write home about but not every lyricist is Tim Rice or Jim Steinman. And the video itself is dripping in atmosphere worthy of a Meat Loaf song or at least kids Gothic horror show with only the few and brief external shots of the castle - which looks weirdly like Hogwarts - looking dated or cheap. All of the set design, make up and costuming are almost movie quality of the day.

So yeah, braver people than me knew this 25 years ago, but its a banger of a tune.
Am partial to a bit of Larger than Life, and know other instrument users who still carry the torch for the track to this day as it a banger on an acoustic lol 😉👊

(Don't ask why they look like they were just delivered on the matrix shopping floor tho)

-

This voice sounds like the Anthony guy I keep forgetting last name of when trying to find their music. The Johnsons? Was attacked by some scandal-ridden homophobic south African music stars at one point, also can't recall their name but were on a ubisoft in-game soundtrack, wtf...ah, websearch just informed they're Anohni and the Johnsons after some name changing occured.

-

Faithless been listening to on more appreciated level, the reverence album is timeless but gets overlooked cause their most famous sound was literally the last 2 minutes of a moody atmospheric 8-9 minute journey so they were just seen as that club sound. But they're so much more than that.

How can I change the world if I can't even change myself?
I cannot change the way I am?
I don't know,
I don't know.

I take a look at the world behind these eyes,
Every nook, every cranny reorganize,
Realize my face don't fit the way I feel.
What's real?
I need a mirror to check my face is in place,
Incase of upheaval, fundamental movement below,
What's really going on I want to know,
But yo, we don't show on the outside,
so slide.

Just below my skin I'm screaming...

I need a mirror for my spirit,
Yeah, can you feel it?
When I get deep, want to hear myself sleep,
Not drowning, tumbling around and around in the voices
Like a crowd in my head so loud,
I wonder what it's like to be dead,
I hope it's quiet, noise in my headlike a riot,
Any remedy you have for me I'll try it.

I'm going deep, so deep that I can't sleep,
The pills ain't cheep but the bills are steep,
So I ? with a booze and a spiff,
Try to snooze,
But who's dreaming, this is win or loose,
Put down the drink, try not to think,
Let it go, fundamental movement below,
And yo, reality is dreaming,

Some wisdom from Baseball Cap

Don't know who the fck Angeline is but she (allegedly) been places you never been.

Uh, opera, why not.

The full length track no radio would ever have played. Bastards.

Last edited:
Reactions: Offworlder
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Blocked in my country on copyright grounds.
Here’s the official channel, which I’d think should show up -

Sometimes I wonder if my phone “hears” the radio because a few days ago I heard it in my car, but the link in my feed was some random YouTuber’s.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I think I'm officially depressed. This song got me WAY more in my feelings than it should have. I'm reminded of the scene in Forget Paris where Billy Crystal calls out his wife for her lack of awareness of his unhappiness saying "yesterday, I ran out of toothpaste, and I broke into tears."

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Freestyler by Bomfunk MCs is 25 years old. 5 years ago they re-did the videoclip, with a girl. And it's not as good as the original, which I'm sure must be due to the work agenda.

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
Short story time: When i was "getting into music" in the mid-nineties i once asked in a forum for some recommendations and a lot of those became some of my all-time favorite bands.

One and at the time the most awesome one of those were "Lake of Tears", a swedish band which, at the time, went from doom metal (don't like it) into something more psychodelic. Loved them.

Soon after they split up; there were problems with mandated albums, and so on. They got back together 2002 or 3? And i got to hear them live at a festival (Sadly just under an hour). Then they vanished again. Year after year i looked them up, but never something new. And after a while i stopped looking them up.

So last year i remembered them, looked around: And there was a new album (From 2021. Also found the info: Daniel Brennare (The songwriter/singer and well... anchor of the band) had been fighting with chronic/reoccurring leukemia for a decade. Maybe explains his angry tone in the last albums and the bleakness of this one (But it does have it calm moments. Have been listening to it a lot. (It's a full concept album best listened to whole.)

But as excerpts: Ominous One and Ominous Too:

Full Album and Bonus track ("In Gloom", the Bonus track is REALLY good):

I just found it sad, that is has so few views. The old stuff has much more, but i guess people just forgot. But it's sad to see. And yes he is not a great singer, and the music is not prog-complicated as hell... but i always liked his music. Something there really "vibed" with me, as the kids say. If you have time look up their old stuff too. Mix of sad, ridiculous fun and psychodelic weird songs. Crimson Cosmos is a great album, Forever Autumn too.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Short story time: When i was "getting into music" in the mid-nineties i once asked in a forum for some recommendations and a lot of those became some of my all-time favorite bands.

One and at the time the most awesome one of those were "Lake of Tears", a swedish band which, at the time, went from doom metal (don't like it) into something more psychodelic. Loved them.

Soon after they split up; there were problems with mandated albums, and so on. They got back together 2002 or 3? And i got to hear them live at a festival (Sadly just under an hour). Then they vanished again. Year after year i looked them up, but never something new. And after a while i stopped looking them up.

So last year i remembered them, looked around: And there was a new album (From 2021. Also found the info: Daniel Brennare (The songwriter/singer and well... anchor of the band) had been fighting with chronic/reoccurring leukemia for a decade. Maybe explains his angry tone in the last albums and the bleakness of this one (But it does have it calm moments. Have been listening to it a lot. (It's a full concept album best listened to whole.)

But as excerpts: Ominous One and Ominous Too:

Full Album and Bonus track ("In Gloom", the Bonus track is REALLY good):

I just found it sad, that is has so few views. The old stuff has much more, but i guess people just forgot. But it's sad to see. And yes he is not a great singer, and the music is not prog-complicated as hell... but i always liked his music. Something there really "vibed" with me, as the kids say. If you have time look up their old stuff too. Mix of sad, ridiculous fun and psychodelic weird songs. Crimson Cosmos is a great album, Forever Autumn too.
Can't say I like the music, but that album cover(?) is really haunting, and I DO like that.

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
Can't say I like the music, but that album cover(?) is really haunting, and I DO like that.
Ah, yeah. Every Song has it's own associated picture. (The Full-LP Version switches when another song starts)

Drawn by Vladimir Chebakov. Mix of Giger + old easteuropean death-art. (Lots of skulls and aliens and aliens with skulls, hehe)
Maybe a bit to dark for me to have it hanging on the wall... but something like that would be awesome for a really messed up graphic novel.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Ah, yeah. Every Song has it's own associated picture. (The Full-LP Version switches when another song starts)

Drawn by Vladimir Chebakov. Mix of Giger + old easteuropean death-art. (Lots of skulls and aliens and aliens with skulls, hehe)
Maybe a bit to dark for me to have it hanging on the wall... but something like that would be awesome for a really messed up graphic novel.
Ah, thank you for sharing! Reminds me of H.R. Giger. Good stuff. Yeah, wouldn't hang it on my walls for fear of being put on some government watchlist, but certainly a coffee table art book or some such.