Funny events in anti-woke world

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
So it wasn't banned. It just wasn't provided.

They need a certain amount. Which they're already getting from plenty of sources. According to the DGA, 75-85% of children (depending on age) overconsume saturated fat.

Here's the American Heart Association encouraging children to eat foods low in saturated fat. Here's another study finding overconsumption of saturated fat.

I await your usual response of dismissing the sources based on meaningless quibbles or misunderstandings.
Banned from being provided, why are you trying to change what I was arguing into something else? Yep, because I was right. Your article even used the word banned.

Those pages are full of misinformation... Just because those are from "official" sources doesn't mean they aren't misinformation. The AHA is a joke telling you that dietary cholesterol actually matters, everyone knows that it doesn't now (even though that was known over 50 years ago). Cholesterol numbers don't matter and there's no reason a kid should get a cholesterol test in the first place.
Whole and reduced-fat milk are higher in saturated fat than fat-free and low-fat milk. Saturated fat is well-established to contribute to elevated LDL (“bad”) cholesterol, which is associated with an increased risk of heart disease. The 2020 Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee found strong evidence that diets lower in saturated fat and cholesterol during childhood result in lower levels of LDL cholesterol throughout childhood.

Also that DGA is literally telling you to eat unhealthy. Polyunsaturated fats are horrible for you. This is what I mean by there's no way people are eating too many saturated fats. That only happens because the guidelines are telling you to replace what you would normally have had with something worse and then because they lowered the "recommended" value, people then end up "overconsuming" them.
For those 2 years and older, intake of saturated fat should be limited to less than 10 percent of calories per day by replacing them with unsaturated fats, particularly polyunsaturated fats.

1717608111856.png

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Banned from being provided
Do you think it's fair to say you and I aren't allowed to have milk? Nobody provides me with it. I have to buy it myself.

Those pages are full of misinformation...
There it is, as predicted! The amateur analysis, and the expectation that we should take it more seriously than the experts in the field.

Reactions: Satinavian

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
If someone didn't lie about republicans wanting to take away food from needy kids, I wouldn't have even posted...
Where's the lie?

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Where's the lie?

There are no needy kids that will not receive school meals because of that.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Just stopping the pandemic emergency school lunch program would not cause needy kids to miss out on any school lunches. Were needy kids not getting free lunch before the pandemic? Hence, why would removing a pandemic era policy cause something to happen that wasn't happening before?
There *were* needy kids before. Kids who need free school lunches don't stop needing lunch when summer starts

Why do you have this bizarre belief that we had no problems before 2020?

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
There *were* needy kids before. Kids who need free school lunches don't stop needing lunch when summer starts

Why do you have this bizarre belief that we had no problems before 2020?
There will be no needy kids that go to school that miss out on school lunches before 2020 or now or post after we get rid of pandemic era policy.

So there were needy kids not getting school lunches before 2020? One of the reasons why it was so stupid that the closed schools during the pandemic was because that's where needy kids get a meal a day from. You could've just not closed schools...

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
If you can't make Pres, better bow to The Mouse.
Guess he finally saw those polls that even his most strident supporters are getting tired of the whole "war on woke" thing.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Just stopping the pandemic emergency school lunch program would not cause needy kids to miss out on any school lunches. Were needy kids not getting free lunch before the pandemic? Hence, why would removing a pandemic era policy cause something to happen that wasn't happening before?
I asked for proof and instead you provided me your own personal conjecture. No evidence. If you're going to outright call someone a liar I would expect you to have actual facts to provide. You have such a rage-boner over COVID that you're willing to throw away positive policies just because they were introduced during COVID.

1. Yes there were absolutely needy kids pre-COVID who were not receiving school lunches, and the policies introduced during COVID fixed that, and allowed these kids to eat, or reduced the burden on their parents to provide food.

2. I linked to 4 articles that talked about multiple different policies that Republicans are targeting, only one of which was the COVID school lunch policy (and one of which is a policy that was expanded during COVID, but which has been around since the 60s). Care to address any of the other ones?

