General Movies, Music, Web Show, and TV News Thread

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Supposedly, 3000 peoplehave come forward against Diddy. Holy. Fuck. That's 1 a day for like 8 years straight.
They either want a piece of the Piddy pie or that’s one massive sex ring.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Or just deferring to the last small paragraph of the article to make his point.

keyword “Fame”!
Sure, I've read it. And also that he seems to believe any 'deserving' inductee needs to be innovative and essential. I like that he seems to include Led Zeppelin among them. For the record, I like Zepellin, but like half their songs verge really close on plagiarism. They did have the benefit of being way more famous than the bands they liberally cribbed from tho.

Anyway, I would dare him to walk up to a group of hiphop oldheads and tell them Tribe and the Queen of R&B weren't innovative and essential. Ok, I agree Foreigner is kinda mid, and I don't know anything about the Dave Matthew Band, but the Peppers? Yeah, they're imo deservedly kind of the butt of jokes now, but the work of Frusciante and Flea has influenced slews of modern musicians.

But I have a suspicion 'modern' might be the problem. Basically all the acts he names as worthy are from the 50s to 70s. All the ones he thinks unworthy are 80s or newer.

Hence the whole coming across as old man yells at cloud.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
So apparently Joker: Folie à Deux had a lower opening weekend than The Marvels. :giggle:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
but Morbius didn't go broke because it went woke, The Marvels did.
What's funny is that The Marvels didn't even do that bad.

I'm glad Joker 2 didn't 't do well, but it aint because the incels are crying. It's Warner brothers having their money blown back up in their face, and thinking they can rush out at sequel and expect the same amount of money twice or even more. Of course, they will learn nothing from this, and the incels go into constant denial or goal posting. Fuck them all.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Lowest Cinema Score exit poll rating by audiences for any comic book movie ever. If this amalgamation can still be technically considered one given the odd “musical” slant, idk.

I love you Gaga, but you shouldn't be this surprised. You did play a great Harley Quinn though.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America