Funny events in anti-woke world

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
It's not the saturated fats but the combination of bad fats and sugar basically.

The video is actually about heart disease and the mechanisms that cause it vs just seed oils.
I've got knowledge of my own habits and the resultant cholesterol levels over time. I don't need a theory of the mechanisms, the correlations are well established.

The video is a half an hour long and I was annoyed by its presentation style in about 6 seconds, nobody is watching that.
Why can't you simply say when democrats do shit that makes no sense? Banning whole milk is stupid, doesn't matter who did that to me, it's pretty dumb. The shit that's now allowed in school lunches is the stuff that should be banned.
Don't over argue your point. Skim milk shouldn't be banned. Other than water, there are very few things you can eat or drink that could be labelled universally healthy or unhealthy for everyone. There was famously a study where people on heavy keto-esque diets had improved heart health by adding Oreos to their diet, which are basically made of all and only the processed oils and sugars you're against, because their body chemistry was messed up by having nothing sugary. Circumstance is important.

The wars on fats (and salt to an extent) come from making universal dietary rules based on specifically addressing the health problems of old white men. If you want to shame Democrats for silly ideas about nutrition, tell them that, and that'll get their attention.

Last edited:

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
I've got knowledge of my own habits and the resultant cholesterol levels over time. I don't need a theory of the mechanisms, the correlations are well established.

The video is a half an hour long and I was annoyed by its presentation style in about 6 seconds, nobody is watching that.

Don't over argue your point. Skim milk shouldn't be banned. Other than water, there are very few things you can eat or drink that could be labelled universally healthy or unhealthy for everyone. There was famously a study where people on heavy keto-esque diets had improved heart health by adding Oreos to their diet, which are basically made of all and only the processed oils and sugars you're against, because their body chemistry was messed up by having nothing sugary. Circumstance is important.

The wars on fats (and salt to an extent) come from making universal dietary rules based on specifically addressing the health problems of old white men. If you want to shame Democrats for silly ideas about nutrition, tell them that, and that'll get their attention.
Correlation doesn't equal causation. There's only 1 cholesterol marker that actually matters and very very very few doctors know enough to test for it. That's the most compact and informational video you'll find on the direct cause to heart disease, your loss for not watching it. Fat from say milk or cheese or steak isn't the thing causing heart disease, it's eating bad oils/fats in stuff like fried foods and condiments like mayo or ranch (look at what the number 1 ingredient is in those things) in combination with simple carbs (mainly sugars) that causes heart disease. One of my friends that's a teacher had a close colleague of his retire last year and then past away like a month or two later (he didn't even get his first retirement check). The only thing I knew about him was that he ate mayo with everything and It wasn't hard to guess what he died from.

I wasn't implying skim milk should be banned, I was referring to the ultraprocessed foods that are allowed in school lunches. You can see what these flawed dietary rules are resulting in all people now, all the way down to kids.

The oreo study was just one dude (N = 1) and it reveals why cholesterol is not nearly as important a number for health as everyone wants you to believe it is. Other people have showed that you can basically cheat a cholesterol test if you want to (due to possibly insurance being higher because higher levels for example). Here's the very dude that did it and he makes really solid videos overall.

Last edited:

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
As long as they don't let people ruin the essence of what should appeal to humans biologically for a political agenda(normalizing women with flat chests, fat men and women, etc, people without geometrically symmetrical faces)
Which doesn't include gay people obviously, or straight women, because they're not biological. Or people who have no interest in sex. And yes, those abnormal flat women certainly need to be kept out of the spotlight for biological reasons.

Seriously, what the fuck have you been on about!? Maybe check your water source or something.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not the one that posted a complete lie.
Yes you are. You said kids weren't allowed to have whole milk because of Democrats. That was a complete lie.

The rest of the post, about how great and necessary extra saturated fat is, is just wholly divorced from reality. Stop basing your views on YouTube videos.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
The sex appeal is the center of gravity of the game. It's the sausage in a hotdog, you still need a bun(story and combat), and it would be nice to have relish(Better pull luck), onions(endgame), and a place to sell it(community support). Without Eula, Raiden, and like characters no one much less people would pull. Lootboxes for guns are nice, but the sex appeal is what drive longevity.
That sounds so pathetic I'm not even able to laugh at it, it's just so deeply sad I feel sorry for you.

Reactions: Cicada 5

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
As long as they don't let people ruin the essence of what should appeal to humans biologically for a political agenda(normalizing women with flat chests, fat men and women, etc, people without geometrically symmetrical faces)
What planet are you living on?

There are multiple women with small chests in Hollywood that are successful and considered beautiful, far more so than many of their more full figured peers. And it's funny how fat people and "people without a geometrically symmetrical faces" (whatever the hell that means) are a "political agenda" now when people with such features have been making it big as comedians since the 80s. I can only imagine what you would say if The Drew Carey Show which featured two fat people was made today.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Correlation doesn't equal causation.
This sentence is for responding to people claiming causation because they found a correlation. Saying it at someone pointing out a correlation makes you look dumb.
Here's the very dude that did it and he makes really solid videos overall.
Second video, one minute in:
"The context and magnitude of effect are very different, so you can't extrapolate from mixed diet populations little bumps in LDL to conclude that it's the butter and cream bumping LDL on low carb diets."

