Country
United States of America

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
If there's no connection whatsoever between voting and receiving the free food, then it could be a different story. Calling it "Fuel the Vote" when it has nothing at all to do with the vote is a weird choice of labeling, though (hint: the point was to entice people to come out and vote by offering them free food). None of the articles I'd seen on it were clear on whether or not it carried the expectation one would vote or had voted.
Of course there was a connection. But it wasn't an exchange, it wasn't a reward. It's in the same ballpark as workplaces giving people voting day off: that's an encouragement/ ease-of-access thing, but not an enticement.

It doesn't eliminate the complaint, it changes it. Because mail in ballots aren't turned in to polling places, and you know poll watchers and such. It's this weird hybrid where it looks and acts exactly like a polling place, but technically isn't so it can do things that aren't how a polling place works either. Literally created to be an end run around policy by being Schrodinger's polling place.
It doesn't eliminate this new complaint you're making, but that wasn't the nature of Tstorm's issue we were discussing. Tstorm said in principle he's fine with satellite offices. His issue was specifically rooted in the idea that they weren't legal and thus conferred an unfair advantage for those who operated them when others did not.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
That this election is still so close is a mystery for the ages. The guy was always extremely unqualified, did four years of misrule and corruption, and did a coup when voters noticed this.

That should be the end of the story. Why isn’t it?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Why isn’t it?
Because a bunch of bitches with heads up their asses couldn't deal with the fact that a black man became President for 8 years in the United Atates. Said bitches rally behind one of the biggest bitches in boxstands of all time, because he couldn't handle Obama's criticisms of him and decide to run into office and treat the job like it's his own personal mafia. Not helping matters that you have people who fear him or just want to be part of his little group, so they can have their own form if power and will willingly suck up to him any means possible. That's why all the crazies are in the Republican house now. They keep letting these assholes in. Then you have those that don't give a rats ass about Trump, but find him useful, then manipulate his ego so they can get what they want and he's too stupid and narcissistic to realize it. Finally,you have the usual Ultra conservative right wing side of the media downplaying his actions or presenting them as some type of good thing and for our own good.

Last edited:

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
In fairness, the other side is pretty bad too. Now, not nearly as bad as Trump et al, of course, and I hope it's Team not!Trump that wins, but people seem to have gotten tired of supporting the lesser evil.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
In fairness, the other side is pretty bad too. Now, not nearly as bad as Trump et al, of course, and I hope it's Team not!Trump that wins, but people seem to have gotten tired of supporting the lesser evil.
Especially when the lesser evil side has lesser evil'ed their way into doing some genocide

Who'd have known that people would eventually hit a limit on how much "Lesser Evil" they are willing to accept

Reactions: crimson5pheonix
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Links please.
EDIT: Where I live, I see non-stop adds about, "Trump and his Project 2025". I have never, ever, heard him ever endorse it or claim to have anything to do with it.

My understanding is the deep state did everything they could to avoid actually speaking about the merits of the cases brought about 2020.
Example discussion:
It actually wouldn’t surprise me.

When the media has to stoop to stuff like this to make someone look and sound worse, it makes one pause and wonder just who is being more dishonest, and what can truly be believed. Our whole establishment is a shitshow as the latest election theatrics are demonstrably confirming.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
but people seem to have gotten tired of supporting the lesser evil.
For some people, it's not even that. I've already seen more than a few people that aren't voting period, even when I informed them of the Green Party. Reasons include either the seeing Green as an even lesser lesser evil that doesn't make a difference, the Party being "too weak", or the standard deflective/defeatist voting doesn't matter, nothing"you"/I do matters, or my vote doesn't matter smart ass, wannabe Rick Sanchez bullshit, they tell themselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
I think everyone is aware at this point that "tie" usually means "I prefer the Republican but I don't want to say it".
It's within the margin of error, or MOE.

At the start, Vance was winning. in the middle, it was a tie, and towards the end, Walz was winning. Granted, most Americans only watch the beginning, but Walz wasn't facing a total collapse at the start like Biden and Trump were.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Imagine wanting to make more money with no education, no certs, off of the street, and making 90 to 200 thousand a year.

Many if not most engineers, tech sector workers, and healthcare workers don't make that much, and don't even get me started on accountants.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
I think everyone is aware at this point that "tie" usually means "I prefer the Republican but I don't want to say it".
Because people who prefer politicians who lie as long as it aligns with their twisted view of the world are sociopaths.

Reactions: bluegate

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
That this election is still so close is a mystery for the ages. The guy was always extremely unqualified, did four years of misrule and corruption, and did a coup when voters noticed this.

That should be the end of the story. Why isn’t it?
An efficient network of propaganda developed over half a century that effectively and scientifically pushes the button in peoples brains that convinces them to embrace their primitive fearing and hating of 'those who are not like us' as their identity, always on the verge of being under attack from vast shadowy forces who will take everything they have known.

Reactions: bluegate

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Imagine wanting to make more money with no education, no certs, off of the street, and making 90 to 200 thousand a year.

Many if not most engineers, tech sector workers, and healthcare workers don't make that much, and don't even get me started on accountants.

If they're so unimportant, we can ignore what their demands are because everything will be fine without them, right?

Other people getting bad pay doesn't mean they shouldn't fight for their own pay. The shipping industry is making record profits so they deserve a cut of that (not to mention that, like UPS last year, people make that kind of money because they work 60-80 weeks so a lot of their big bucks is from a ton of OT, something these news stories always seem to just ignore because it doesn't sound nearly as lucrative and greedy for the workers if everyone knew they were working so many hours).

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
ok

so? maybe they should strike too.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
If they're so unimportant, we can ignore what their demands are because everything will be fine without them, right?

Other people getting bad pay doesn't mean they shouldn't fight for their own pay. The shipping industry is making record profits so they deserve a cut of that (not to mention that, like UPS last year, people make that kind of money because they work 60-80 weeks so a lot of their big bucks is from a ton of OT, something these news stories always seem to just ignore because it doesn't sound nearly as lucrative and greedy for the workers if everyone knew they were working so many hours).
ok

so? maybe they should strike too.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
K

I couldn't give two shits about how "inefficient" they are, especially considering how much money is made off of their backs doing the work. The work gets done, the billionaires gets more money than they can spend in multiple lifetimes from said work, and the workers deserve a piece of that pie that is being made off of their work.

Just because you're fine with companies taking advantage of people with bad pay doesn't mean everyone else has to be. Get your bag Longshore Peeps.