Some good music.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I really miss '90s Underworld. I miss '90s Electronic music in general. Yes, I can still listen to it, but I miss the whole vibe of the times: watching AMP at 2am, trips to the record store, my favorites in their prime releasing music that led the industry, etc.

Reactions: XsjadoBlaydette

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
I really miss '90s Underworld. I miss '90s Electronic music in general. Yes, I can still listen to it, but I miss the whole vibe of the times: watching AMP at 2am, trips to the record store, my favorites in their prime releasing music that led the industry, etc.

I was having a little Saturday morning booty shake to that while doing the washing up this morning.

Ahh, that time when your body and brain worked properly, you had freedom but few responsibilities, the world was a great field of possibilities and everything felt like an adventure and a voyage of discovery...

Speaking of, mate of mine showed me this a week or so ago, only just noticed they were made last year and not 30+ years ago

Last edited:

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
More Underworld. I love the original "Pearl's Girl," but this live version fucking RIPS the outro. I'm pretty sure the last minute of this version could function as a defibrillator if CPR isn't working.

XsjadoBlaydette

Piss-Drinking Nazi Wine-Mums
May 26, 2022
Country
Wales
hard to find songs attuned to a certain despair of the current times, got a few so far but looking for more always.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

XsjadoBlaydette

May 26, 2022
Country
Wales
Underworld's got ya' there, too.

Ooh thanks a much appreciated! 🙏 Always love hearing new musics, especially new despair musics lol ✊

-

Couldn't fit these 2 in previous post, the edit denied them 😔

Unsure if preferring this cover over the cranberries is cause it's better or cause the original's one of those tracks a 90s acoustic guitar learning process overexposes a student to. Why not both!

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Ooh thanks a much appreciated! 🙏 Always love hearing new musics, especially new despair musics lol ✊
Then I highly recommend Last Days. His music is plodding, melancholic, and contemplative, mostly ambient. Some very sad but tender shit. Some people put on happy music when they want to feel better or change their mood; I put on Last Days when I want to refuse to allow myself to believe things can get better.

Link to his bio: https://n5md.com/artist/Last-Days

Couldn't fit these 2 in previous post, the edit denied them 😔

Unsure if preferring this cover over the cranberries is cause it's better or cause the original's one of those tracks a 90s acoustic guitar learning process overexposes a student to. Why not both!

No, this version is FAR superior to the original. I never liked the original (never really liked that style of music in general,) and it was WAY overplayed to the point that even when you didn't actively seek it out, it found YOU like 4 times a day. This version is great.

XsjadoBlaydette

May 26, 2022
Country
Wales
Then I highly recommend Last Days. His music is plodding, melancholic, and contemplative, mostly ambient. Some very sad but tender shit. Some people put on happy music when they want to feel better or change their mood; I put on Last Days when I want to refuse to allow myself to believe things can get better.

Link to his bio: https://n5md.com/artist/Last-Days

No, this version is FAR superior to the original. I never liked the original (never really liked that style of music in general,) and it was WAY overplayed to the point that even when you didn't actively seek it out, it found YOU like 4 times a day. This version is great.
Tried to find a gif of a thief stuffing their trenchcoat with newfound goodies before running off as a lighthearted reply, without nary a crumb of success - technology has failed us yet again. Apart from my videogames, they're doing alright. For now.

wait, oh bollocks, thought this one was already added in original list;

Head rests,
a sore mind behind
these red eyes.
Watch the television,
sweet escapism,
game shows and racism.

Headlines,
war crimes behind
disguised affection.

All
for a cause