The inverse of that is true: you can't extrapolate from people on low carb diets what effects saturated fats have on a mixed diet population. Context matters, and you're way overstating your case.

Reactions: Silvanus

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Yes you are. You said kids weren't allowed to have whole milk because of Democrats. That was a complete lie.

The rest of the post, about how great and necessary extra saturated fat is, is just wholly divorced from reality. Stop basing your views on YouTube videos.
You're saying I'm wrong based on semantics... Just because I used the word banned vs saying whole milk is banned from being provided. I'm not here to debate such bullshit. You gonna go to the movie/TV threads and saying I'm technically wrong because I don't put "in my opinion" before everything?

You don't read what I actually say. I didn't say anything about how great or necessary extra saturated fat is. I said what we've been doing to replace saturated fat is worse than saturated fat. Where in that claim do I say saturated fat is great or you should consume extra saturated fat? If you wanna drink milk, drink actual milk, if you wanna eat cheese, it real cheese; that's all I said. The low-fat options almost always are worse for you than the normal full-fat versions.

The guy I posted videos of is far more knowledgeable on the subject than the general nutrition advice you get from the government or general health websites. He also has the credentials you crave so much as well.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
It's always as if using different words can make the sentence mean different things.
My intent wasn't to literally say kids can't bring whole milk from home. I provided the link saying what was up. Stop being disingenuous and accusing me of saying something you know I'm obviously not trying to say. It's the equivalent of a game banning something from online play, someone complaining that said thing is banned, then replying back that it isn't true because it's not banned from single player/offline.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
You're saying I'm wrong based on semantics... Just because I used the word banned [...]
...when it wasn't banned, yes.

You don't read what I actually say. I didn't say anything about how great or necessary extra saturated fat is. I said what we've been doing to replace saturated fat is worse than saturated fat. Where in that claim do I say saturated fat is great or you should consume extra saturated fat?
"What we're doing to replace saturated fat" is a complete irrelevance in this discussion, though, because we're specifically talking about the provision of different kinds of milk to school kids. So unless you have a reason to think that this policy shift actually led to the replacement of these saturated fats with worse alternatives in schools, then you're not on topic.

NY kids do not require the extra saturated fat from whole milk. They may in fact be overconsuming saturated fat. And skimmed milk provides everything they need.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
What planet are you living on?

There are multiple women with small chests in Hollywood that are successful and considered beautiful, far more so than many of their more full figured peers. And it's funny how fat people and "people without a geometrically symmetrical faces" (whatever the hell that means) are a "political agenda" now when people with such features have been making it big as comedians since the 80s. I can only imagine what you would say if The Drew Carey Show which featured two fat people was made today.
I am just basing this off of Reddit comments. Every time there is a skimpy-dressed woman in a video game, the feminism subreddits light up and complain about it.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Which doesn't include gay people obviously, or straight women, because they're not biological. Or people who have no interest in sex. And yes, those abnormal flat women certainly need to be kept out of the spotlight for biological reasons.

Seriously, what the fuck have you been on about!? Maybe check your water source or something.
Gay people play Genshin as well, and you do realize I am Zhongli main due to his shielding making gameplay trivial. I play games with hot female characters but I always bent to the meta while also pulling for sexy characters when there are no sexy characters and it's one-sided that sucks.

That sounds so pathetic I'm not even able to laugh at it, it's just so deeply sad I feel sorry for you.
Okay, Boomer.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
...when it wasn't banned, yes.

"What we're doing to replace saturated fat" is a complete irrelevance in this discussion, though, because we're specifically talking about the provision of different kinds of milk to school kids. So unless you have a reason to think that this policy shift actually led to the replacement of these saturated fats with worse alternatives in schools, then you're not on topic.

NY kids do not require the extra saturated fat from whole milk. They may in fact be overconsuming saturated fat. And skimmed milk provides everything they need.
Banned from being provided or given out to the kids. Staff would actually get in trouble if they gave the kids whole milk in fact.

Kids are not overconsuming saturated fats... Kids also need saturated fats like all humans do.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Banned from being provided or given out to the kids. Staff would actually get in trouble if they gave the kids whole milk in fact.
So it wasn't banned. It just wasn't provided.

Kids are not overconsuming saturated fats... Kids also need saturated fats like all humans do.
They need a certain amount. Which they're already getting from plenty of sources. According to the DGA, 75-85% of children (depending on age) overconsume saturated fat.

Here's the American Heart Association encouraging children to eat foods low in saturated fat. Here's another study finding overconsumption of saturated fat.

I await your usual response of dismissing the sources based on meaningless quibbles or misunderstandings.