Funny Events of the "Woke" world

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
The wiki article gives 13 examples. Not the same thing.

But, putting that aside, trying to quantify this is very difficult. It's easy to see examples of prejudice, but giving numbers to them is another thing.
Yes, but it's better than the eyeballing way Americans do it which is a free-for-all based on human bias. Some people prefer race, others class, others nothing. I could add more sides, and I would welcome someone doing something like this since I am more interested in other stuff like civilizational point defense of war, climate, and resource allocation.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
The View was so unprepared:

Edit: yes this is fake, and yes I fell for it.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Sadly most of the people who look at this would be academics and data people, and the bosses basically do basic race-based affirmative action analysis alongside how well you market yourself if you're in a larger company, or not even that. But it's a good theory I just don't have the tools to implement a visualization of it yet.
What?

Do you think that all hiring is based primarily on race?

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

"Yes, no problem, go tell that to the women who are hit, killed, denigrated, or who commit suicide because they cannot live up to the fictional standards expected by men. The problem is not the sexy design itself (except that it sucks compared to others, but hey, that doesn't matter), but the percentage of males who will only want this type of fictional body in reality. Obviously we understand that this does not shock people who think that women are objects who must obey and be beaten. This design makes us sigh and roll our eyes, and we laugh at anyone who needs it, man or woman, but that's it. The certainly clashing remark in the text (which) targets the entire creative process, not necessarily a specific designer or the game director - this is obvious to anyone who knows a little French), only has this impact because a a good portion of gamers have become too fragile due to being fed the patriarchy."

Imagine being a French Ubisoft dev, and thinking women are killing themselves over being ugly compared to a woman in a video game modeled on a woman who either does a crapton of plastic surgery or won the genetic lottery. I don't look at Korean dramas and think oh no X looks better than me better kill myself. What does that say about what this Ubisoft dev thinks about the fragility of women and his infantilization of them aka Women deserve equal rights, but also need to be treated like children.

Also, have fun earning money from me when I buy Ubisoft games at 12 dollars on sale.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
No thank you.

Don't go on the KIA and Asmongold subreddit cesspools, guys.
It shouldn't matter where I get my information from as long as it's true. And yes you can argue these forums are anti-X, Y, Z (Feminism, democracy, etc.) But I can show you posts from any number of misandry, communist, and or red fascist subreddits that also exist.

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
Imagine being a French Ubisoft dev, and thinking women are killing themselves over being ugly compared to a woman in a video game modeled on a woman who either does a crapton of plastic surgery or won the genetic lottery. I don't look at Korean dramas and think oh no X looks better than me better kill myself. What does that say about what this Ubisoft dev thinks about the fragility of women and his infantilization of them aka Women deserve equal rights, but also need to be treated like children.
The posts claim "IGN France editor", not "Ubisoft developer".

As for whether it is true ... it is not the worst take i have seen on this topic (well, literally. It is still a very bad take) and the internet is full of randos spouting utter nonsense, half of it clickbait. So it might be true, might be wrong, but is pretty irrelevant anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
The posts claim "IGN France editor", not "Ubisoft developer".

As for whether it is true ... it is not the worst take i have seen on this topic (well, literally. It is still a very bad take) and the internet is full of randos spouting utter nonsense, half of it clickbait. So it might be true, might be wrong, but is pretty irrelevant anyway.
Irrelevant how. People are de facto revolting against the current Western gaming companies by playing gambling simulators in China, rip-off MMOs and shooters in South Korea, and the good Japanese single-player story games.

And by the way, I don't want that to happen either since a free marketplace of many choices means fewer horrid corporate decisions.

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
Irrelevant how. People are de facto revolting against the current Western gaming companies by playing gambling simulators in China, rip-off MMOs and shooters in South Korea, and the good Japanese single-player story games.
No, they are not. People mix and match since forever, try what looks like they like it and continue what they perceive as fun.

People in the West played Asian rip-off MMOs as you call them 20 years ago already. But those just hadn't the appeal of WOW. They also played Japanese single player story games (when someone bothered to translate), FFVII was huge in the West, the Zeldas, Horizon, Near Automata... all popular even in the West.

Admittedly they didn't play Asian Gacha games all that much (aside maybe the Fate game that could build on a beloved Anime franchise). But then Genshin impact is the first real high quality Gacha game for PC and western people play it because they like it.

None of that has anything to do with reactions to "Western gaming" and all with how appealing the non-western games are.

And no, people don't abandon Western games either. What was the last GotY ? BG3, a Western title. Yes, Starfield was a disappointment, but still widely sold. Hogwarts was a huge sucess. And on the multiplayer side, Fortnite is going strong as ever, despite coming in the years. No one is abandoning Western gaming.

Sure, there are developers and publishers is trouble. But there have always been developers and buplishers in trouble and there have always been genres in decline or on the rise.

But honestly, players really don't care whether a game is western or not. Most also don't care about the publishers or developers reputation.

That one life service game after the other flops, is not a "Western gaming crisis", it is a life service crisis born from stubbornly chasing an audience that does not exist. And there are enough Eastern failures in this category as well.

Gamers also generally don't fight stupid culture wars. Nor does the industry, really.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
People are de facto revolting against the current Western gaming companies by playing gambling simulators in China, rip-off MMOs and shooters in South Korea, and the good Japanese single-player story games.
Could you give me some numbers on that, because otherwise all you have is reactionaries complaining about wokeness. And people have been "revolting" against western game companies for years. Back when Ubisoft was still considered a decent company it was EA that pretty much everyone hated. And guess what? They still sold boat loads of games.