US 2024 Presidential Election

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
To be fair, it's almost certainly because of Liz Cheney being snubbed by the current Republican party. But yeah, that's an endorsement you don't need to tout.
Yeah but Dick could just not vote for Republicans in that case. If he's actively voting for Harris, he's presumably agreeing with at least a good chunk of what she is doing...

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Yeah but Dick could just not vote for Republicans in that case. If he's actively voting for Harris, he's presumably agreeing with at least a good chunk of what she is doing...
That would require him to have principals. It could be the policies, it could be to spite Trump as hard as possible.
Maybe he should just clear the air with him on a hunting trip?

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
naw I saw the interviews. Essentially Liz stated that this election is too important to sit on the sidelines and risk trump winning.

A lot of this goes back to the mid-2000s when the Tea Party took over the republican party and they slid into open fascism and zealotry echoing the same movement in europe. Chaney is part of the old party that doesn't say the quiet part outloud.

Theres growing belief that the republican party is on the verge collapse since Trump replaced all the leaders of the RNC with his family and cronies and whether or not Trump wins would determine what takes its place.

Chaney just wants Trump out whatever it takes.

The left wing media response as been like "cool even that monster hates trump.", but by no means welcoming him.

Reactions: BrawlMan

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
naw I saw the interviews. Essentially Liz stated that this election is too important to sit on the sidelines and risk trump winning.

A lot of this goes back to the mid-2000s when the Tea Party took over the republican party and they slid into open fascism and zealotry echoing the same movement in europe. Chaney is part of the old party that doesn't say the quiet part outloud.

Theres growing belief that the republican party is on the verge collapse since Trump replaced all the leaders of the RNC with his family and cronies and whether or not Trump wins would determine what takes its place.

Chaney just wants Trump out whatever it takes.

The left wing media response as been like "cool even that monster hates trump.", but by no means welcoming him.
I'm sure my already low view of Democrats are coloring my thoughts on this but to me, if I were a Democrat, I'd have to at least stop and think for at least a minute that Dick Fucking Cheney is voting for my candidate and maybe that should be a sign of what we're voting for. Cause when I see stories like this and a big Democrat Twitter Account celebrating it, all I see is more proof that if someone like George W Bush ran for president again but put a D next to his name instead of a R, Democrats would fall in line and #VBNMW for Bush...

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
He's angling for a redemption arc: either he gets to be Normal and can try to usurp the Democratic Party ala Labour, or he'll get to reshape the New GOP in his image after a couple of elections blasting the Maga GOP into scrap

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
He's angling for a redemption arc: either he gets to be Normal and can try to usurp the Democratic Party ala Labour, or he'll get to reshape the New GOP in his image after a couple of elections blasting the Maga GOP into scrap
Trump taking over the Republican has likely been the best thing that ever happened to the Bush administration. That the Cheney's got ousted from the party not because of the war but solely for not thinking democracy should get replaced with Donald Trump only makes the current GOP looks all the more creepy.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

Common Jill Stein, and Moldova L.

Also, I can't wait for a Battle of Berlin-style battle in Moscow. Wouldn't that be ironic?

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008

The Green Party in a nutshell everyone.
Once again, I have no idea why you people think that if somehow magically The Green Party was removed from all ballots that we would all suddenly fall in line and vote Democrats. Green Party isn't "stealing" votes away from Democrats, we were never voting for Democrats in the first place. Democrats are failing to convince us to vote for them.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Once again, I have no idea why you people think that if somehow magically The Green Party was removed from all ballots that we would all suddenly fall in line and vote Democrats. Green Party isn't "stealing" votes away from Democrats, we were never voting for Democrats in the first place. Democrats are failing to convince us to vote for them.
I don't love the Dems; I shitpost about them more than I do the Republicans from time to time. I just think she's a Russian asset who doesn't seem to care about any of her policies or anything other than a Russian paycheck. Otherwise, she would create a strong green party ground game and be more like the modern-day German Greens, for example, an effective anti-climate change party that happens to run a third party.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
I don't love the Dems; I shitpost about them more than I do the Republicans from time to time. I just think she's a Russian asset who doesn't seem to care about any of her policies or anything other than a Russian paycheck. Otherwise, she would create a strong green party ground game and be more like the modern-day German Greens, for example, an effective anti-climate change party that happens to run a third party.

1725750443328.png

Green Party does go after smaller elections (and win them). Just because you dorks only pay attention to Green Party every four years so you can cry SPOILER!!!!! every Presidential Election doesn't mean Green Party only runs for President.

I also find it incredibly rich the Russian shit when a bunch of Far Right Republican podcasters literally were just caught being paid a ton of money to push Russian talking points...

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Once again, I have no idea why you people think that if somehow magically The Green Party was removed from all ballots that we would all suddenly fall in line and vote Democrats.
Because people don't think all Green Party voters are like you, and there very possibly are enough Green Party voters who'd choose Democrat instead such that it would swing a close election.

Of course, the Democrats might also just want to reduce the Green Party's media footprint, because the express desire of most of the Greens seems to be to break the two-party system... starting with the Democratic Party.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

View attachment 11830

Green Party does go after smaller elections (and win them). Just because you dorks only pay attention to Green Party every four years so you can cry SPOILER!!!!! every Presidential Election doesn't mean Green Party only runs for President.

I also find it incredibly rich the Russian shit when a bunch of Far Right Republican podcasters literally were just caught being paid a ton of money to push Russian talking points...