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Kathy Hochul is bad for having her analysts do rigorous urban planning analyses and doing what every European city is doing.

BTW fuck your car.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
I asked for proof and instead you provided me your own personal conjecture. No evidence. If you're going to outright call someone a liar I would expect you to have actual facts to provide. You have such a rage-boner over COVID that you're willing to throw away positive policies just because they were introduced during COVID.

1. Yes there were absolutely needy kids pre-COVID who were not receiving school lunches, and the policies introduced during COVID fixed that, and allowed these kids to eat, or reduced the burden on their parents to provide food.

2. I linked to 4 articles that talked about multiple different policies that Republicans are targeting, only one of which was the COVID school lunch policy (and one of which is a policy that was expanded during COVID, but which has been around since the 60s). Care to address any of the other ones?
I'd be assuming the parent has to apply for free lunches in some way to get them. Them not doing the application is the only way a needy kid would not be able to get free lunches at school. Are you saying the qualifications for free lunches pre-2020 did not include all needy kids because they were too stringent?

First article is about the Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer program, which getting rid of that doesn't affect needy kids' school lunches. 2nd article is about eliminating free lunches for all in low-income areas, which doesn't take away lunches from kids are needy and qualify for free lunches anyway. 3rd article is paywalled. 4th article was a bill about North Dakota wanting to raise the income qualifications of the federal program for free lunches. That ends up, of course, leading to whether you think the federal program is insufficient as I posed that question up above already in essence. The one thing you can say republicans are taking away would be the summer money of really just $120 that the pandemic program afforded but those aren't school lunches. And SNAP also considers how many kids you have in how much food assistance is given.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I'd be assuming the parent has to apply for free lunches in some way to get them. Them not doing the application is the only way a needy kid would not be able to get free lunches at school. Are you saying the qualifications for free lunches pre-2020 did not include all needy kids because they were too stringent?
So, the details of how the program worked pre-Covid expansion (and after):

National School Lunch Program (NSLP) is available for families whose income is under 130% of the poverty level, or who receive SNAP or TANF ('Temporary Assistance for Needy Families'). Schools must opt into the program, and about ~28% of kids are in Schools that do not. Disproportionately the Schools that don't opt in are in low-income areas, for various reasons.

So, yes, it's inarguable that there are needy kids who aren't covered by the standard NSLP.

((I'd also like to point out that since Phoenixmgs argued that if school doesn't provide something, then it can be said to be "not allowed", his own rhetorical logic would mean that kids who don't get free school meals are "not allowed" to have meals)).

Reactions: TheMysteriousGX

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
That link is data from like over 50 years ago.
This is true, though school enrollment rate seems to be poorly recorded generally. Nonetheless the NSLP states it provides for just under 100k schools, and there are >115k in the US.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
If you were wondering how Vivian and Pride month was going in the gaming sphere
Short version: They added LGBTQ+ flag skins for weapons for Pride, and one weapon applies the weapon skin to the bullets. So if you put the trans flag weapon skin on, you shoot bullets painted with the trans flag, or as Grummz has dubbed them "trans bullets".

Republicans move one letter away from being the Westboro baptist church.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...-mailer-declaring-god-hates-flags/ar-BB1nD6fe
God Hates Flags, huh? Sounds like all good believers should burn all the flags they own, then. And people who aren't shouldn't bother because 1A.

I'd have them start with the thin blue line and MAGA flags. No need to be unpatriotic, after all.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
This is true, though school enrollment rate seems to be poorly recorded generally. Nonetheless the NSLP states it provides for just under 100k schools, and there are >115k in the US.
That's either probably one source being more recent or just the difference in private and public schools. The main reason kids weren't getting free lunch from your source is because a lot of schools didn't even have cafeterias because the schools were in the heart of the neighborhood and kids went home for lunch; hence, kids couldn't get free lunches when the school doesn't have the ability to provide any lunches. That's what happens with data from over 50 years ago.