Funny Events of the "Woke" world

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Irrelevant how. People are de facto revolting against the current Western gaming companies by playing gambling simulators in China, rip-off MMOs and shooters in South Korea, and the good Japanese single-player story games.

And by the way, I don't want that to happen either since a free marketplace of many choices means fewer horrid corporate decisions.
Just like how people were de facto revolting against the "PC" Western gaming companies in the late 2000s or defacto revolting against the "SJW" Western gaming companies in the 2010s (or even defacto revolting against the "fake gamer girls" also in the 2010s).....

It's all culture war nonsense pushed by a loud minority for political purposes, and you've apparently sunk deeply into the latest iteration.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
I am going to reply to all because I am too lazy to click the reply button for everyone. We are now in a global inflation, and cost of living crisis due to multiple factors that I have already discussed(war in Ukraine, climate change, trade wars, and economic revolts), every dollar you spend on an eastern game takes away from a western game company's revenue because people have budgets, or at least don't want to go homeless playing video games. Since "fun money" for entertainment, and vacations is going down, plus the end of covid video game companies are in a death spiral. Therefore people are spending less on video games. So everything now is opportunity cost, again if I spend on HSR or Genshin that's one dollar that didn't go to spending on Ubisoft barf simulator 2000 or ripoff EA game sequel 202X. That's my logic.

BG3, Fornite, and many of the Western games that have good-looking characters or at least have appealing characters to look at with good designs are going to succeed more when mixed with good gameplay, and story. The more you invest in the appeal of your game the more customers you get. Simple as that, and first impressions are very important. Furthermore, I am not saying we can't have fat, or short hair, or other characters that many people find unappealing but you have to have good-looking characters. Even COD did this with the Boy's characters.

Yet some games like the shooter Concord for example have only unappealing characters. GTA5 where the NPCs look better than the main characters. Starfield where the modders will have to fix ugly characters. That's not to mention both Hellblade games.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
So I was reading pages 124 to 164 of Project 2025. It's about the department of defense. And the weird thing is I end up agreeing more than disagreeing I couldn't find one thing there that I can't entirely disagree with.

The one hole they have is wanting more F-35A fighter jets, but they didn't mention the growing pilot shortage. About South Korea, it mentioned they needed to take the conventional defense lead on it North Korea. Still, South Korea will cease to become a powerful nation 50 to 100 years from now due to the birthrate if you have seen how Hamas destroyed Israeli tanks and automated turrets; that policy leaves a lot to be desired.

There was also nothing I could find about murdering every person of color, yes there were some deportations, but I doubt they will do it and follow through.

"Increase the Army force structure by 50,000 to handle two major regional contingencies simultaneously" Good luck finding enough people to staff that.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

JD Vance comes from my state and is pretending to be an idiot which he is a Yale grad and is succeeding in, but liberals have a bad-faith view on Islam. Their idea is to get as many people to the US for every reason under the sun. From economic, moral, guilt, etc. Poll after poll after poll has shown Muslims have illiberal views on almost every social issue to the point where the City of Dearborn which has a high number of Muslims in terms of % banned all flags in an attempt to ban LGBTQ flags. The very definition of bad faith. Banning all Muslims is like dropping a nuke when you need a scalpel, and is just as dumb as banning all Chinese immigrants because of the Chinese government.

And no teachers and libraries having trans story hours aren't how you do it. I would rather have a well-dressed gay man explain his tech job and how it's friendly to everyone over someone trans or not who talks about sex to elementary school children.

This is why the US government handles immigration intelligently by using a diverse mix of people. If every immigrant was Islamic we would be in trouble arguably more than if every immigrant was Buddhist, Hindu, or Jewish based on Gallup polls.

So why are liberals bad faith because they don't address the question, deflect points at other religious groups(evangelicals) as being just bad, etc, when Sam Harris, for example, makes an argument about it. Because they know Muslims from Muslim countries have illiberal beliefs. Governments are fundamentally created from the population it's not like they are aliens holding a population hostage. And Islamic countries have some of the most egregious human rights-violating governments on Earth.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I am going to reply to all because I am too lazy to click the reply button for everyone. We are now in a global inflation, and cost of living crisis due to multiple factors that I have already discussed(war in Ukraine, climate change, trade wars, and economic revolts), every dollar you spend on an eastern game takes away from a western game company's revenue because people have budgets, or at least don't want to go homeless playing video games. Since "fun money" for entertainment, and vacations is going down, plus the end of covid video game companies are in a death spiral. Therefore people are spending less on video games. So everything now is opportunity cost, again if I spend on HSR or Genshin that's one dollar that didn't go to spending on Ubisoft barf simulator 2000 or ripoff EA game sequel 202X. That's my logic.
That logic is flawed.

