Australia

Drathnoxis

I love the smell of card games in the morning
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Michael McConnohie, prolific video game voice actor has a voice credit for an Ouya exclusive called Shady's Poopong: 22nd Anniversary Edition. I wonder how the heck that happened considering the game has the distinct appearance of something that might have been released on Xbox Live Indie Games.

Today I learned that apparently, it's not uncommon for people in the UK to wash their dishes and not rinse the soap off afterwards. I saw a TikTok video about it and did some semi-diligent Google sleuthing, and confirmed that it IS a thing. How widespread a "thing" it is, I couldn't tell you, but WTF? Any UKers here want to sound off and explain the thinking here??
Man, it's not even about washing off the soap. It's about washing off the dirty dishwater! That's gross.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
The Bodybuilding.com forums have gone dark. And thus goes another legend of the internet. So much insane shit, so many memes.

How will we know how many days there are in a week?

So many superstraight dudebros engaging in the most homoerotic shit

And let's not forget "the worst possible date ever (10 pics)"

A huge loss for the internet. No sarcasm.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
TIL about Doggerland, the landmass that existed between continental Europe and the British isles less than 10000 years ago

Here's a video of an archaeologist talking about it for 40 minutes

davidmc1158

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
TIL that about roughly 40% of all the medical saline used in the United States was produced in the Carolinas and that Hurricane Helene shut that plant down. Estimates are that it's going to take around 6 to 8 months before they are back up to full production.

In the meantime, my hospital has had to cancel/postpone indefinitely elective surgeries and are being very careful about which non-elective surgeries get preference while they scramble for other possible supplies.

I've always held a great deal of respect for the nurses and staff who have to deal with the daily nitty-gritty details and seeing them doing their damnedest to work around this latest insanity just makes me respect them even more.

Reactions: The Rogue Wolf

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Wow, so much history?

The 70.000.000 year history is more interesting tho. Egyptians riding T-Rexes is peak.

7.000.000.000 year history is kinda boring tho. Just Egyptians floating around in the molecular cloud for 2,5 billion years.