You aren't taking money away from EA or Ubisoft by buying mihoyo games. You weren't going to be buying the EA or Ubisoft games anyway, therefore you weren't a potential customer to begin with.

This is the same flawed logic that publishers use when talking about piracy. They see every pirated game as a copy of a game they would have sold if it wasn't for piracy, but that's not the case. A lot of people pirate games that they wouldn't have bought anyway, and if they couldn't pirate the game they just wouldn't have played it.

Mihoyo's games fall into genres that are most popular with Japanese game devs, not western ones, so for the most part the customer base they're taking money from are Eastern, and therefore their success is mostly in opposition to other Eastern (mostly Japanese) game devs. Maybe more people would have bought Shin Megami Tensei V, but they decided to play Honkai Star Rail instead because Honkai was free. On the other hand I very much doubt anyone passed up playing the newest Call of Duty to play Genshin Impact instead because they're games that scratch a completely different itch.

Not all games are in direct competition with each other.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Getting back on track here something I found actually worth a discussion. It's not all negative but the video does highlight a lot of the people who are homophobic or get overly defensive when Jojo gets called "gay" or "gay coded and forced". There are people who lie won't watch any of the anime because they assume it's "gay". Either way it's some form of homphobia and toxic masculinity.

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
So tough on China. :unsure:
Does this surprise you in any way or form ? The one time he had a meeting with Xi as president he told everyone how well it went and what a splendid guy that is. Because he loves authoritarian tough guys.

And he also made it clear several times that he sees all military alliances as basically other countries paying tribute to the US for protection and the use of US forces as mercenaries. He also doesn't like to keep costly promises.

Selling out Taiwan was always on the table, the same as selling out the Ukraine. Or how he treated the Kurds.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
And he also made it clear several times that he sees all military alliances as basically other countries paying tribute to the US for protection and the use of US forces as mercenaries. He also doesn't like to keep costly promises.

Selling out Taiwan was always on the table, the same as selling out the Ukraine. Or how he treated the Kurds.
Even if Taiwan paid the US protection money, it still wouldn't guarantee the US actually turning up when needed.

I'm also just going to carefully remind everyone of Trump's penchant for cheating his business partners.

Reactions: Satinavian

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

I am with them and think they should get their money's worth from the union, but let's be real, many games will start doing Japanese dubs. Including many games I play.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Could you give me some numbers on that, because otherwise all you have is reactionaries complaining about wokeness. And people have been "revolting" against western game companies for years. Back when Ubisoft was still considered a decent company it was EA that pretty much everyone hated. And guess what? They still sold boat loads of games.
Certainly.

1722119256621.png
1722119618744.png#

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020

As someone who despises organized religion, they always seem to insult one religion over another one.
From what I've seen it seems like the ceremony was more of an insult to France itself by making it look boring and just weird rather than trying to look cultures or refined or putting on a good show or you know showcasing the nations heritage and history to the world.

Look at what the UK did when we had it.

James Bond, Mr Bean, Always Look on the Bright Side of life. The Punk movement, Kids literature.

France could easily have showcased their culture and heritage. A little Red Riding hood inspired bit, maybe a Cinderella bit, maybe a reference to the film "A trip to the moon" something about "the Returned" the well received French TV series I think getting a US remake soon if it's not already. I think they managed to reference the French revolution at one point though that's about it. Also what does the Last Supper have to even do with France please?

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Look at what the UK did when we had it.

James Bond, Mr Bean, Always Look on the Bright Side of life. The Punk movement, Kids literature.
And d'you recall the right wing moaning about the British one too?

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States

As someone who despises organized religion, they always seem to insult one religion over another one.
1. How is a reference an insult?
2. I wonder why a country who's history going back millennia is interwoven with that of a particular religion would reference that particular religion and not other random ones. Surely a mystery for the ages.